Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » And now presenting ...

Author Topic: And now presenting ...
zewology
Member # 9580

- posted      Profile for zewology           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, everyone!

My given name is Sara and I'm from the U.S. I am a teacher by day and an aspiring writer by night/summer. My interests mostly lie in a YA arena with a fantasy bent, though I do write some more general fiction and some adult fiction (not ADULT adult ... just, not YA). Nearly everything I write is novel-length ... my ideas are normally too involved to become short stories.

I am very excited to be on the forums, to get feedback on my work and to help others in their goal of improving their own writing. Besides getting helpful feedback from other writers, I think this is one of the best ways to improve my writing skills. Being able to recognize weaknesses in other people's writing helps me know what to look for in my own.

I hope to get to know many of you as I look around the forums!

Posts: 8 | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Josephine Kait
Member # 8157

- posted      Profile for Josephine Kait   Email Josephine Kait         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the Hatrack Treehouse!
Posts: 447 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the treehouse.

Be sure to check out NSG (Novel Support Group) in Hatrack Groups.

Posts: 4405 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Yeatts
Member # 9500

- posted      Profile for A Yeatts   Email A Yeatts         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome! Glad to have you!
Posts: 207 | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Nice to meet you. This is a good place to learn and fellowship over writing.

However when yo explore the wonderful treehouse be careful if you see a unicorn wondering about... she cane be mean.

Oh, recently I heard of a teacher who was writing ADULT books on the side, evidently been doing it for a while but obviously you're not her.

Posts: 5240 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EVOC
Member # 9381

- posted      Profile for EVOC   Email EVOC         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome
Posts: 725 | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KathiS
Member # 9542

- posted      Profile for KathiS   Email KathiS         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the Treehouse!

kls

Posts: 65 | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No one has asked but what type of zewlogy do you do? Or teach?
Posts: 5240 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zewology
Member # 9580

- posted      Profile for zewology           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Already I have gotten some great feedback on my writing and am very happy I found this group.

As for what I teach: no, not English. I teach chemistry and physics. But I still love writing. And LD, are you from PA? Because I think I heard about *that* teacher on the news

Posts: 8 | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.