Hatrack River
Home   |   About Orson Scott Card   |   News & Reviews   |   OSC Library   |   Forums   |   Contact   |   Links
Research Area   |   Writing Lessons   |   Writers Workshops   |   OSC at SVU   |   Calendar   |   Store
E-mail this page
Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » Hi, I'm Klimpaloon

Author Topic: Hi, I'm Klimpaloon
Klimpaloon
Member # 9740

- posted      Profile for Klimpaloon   Email Klimpaloon         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...of course, that's not my real name--that's one thing I'd like to keep to myself. I've been a life-long reader of sci-fi and fantasy and I have been progressively showing more and more writer-like tendencies over the last several years. I'm in college, so schoolwork takes me away from writing more than I'd like. My current WIP is something I started brainstorming for almost three years ago and now is mostly written--except the end, which I have yet to figure out what to do with. When I read other people's stuff, I'm usually better at noticing small problems rather than big ones, but hopefully I'll get better.
Posts: 4 | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Treamayne
Member # 9700

- posted      Profile for Treamayne           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let me be the first to welcome you to the treehouse. There's a great bunch of friendly people here who know alot and love to share what they know.

Have a seat by the fire or wander through the rooms. Off to the left you can visit the space dock if you prefer.

Enjoy yourself and ask Kathleen for your HUB right away.

Posts: 61 | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the treehouse.
Posts: 3899 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tiergan
Member # 7852

- posted      Profile for Tiergan   Email Tiergan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome.
Posts: 1130 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I send my welcome also. This is a nice place with cool people. Some know certain things about writing and what to watch out for.
Writing while going to school is tough but we sometimes have our own deadlines so that might motivate you. [Smile]

But as you are exploring do be careful if you spot a unicorn, she can be mean.

Posts: 4846 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AbbyG
Member # 9737

- posted      Profile for AbbyG   Email AbbyG         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi from another newbie
Posts: 11 | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Merlion-Emrys
Member # 7912

- posted      Profile for Merlion-Emrys   Email Merlion-Emrys         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have a crumpet.
Posts: 2626 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klimpaloon
Member # 9740

- posted      Profile for Klimpaloon   Email Klimpaloon         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks! Also what exactly is a "HUB" and what does it do?
Posts: 4 | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The HUB (Hatrack Utility Belt) is to help with your writing. You can learn about it here.
Posts: 7995 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.