Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » Hi!

Author Topic: Hi!
CSCastle
Member # 10346

- posted      Profile for CSCastle   Email CSCastle         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello fellow writers!

I'm very excited to have found this writer's workshop. I'm currently starting to work on two story ideas.

I've never written fiction before (at least with the intent to publish). However, I use to write professionally with a focus on internal employee communications for a large corporation. I also use to be a managing editor for a corporate newsletter, as well as ran a few marketing campaigns.

Although I feel pretty comfortable 'writing', I am definitely a novice in the realm of storytelling! I look forward to meeting you all and learning from the critiques that I hope I am fortunate enough to obtain.

I am starting to read Orson Scott Card's "Elements of Fiction Writing," and so far it has been a wealth of wonderful information.

I'm looking forward to growing as a writer and storyteller, and feel so lucky to have found this workshop!

Posts: 3 | Registered: Nov 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mithridates
Member # 10347

- posted      Profile for mithridates           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, you posted at exactly the same time I did. How did you hear about this workshop?
Posts: 27 | Registered: Nov 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CSCastle
Member # 10346

- posted      Profile for CSCastle   Email CSCastle         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started reading Elements of Fiction Writing and thought I'd take a look at any other resources Orson Scott Card offered. Found this workshop on his site. How about you?
Posts: 3 | Registered: Nov 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mithridates
Member # 10347

- posted      Profile for mithridates           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The writing excuses podcast with Kathleen as the guest finally motivated me to sign up http://www.writingexcuses.com/ but I've known about hatrack more than 10 years.
Posts: 27 | Registered: Nov 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CSCastle
Member # 10346

Excellent! Thanks for the link. Looks like a great resource.
Lamberguesa
Member # 10320

- posted      Profile for Lamberguesa   Email Lamberguesa         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello CSCastle, welcome to the treehouse! It's always great to see new members round here. I'm fairly new myself.

I recommend checking out TaleSpinner's flash fiction challenge. It's a good quick way to get your feet wet and get a lot of crits in the process.

Cheers!
-A.L.

Posts: 80 | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the treehouse.
Posts: 4477 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Josephine Kait
Member # 8157

- posted      Profile for Josephine Kait   Email Josephine Kait         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Indeed, welcome to the Hatrack Treehouse! [Big Grin]

-Lady Tiger

Posts: 456 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.