Hatrack River
Home † | † About Orson Scott Card † | † News & Reviews † | † OSC Library † | † Forums † | † Contact † | † Links
Research Area † | † Writing Lessons † | † Writers Workshops † | † OSC at SVU † | † Calendar † | † Store
E-mail this page
Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » Needs a boot to the rear to finish something :)

Author Topic: Needs a boot to the rear to finish something :)
janus2
Member # 9294

- posted      Profile for janus2           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello. I'm a procrastinator. They say the first step is admitting you have a problem and that most certainly is mine. I don't have problems with writing but I've yet to finish one manuscript and what's worse is I have several incomplete versions of that one novel.

So with all the help being offered here I want to not only finish a manuscript but send it off. Do I think I've got what it takes to write something for the generations? I don't know but I do know I have what it takes to be a published writer and live comfortably off of those profits (three meals, own a small home, catnip for the cat, etc.).

Thanks to everyone who made something like this place possible for the procrastinators like me.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Josephine Kait
Member # 8157

- posted      Profile for Josephine Kait   Email Josephine Kait         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Catnip? <perks ears> Did someone say something about catnip? Ohhh, catnip! Catnip! CATNIP!

Welcome to the Hatrack treehouse, oh bearer of catnip!

Donít miss out on The Hatrack Treehouse Adventures! [Wink]

Mmm, catnip.

And welcome! Donít let the lovely catnip make me forget to say welcome!

-Lady Tiger

Posts: 405 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
angel011
Member # 9765

- posted      Profile for angel011   Email angel011         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lady Tiger, you take his earnings for catnip, and I'll take his earnings for tuna, how about that? Or do we just purr and look cute until he gives us catnip and tuna? [Big Grin]

Ahem.

janus, you're very, very welcome. [Big Grin]

Posts: 62 | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the treehouse.
Posts: 3899 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Indeed be welcome. We have all types of people including those who will kick you in the seat of the pants if that is what is needed. [Smile]

And some here can teach you a thing or three about writing too.

However I must say that be careful if you see a unicorn be careful she can be mean.

Posts: 4846 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Merlion-Emrys
Member # 7912

- posted      Profile for Merlion-Emrys   Email Merlion-Emrys         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings. Have a lovely doughnut. With maple. Lovely, lovely maple.
Posts: 2626 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shaygirl
Member # 9761

- posted      Profile for Shaygirl   Email Shaygirl         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry this is very late...

WELCOME!!!!

Have a lovely time here, I am part of the procrastinators club, or would be if I could get around to joining it.

This is a good place for that malady (just sayin).

Shaygirl

Posts: 83 | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Codeô is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.