Hatrack River
Home   |   About Orson Scott Card   |   News & Reviews   |   OSC Library   |   Forums   |   Contact   |   Links
Research Area   |   Writing Lessons   |   Writers Workshops   |   OSC at SVU   |   Calendar   |   Store
E-mail this page
Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » Greetings! New member here.

Author Topic: Greetings! New member here.
rabirch
Member # 9832

- posted      Profile for rabirch   Email rabirch         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tap, tap, tap. Is this microphone on?

Sorry, it's a bit intimidating to write about myself, so I'm hiding my nerves under an attempt at humor.

My name is Rebecca Birch. I've been writing spec-fic seriously since about the year 2000. I've had one semi-pro sale and I've earned two Honorable Mentions in the Writers of the Future contest.

I write mostly short stories and tend more towards fantasy or light sci-fi. My science skills are not strong, so the more hand-waving I can do, the better off I am.

I'm looking forward to meeting you all!

Posts: 211 | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, the Mic is on. We heard you quite clearly. You have a nice clear voice even with your hand waving. And we like humor also. [Smile]

Welcome, sounds like your off to a good start. May I ask where the semi-pro sale was to?

We have all types here and some of us know something about writing and don't mind sharing.

However as you explore the treehouse be careful some unknown stuff in here and a snarky unicorn. She can be mean.

Posts: 4891 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rabirch
Member # 9832

- posted      Profile for rabirch   Email rabirch         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My semi-pro sale was to Abyss & Apex under the byline Rebecca A. Willman. I'm looking forward to making my first sale under my new name. [Smile]

Thanks for the welcome and I'll keep an eye open for the unicorn!

Posts: 211 | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the treehouse.
Posts: 3935 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snapper
Member # 7299

- posted      Profile for snapper   Email snapper         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey. A&A is not an easy market to crack. I am impressed.
Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
axeminister
Member # 8991

- posted      Profile for axeminister   Email axeminister         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bite.
Posts: 1473 | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.