Hatrack River
Home   |   About Orson Scott Card   |   News & Reviews   |   OSC Library   |   Forums   |   Contact   |   Links
Research Area   |   Writing Lessons   |   Writers Workshops   |   OSC at SVU   |   Calendar   |   Store
E-mail this page
Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » Something new and exciting...

Author Topic: Something new and exciting...
Jake Enholm
Member # 9833

- posted      Profile for Jake Enholm   Email Jake Enholm         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or will you settle for boring and new? Let's see...I've only been writing for a year and a half. I like hard SF, genetic algorithms that can find optimal points at discontinuous functions, and turtles because they're the only things I can outrun. I've written several short stories that might not suck, based on the same character. I'm stringing them together into a novel. I'm here for guidance and good, hard, and usable criticism and will try to provide the same.
Posts: 14 | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the treehouse.
Posts: 3935 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MartinV
Member # 5512

- posted      Profile for MartinV   Email MartinV         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Came to the right place, Jake. Welcome.
Posts: 1271 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice to meet you.

Over the years of reading I've noticed that a couple of pros have done that with certain characters so it can work.

So join in the learning...it can be fun here.

And you're not the only one who likes algorithms here. At least one other here talks about them. [Smile]

You know that could make an interesting story.

But be careful around the treehouse. The unicorn is snarky and she can be down right mean at times.

[ June 06, 2012, 01:00 AM: Message edited by: LDWriter2 ]

Posts: 4891 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jake Enholm
Member # 9833

- posted      Profile for Jake Enholm   Email Jake Enholm         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If its snarky and well done I just might steal it and use it myself.
Posts: 14 | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TimP
Member # 9861

- posted      Profile for TimP   Email TimP         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there. Welcome aboard.
Posts: 13 | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.