Hatrack River
Home   |   About Orson Scott Card   |   News & Reviews   |   OSC Library   |   Forums   |   Contact   |   Links
Research Area   |   Writing Lessons   |   Writers Workshops   |   OSC at SVU   |   Calendar   |   Store
E-mail this page
Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » Magical Half-finished worlds

Author Topic: Magical Half-finished worlds
Rei_Blackstone
Member # 10078

- posted      Profile for Rei_Blackstone           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi! I go by Rei Blackstone. I half live in Krana (my current and longest love-hate relationship) and half here in reality and anywhere else that seems to invite me to visit. A recent college grad *angels hallelujah choir* and preparing to go overseas to teach English. I write in my spare time and have so many story ideas I do not know where to begin, though only two are "finished" and the rest are in some metamorphosis of story line, plot, character creation. My only wish that I can put a whole story down on paper before the next pops in my head or evolves into a whole new plot twist.
Posts: 7 | Registered: May 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the treehouse.
Posts: 3899 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Rei be welcome and warmed.

This is a good place where you can learn to finish your stories. We seem to have growing number of people with that problem but that's one reason the group is here. We learn to write better and even to vent a bit here and there.

Mayhaps that is part of why you don't finish--fear of one thing or another. But stay turned we are a friendly bunch of follow writers.

However as you explore the treehouse be careful if you meet a unicorn, she may not be so friendly.

Posts: 4847 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tesknota
Member # 10041

- posted      Profile for tesknota   Email tesknota         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Rei! Right out of college, I almost went overseas to teach too! And coincidentally, I am also guilty of not finishing stories.

I like to think that all my creations live in a separate universe somewhere just glaring at me to continue their tales. That way, I feel a bit guilty.

Welcome to Hatrack!

[ June 22, 2013, 02:25 AM: Message edited by: tesknota ]

Posts: 168 | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Vera
Member # 10072

- posted      Profile for Melanie Vera   Email Melanie Vera         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Rei! Welcome to the group. I know what you mean by having a story finished. Lately I keep getting ideas popping in my end and cannot seem to get the stories done.

Hope you the best, enjoy.

Posts: 37 | Registered: May 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KellyTharp
Member # 9997

- posted      Profile for KellyTharp   Email KellyTharp         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Rei. The more you write then you can get all that info out of your head! This is a good place to learn how to do that. KT
Posts: 96 | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.