Hatrack River
Home   |   About Orson Scott Card   |   News & Reviews   |   OSC Library   |   Forums   |   Contact   |   Links
Research Area   |   Writing Lessons   |   Writers Workshops   |   OSC at SVU   |   Calendar   |   Store
E-mail this page
Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » Enter Alfred stage Left

Author Topic: Enter Alfred stage Left
Alfred
Member # 9667

- posted      Profile for Alfred           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aloha,
One of the joys of moving around a lot is you get to find things that help out. For instance, Aloha is a great way to begin a letter or introduction. At the moment I live in North Shore Oahu, which is beautiful and rainy. I get letters from anyone here with Aloha, and it works very well.
My name is Alfred Haus, or at least that is my pen name, and I am pleased to meet you all. I was part of a writers group at the college I attend, but somehow everyone stopped coming and declared school more important. I find this funny since I am working on two big senior seminar papers, and a study on history, yet I still write and want to be read.
Anyway, it is nice meeting you all, I hope to get good criticism and help with my writing.

Mahalo,

-Alfred

PS- Mahalo means thank you in Hawaiian.

Posts: 5 | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the treehouse.
Posts: 3674 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alfred
Member # 9667

Thank you
Posts: 5 | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anarresti
Member # 9614

- posted      Profile for anarresti   Email anarresti         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
aloha. komo mai...
Posts: 109 | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aloha back to you.

Welcome too.

You have found a good place; filled with good people, good advice, good writing teaching, even some good clean fun at times.

So have a look around, even though you have probably done that since I'm late here, but do be careful. There's a unicorn on the loose and she can be mean.

Posts: 4641 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WriteRebekah
Member # 9657

- posted      Profile for WriteRebekah   Email WriteRebekah         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome! Great to have you.

Don't let the talk of the mean unicorn frighten you off. We've got persnickety dragons here as well to keep her in line.

I can't speak for our mechanical friends, though; one of you 'bots want to chime in?

Posts: 27 | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alfred
Member # 9667

Do not worry. Unicorns can be properly taken care of with love and a good pasta.

Dragons can be taught to read, and have incredibly long jokes.

I wish I could speak better Hawaiian. I helped a Hawaiian immersion school one term, but I never got a lesson in the language back.

LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

That depends on your dragon. There's one around here not seen for a while, all white too big to fit in who has very wicked looking eyes. But he seems to bother just one of us but he does have a habit of making a mess when he crashes in. At least according to that one person.

Posts: 4641 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.