Hatrack River
Home   |   About Orson Scott Card   |   News & Reviews   |   OSC Library   |   Forums   |   Contact   |   Links
Research Area   |   Writing Lessons   |   Writers Workshops   |   OSC at SVU   |   Calendar   |   Store
E-mail this page
Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » Salutations.

Author Topic: Salutations.
Franco
Member # 9706

- posted      Profile for Franco   Email Franco         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings from Scotland. My name's Fran, but you can add whatever you like to the end of it. (Franco, Franburg, Franeto, Frandalf - trust me, they've all been done!)

I'm 25, male, love writing and reading science fiction. I'm a massive fan of OSC among many other venerated names in the science fiction world. I won't bother to list them all, as I'm sure you'd be able to guess most of them.

I have a few stories to polish and share, and I hope you enjoy them. I shall also try to get involved in reading and commenting on your work. Hopefully I can bring something useful to the table in that regard.

But anyway! Hello! Pleased to be here! Hurrah!

Posts: 2 | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the treehouse.
Posts: 3937 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Merlion-Emrys
Member # 7912

- posted      Profile for Merlion-Emrys   Email Merlion-Emrys         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You shall be known as Fran Ran der Franebulin
Posts: 2626 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RLKnight
Member # 9703

- posted      Profile for RLKnight   Email RLKnight         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the Treehouse. Good to see I'm not the only newb around.
Posts: 28 | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Howdy there, nice to meet ya.

You have come to the right place to learn some new stuff about the craft of writing, everyone here seems to be friendly and some are knowledgeable about that subject.

However as you look around the treehouse do be careful if you see a unicorn, she can be mean.

Posts: 4893 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MartinV
Member # 5512

- posted      Profile for MartinV   Email MartinV         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Take a pint and have a seat. Welcome.
Posts: 1271 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Franco
Member # 9706

- posted      Profile for Franco   Email Franco         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Meredith:
Welcome to the treehouse.

Thank you! I'll try not to fall out.

quote:
Originally posted by Merlion-Emrys:
You shall be known as Fran Ran der Franebulin

Now that's one I've never been called before! I like it. I shall have my name changed by deed poll immediately!

quote:
Originally posted by RLKnight:
Welcome to the Treehouse. Good to see I'm not the only newb around.

Yeah, being a newb is never fun. Well, actually, it's tons of fun in reality and the monicker falls away rather quickly in my experience!

quote:
Originally posted by LDWriter2:
Howdy there, nice to meet ya.

You have come to the right place to learn some new stuff about the craft of writing, everyone here seems to be friendly and some are knowledgeable about that subject.

However as you look around the treehouse do be careful if you see a unicorn, she can be mean.

(Sets up the unicorn radar warning system.) I'm set. I can't wait to learn from you all and broaden my literary horizons!

quote:
Originally posted by MartinV:
Take a pint and have a seat. Welcome.

With the addition of a free pint, this place is now officially perfect.
Posts: 2 | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Merlion-Emrys
Member # 7912

- posted      Profile for Merlion-Emrys   Email Merlion-Emrys         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's Scottish, that makes him immune to unicorns.

Now lions...that's another story.

Posts: 2626 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
C@R3Y
Member # 9669

- posted      Profile for C@R3Y   Email C@R3Y         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pleased to meet you. x]
Posts: 193 | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anarresti
Member # 9614

- posted      Profile for anarresti   Email anarresti         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome!
Posts: 109 | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.