Hatrack River
Home   |   About Orson Scott Card   |   News & Reviews   |   OSC Library   |   Forums   |   Contact   |   Links
Research Area   |   Writing Lessons   |   Writers Workshops   |   OSC at SVU   |   Calendar   |   Store
E-mail this page
Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » Hello my name is ___________

Author Topic: Hello my name is ___________
piratequeen65
Member # 9760

- posted      Profile for piratequeen65   Email piratequeen65         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi to everyone out there…
A little about myself; I am over-educated and under-employed, I have been writing on and off since childhood, I love to read just about everything but westerns. Used to read about vampires, zombies and werewolves but am pretty sick of them at this point. It’s going to have to be really good to bring this reader back. Took an extended break from writing in my twenties and thirties—funny how common this seems to be. Teen-agers rule the house now; I am relegated to my office so I figured I may as well pick up a pen, 0.5mm tip preferred. Enjoyable activities include cooking (which I am very good at), cycling, movies, and re-watching firefly episodes, pretty run of the mill stuff. Sometimes I write bad poetry to amuse my spouse when I am not working on my sci-fi/romance/space-opera thing. Having lived in the PNW most of my life means more often than not I walk the dog in the rain. Don’t believe all those nice things written about Seattle, its nasty here and we all hole up in the fall/winter and most of spring. When spring finally comes the locals emerge as pale and pasty as Gollum, and no kidding, we need sunglasses because our eyes cannot handle sunlight. Looking forward to learning how this all works and meeting some new folks!
Elise

Posts: 11 | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Merlion-Emrys
Member # 7912

- posted      Profile for Merlion-Emrys   Email Merlion-Emrys         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings. Have a lovely guava pastry.
Posts: 2626 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the treehouse.
Posts: 3899 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rcmann
Member # 9757

- posted      Profile for rcmann   Email rcmann         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Howdy. My daughter lives in Seattle. It's not THAT bad. Moist, I will admit...
Posts: 884 | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
piratequeen65
Member # 9760

- posted      Profile for piratequeen65   Email piratequeen65         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just my effort to keep the riffraff out [Smile] but don't let on I said so.
Posts: 11 | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rcmann
Member # 9757

- posted      Profile for rcmann   Email rcmann         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too late. My kinfolk already moved in. [Smile]
Posts: 884 | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello to ye. Be warm and may you live long and prosper.

There here is a right nice place to learn about the craft of writing. And as I recall you aren't the only one here with teenagers wondering the house.

However as you explore the treehouse be warned, if ye see that unicorn be careful you be near the shoals... I mean she can be mean.

And what no plundering??? Not even any looting?

I don't think I'll be visiting Oregon soon with 65 pirate queens running around. You gals must get into each other's way. [Smile]

Oops must be still fuzzy brained from my bad cold-- I slept for two days and a half days and had the worse aches I've had in years, not to mention pink eyes- but I thought Oregon was the wet state.

[ February 18, 2012, 12:24 PM: Message edited by: LDWriter2 ]

Posts: 4847 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MartinV
Member # 5512

- posted      Profile for MartinV   Email MartinV         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Always a pleasure to meet a fellow Firefly fan. Welcome.
Posts: 1271 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
enigmaticuser
Member # 9398

- posted      Profile for enigmaticuser   Email enigmaticuser         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi.

I prefer Spokane to Seattle myself. And what if Firefly had books? Wouldn't they count as western?

Posts: 336 | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.