Hatrack River
Home   |   About Orson Scott Card   |   News & Reviews   |   OSC Library   |   Forums   |   Contact   |   Links
Research Area   |   Writing Lessons   |   Writers Workshops   |   OSC at SVU   |   Calendar   |   Store
E-mail this page
Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » I'm back

Author Topic: I'm back
walexander
Member # 9151

- posted      Profile for walexander   Email walexander         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My sister had some serious medical issues - so I had to stop for a couple months - apologies to having to run out on wotf q2 2011 group - I didn't even have time to post a last post before I left - and her place in Wyoming doesn't have much in the way of internet. So I survived on pen and paper - old school - now I have the task ahead of typing all I've written in to some coherent form.

My sister has recovered now - so I've returned - back to the Cali.

Glad to be back. Back to California and back to the forum.

W.

Posts: 331 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Weclome back.
Posts: 3935 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome back, and I'm glad to hear that your sister has recovered.
Posts: 8027 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Indeed welcome back. I missed you.

You and one or two others seem to have disappeared right after joining.

Anyway, I too am glad your sister is better.

And I know how it is to use pen and paper to write, I still have a few stories hand written that I've never gotten around to typing up.

But it sounds like you have a lot of typing to do just don't use your hatrack time to do it...

Posts: 4891 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walexander
Member # 9151

- posted      Profile for walexander   Email walexander         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks gang,

It feels good to be back in the tech world again. I missed it. Got my fill of snow also - here the sun is shining - there's fast food places in constant reach - shopping malls - movies theaters - Gosh, it's good to be home. I feel like I was on an alien planet.

The strangest thing I've noticed is - all the sounds and smells seem new again. I never noticed how much constant background noise there is to a big city till now. Quiet's nice - but I never realized how much I love the energy of the city.

It's good to be back and am looking forward to reading some stories.

W.

Posts: 331 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Josephine Kait
Member # 8157

- posted      Profile for Josephine Kait   Email Josephine Kait         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome back!
Posts: 405 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MYMoore
Member # 9068

- posted      Profile for MYMoore           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome back. I'm glad to hear that your sister has recovered from whatever ailed her. Pen and paper, huh? I've been there, it builds character (no pun intended).

~MYM

Posts: 25 | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.