Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » HELLO! newbie here!

Author Topic: HELLO! newbie here!
Jengurl81
Member # 8805

- posted      Profile for Jengurl81           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi I am new to the boards. I have so many hobbies but writing is something I have always done if for no other reason than to just get my feelings out on paper. I am working on finishing my first book right now. I had to start another one as the story came to me but it has been on the back burner for a while because I blocked out. The first is almost done but awaiting a final rewrite. I can't seem to make up my mind how I want it go exactly. I have three different versions! This is my first book attempt. I have mostly only written poetry and short stories in school but that was years ago.
Posts: 1 | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lbdavid98
Member # 8789

- posted      Profile for lbdavid98   Email lbdavid98         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the tree house I'm sure someone'll come along who knows where all the trap doors and doodles are. (I'm still a bit new myself) I've enjoyed my visits here a great deal.
Posts: 29 | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou
Member # 8795

- posted      Profile for Lou   Email Lou         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Jen.
Welcome. I'm a newbie too.
Come on in and pull up a chair or take a look around. Here it's do as you please.

Posts: 21 | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrsBrown
Member # 5195

- posted      Profile for MrsBrown   Email MrsBrown         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excuse us, coming through!

[A knee-hight furry lizard dashes across the room and out the door, chased by a frazzled author who looks around in confusion]

Oh, hello. You must be new here. I'd love to show you around, but my, er, puppy is getting away. Which way did he go?

Posts: 785 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Denem
Member # 8434

- posted      Profile for Denem   Email Denem         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, Mrs. Brown, I just saw your lizard out on the back deck digging in to someone's unattended medium rare steak and corn on the cob.

Oh, hi there, Jen, Lou, Ibdavid, welcome to Hatrack. Won't you join us on the back deck for a late dinner. If you don't care for steak and corn the magic fridge will provide whatever you desire. A few of us like to go straight to dessert.

Posts: 128 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crystal Stevens
Member # 8006

- posted      Profile for Crystal Stevens   Email Crystal Stevens         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there! Glad to see everyone has been filling in while I've been gone. I took my good Foundation Appaloosa mare on a weekend trip of camping and trail riding with three other ladies. Lots of adventures and good times that's for sure.

Now how did that furry lizard escape the tunnels under the magical treehouse? Must be the same way that baby unicorn was following me around awhile back. No Sal, no! Leave the cute little lizard alone. Sal! Oh great. She's chased him into the space station through that door over there. Excuse me, I better chase down my dog. I'll be back in a minute... or two .

Welcome to Hatrack .

Posts: 1320 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.