Hatrack River
Home   |   About Orson Scott Card   |   News & Reviews   |   OSC Library   |   Forums   |   Contact   |   Links
Research Area   |   Writing Lessons   |   Writers Workshops   |   OSC at SVU   |   Calendar   |   Store
E-mail this page
Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » Laura, the mighty and bold

Author Topic: Laura, the mighty and bold
henriksen.laura
Member # 9783

- posted      Profile for henriksen.laura   Email henriksen.laura         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been writing about 1,000 words per day since January 2011. I'm serious about writing but green when it comes to publishing. Orson Scott Card is one of my favorite authors, and I've always found his writing advice invaluable.

I'm currently working on a first draft of "The Prophecy of Merv." It's a story about a wheat farmer who kills the evil king, rescues the princess, and accidentally fulfills the fabricated prophecies about the Lost Prince.

Posts: 6 | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the treehouse.
Posts: 3933 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MartinV
Member # 5512

- posted      Profile for MartinV   Email MartinV         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome aboard. Have some pie.
Posts: 1271 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Yeatts
Member # 9500

- posted      Profile for A Yeatts   Email A Yeatts         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome! If you live close enough, you should check out OSC's 2 day workshop and the week long Boot Camp in Greensboro,NC. Amazing!
Posts: 207 | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Merlion-Emrys
Member # 7912

- posted      Profile for Merlion-Emrys   Email Merlion-Emrys         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings. Have a lovely donut-croissant.

Martin, you know offering deserts to the newbies is my job.

Posts: 2626 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Offering treats to our new members is something every and anyone can do. I don't recall that "job" being assigned or contracted exclusively to anyone.
Posts: 8027 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the Place... The Fabulous Treehouse. A great place to spend with friends and to learn the craft of writing.

And not to cheat on a Cheat on a boyfriend that is a tattoo artist. Scroll down to the bottom post.

And as you explore be careful with that unicorn she can be mean

Posts: 4891 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MartinV
Member # 5512

- posted      Profile for MartinV   Email MartinV         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, Merlion. I'll take the pie back if the stuffing is still fresh. Otherwise it goes to the unicorn. Or the pictsies.
Posts: 1271 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pictsies ?

And maybe after a nice pie she wouldn't feel so cranky and mean.

Posts: 4891 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MartinV
Member # 5512

That was a Terry Pratchett reference. If you don't know what it means, you should definitely have a read.
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

He's one writer I've always rejected. For what he writes about not his ability which is probably very good.
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the word "pixies" actually comes from the Picts, so while Pratchett may have emphasized (and/or "punned" with) it, he probably didn't make it up.
Posts: 8027 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

I was thinking of it being short for pictures but Picts works. [Smile]
Josephine Kait
Member # 8157

- posted      Profile for Josephine Kait   Email Josephine Kait         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome, Laura, to the Hatrack Treehouse! Please feel free to explore and enjoy. [Wink]

See you in F&F,

-Lady Tiger

Posts: 405 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.