Hatrack River
Home   |   About Orson Scott Card   |   News & Reviews   |   OSC Library   |   Forums   |   Contact   |   Links
Research Area   |   Writing Lessons   |   Writers Workshops   |   OSC at SVU   |   Calendar   |   Store
E-mail this page
Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » romance genre?

Author Topic: romance genre?
emersongarden
Member # 9030

- posted      Profile for emersongarden   Email emersongarden         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi, i'm a long time fan of the ender series of Orson Scott Card. (Hey, whatever happened to the movie adaptation??)

but i write romance, not s/f. 4 novels and counting, unpublished so far, trying to get the courage to submit something. i'll mosey around and read up on you folks and see if there's anyone like me here.

if there is anyone who'd like to exchange chapters, or read my 100K completed contemporary romance comedy "Eat, Drink, and Be Married", let me know.

i'm esp. looking for anyone from the North of England, gay Mormons, anyone who's married to someone of another religion where BOTH of you feel strongly about your religion, geologists, pharmaceuticals reps...

...actually, anyone who has the slightest interest in helping me with my latest novel AKA to my children as 'Mama's little Frankenstein'.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bent Tree
Member # 7777

- posted      Profile for Bent Tree   Email Bent Tree         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome aboard.

I am pretty deep into the SF...sometimes Fantasy, but I am sure there are some that share interest in your genre, an I will be glad to help if an opportunity arises. Nice to have you.

~Scott D

Posts: 1860 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emersongarden
Member # 9030

- posted      Profile for emersongarden   Email emersongarden         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you, Scott. so friendly!
Posts: 2 | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andrew_McGown
Member # 8732

- posted      Profile for Andrew_McGown   Email Andrew_McGown         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Friendly in a romantic way?

heh heh

welcome aboard, hope you have a fun, productive and creative time here.

Posts: 185 | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspirit
Member # 7974

- posted      Profile for aspirit   Email aspirit         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Andrew, don't start any more trouble than you have to.

Welcome to Hatrack, emersongarden! I tend to read and write speculative fiction but learn from writers of various genres. Have fun as you mosey around. I'm sure you'll find useful information, too.

Posts: 1137 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.