Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Writing Challenges » Rescuing the 13 Lines Contest

Author Topic: Rescuing the 13 Lines Contest
Doctor
Member # 7736

- posted      Profile for Doctor   Email Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
Firstly, who started all of this? (I'm talking about the Captain Hook challenge.)

Please come forward the two or three of you who first got this going. Because I think we need your leadership, we need to set up some standards, many of us have idea, but we need somebody to have the authority to execute them. Somebody to be the universal decider, we're like a congress with no president. We need an authority figure, and by right I say those figures (or figure) ought to be the founders of this entire contest.

When this first began it had a positive growth rate, more and more people were participating on a weekly basis. But eventually the trend reversed and whatever intial charm it had has dampened. I'm even progressively less interested in writing 13 lines. But I was very excited at first, and I think this is (can be) an exercise which helps our craft but also energizes us about writing in general.

I'm not sure what changed, but I think part of it is simply that it has become confusing. And there really isn't anyone to say "OK this is how it's going to be."

Other ideas I have:
shorter synopses (and more flexible), only one contest at a time, slightly longer stretches of time for writing and voting, etc.

I motion that we have someone "in charge" who can hear our ideas (like those I suggested) and accept/reject them. These people should be in tune with the consensus of the "players," but ultimately they make the rules for the game. Because if I think we're playing basketball and you think we're playing soccer, we'll argue, become confused, and ultimately neither of us will enjoy the game.

Posts: 187 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bent Tree
Member # 7777

- posted      Profile for Bent Tree   Email Bent Tree         Edit/Delete Post 
Origionally it was Skadder's mastermind, but me, Snapper, KayTi, Kathyton, IB, and Anne(forgive me if I missed any) were around to get it rolling.

There was a big hiccup a few weeks ago when there were some late starts, lost mods, etc..
Paired with the other new challenges and a big new commitee discussion that wanted to change things, I suppose alot was cluttered, but the original model was working fine.

If anyone is President, it should be Skadder. I don't mind on sitting in on a commitee if one were made, but it's inner workings and discussion should be via email rather than out here because it seems to open the floor to too many distractions. At least that is what I have noticed.

If Skaddder doesn't feel up for it, I will give it a go. I have been around since the beginning and been mod twice, so I have a pretty good feel for it. I also have more time on my hands than most.

Yeah, this was built by committe, but we have a good model ou run with, so closing the polls on how this thing runs will likely benefit us, by eliminating the confusion.

Posts: 1888 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devnal
Member # 6724

- posted      Profile for Devnal   Email Devnal         Edit/Delete Post 
Doctor has relayed my feelings on the matter sufficiently. I too would like to see skadder take control of the 13 line contest if it is possible, he seems to always be on top of things. I would really like to see some strict deadlines again and structured routine (eg, synopsis posted fri, entries taken till wednesday, voting done thursday or whatever the schedule is). I would definetely be more inclined to participate.

Posts: 303 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tiergan
Member # 7852

- posted      Profile for Tiergan   Email Tiergan         Edit/Delete Post 
Jeez, Benttree, I been here since week two, and only missed one week, and I even voted that week, and you throw me out to pasture. Ouch! You could at least turn me out to stud.

Just kidding, I second Skadder for president.

Posts: 1168 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bent Tree
Member # 7777

Sorry Tiergan
Posts: 1888 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor
Member # 7736

That sounds great.

Skadder, are you up for it?

Your mission if you choose to accept it...

Posts: 187 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snapper
Member # 7299

- posted      Profile for snapper   Email snapper         Edit/Delete Post 
Skadder needs a VP to help out. He is really busy at the moment (something about planning an invasion of Turkey or something). But before you volunteer me, I drive a truck long distances and my access to the web can be quite skittish. If you need an executive decision allow me. Excuse my while I clear my throat...

Due to rising gas prices, a mounting national debt, a million home foreclosures, a falling dollar, and two official foreign wars (not going to guess how many unofficial ones); we have decided to skip a week to give everyone time to absorb these crisis's. That and we could all use a break.
In the meantime we are examining lengthening the challenges to a two week schedule to avoid overlapping challenges. Your input is welcome on the matter. You can also offer your input on the other matters but they'll just be ignored.
Thank you for continuing your interest in the 13 line challenge. Your opinion is important to us. Any suggestions you have on the challenge please post on this thread. If you have any useful suggestions for the other crisis's, email your ideas to...

nooneingovernmentcareswhatyouthink.com

Thank you and have a great day.

Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skadder
Member # 6757

- posted      Profile for skadder   Email skadder         Edit/Delete Post 
I already take an overview over it. I often email moderators to annoy (I mean remind them) to do stuff. Which reminds me--it is important to keep the Roll of Honour going--it's the prize--and I have had to remind the last three mods to post on it.

*coughs* WOLFE_BOY? Me? I won didn't I?

I am OK about presiding over the competition. How about this:

1)The President can change the rules after consultation with the VPs, not the synopsis writer. Although I am obviously open to over-whelming public opinion (hey, I want a second term too).

2) You have to email me with your synopsis the week before you are the Synopsis Writer (hereby referred to as the SW) (Friday before), failure to do that will result in me contacting the next few SW's to see who can step up in only a few days.

3)I will post the synopsis (thereby opening the competition) and people will send intros to me, which I will post anytime they arrive but not before Monday (so Monday to Thursday).

4)Thursday night (00.00 GMT) I will close the competition by posting somthing to that effect. Voting to start after that until following Monday night. Then I will close voting and post the winner in the roll of honour -together with winning title. You can work out second and third yourselves.

5) I may, to have a break from it or go on holiday, request a VP to take over the job--but it needs to be someone reliable who can meet all the deadlines. So if you are up for VP put your name down on the list. VP's cannot change the rules, even if there are no entries.

6) Synopsis writer and President may enter (I don't think they have ever won) the competition but the President or VP (if VPing) must vote last--if voting--preferably having not checked what everyone else has voted for.

7) All other rules remain in effect, but could people format their emails as below:

Entry Number #
[space]
Title: b______________/b (but done properly!)
[space]
Story---->

8) When the President steps down (when they have had enough) they and the VPs decide on the new president (Presidents opinion counts most), based on performance as a VP and willingness to do the job (minimum of four weeks). Then a new VP can be nominated (if the president leaves the committee) from those willing to step up. So to be president you have to be a VP first. If the president does a crap job the VPs can give a vote of no-confidence (majority) and replace him from their ranks--no hard feelings.

I just want to keep my work to a minimum so I can just paste them in. This way everybody still gets to write the synposis, but don't have to worry about the admin bit and can leave that to those who have the inclination.

I will Preside for a month or so to get it going and will write THE RULES and post the seperately for everyone to look at and comment on. When we have got them nailed down (as best we can) they will remain that way...

What do you think? Volunteers for VPs? I need at least three people who reckon they can pretty much do the above and be consistent. That way I should be able to get someone if I can't do it. If A VP steps in separate post will inform everyone and participants will merely send to the VP who will receive all relevant data concerning the competition.

[This message has been edited by skadder (edited June 06, 2008).]

[This message has been edited by skadder (edited June 06, 2008).]

Posts: 2995 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JustInProse
Member # 7872

- posted      Profile for JustInProse   Email JustInProse         Edit/Delete Post 
I love it. Much better than before, we need ONE person to run this thing.

I'd be up for VP, but obviously I have a bad rep. I'll try and keep things consistent from here on out, as best I can. Good job Skadder, and thanks for creating this.

Posts: 189 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snapper
Member # 7299

I'll take a cabinet position. VP of propaganda, that's what I want. No one can match my BSing skills around here. I dare anyone to say otherwise.
Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JustInProse
Member # 7872

- posted      Profile for JustInProse   Email JustInProse         Edit/Delete Post 
Snapper....are we going to have to take this outside? I don't want to have to use my kujufizu on you...but alas, if I must, I will.
Posts: 189 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skadder
Member # 6757

Oh Yeah, a VP can be dismissed by the President if he/she says he/she can do something and doesn't (Justin!). He/she won't be dismissed if he/she is unavailable (although if he/she is never available then...) I will nominate three VPs. as follows:

The Vice-President of Magical Endeavors
The Vice President of Technological Solutions
The Vice President of Psychic Research

I would like a list of potential VP's to choose from. If you are on the list, but don't get chosen you may be selected when a new VP is required. When I get five (hopefully more) I will chose three. Obviously, I will take into account how well they functioned as a mod, but I won't discount people who state they can stick to all he rules this time (as this is the point of the changes). So far:

JustinProse
Snapper

Just add to the list if you are willing.

Can the next synopsis writer (DOCTOR) send me his synopsis a.s.a.p, also Tiergan can you send me your's or at least get ready to step in if Doctor is not ready.

These synopsis should be for short stories and should explain stuff the reader might not know (e.g. ghost is really an alien), but should also go a fair way into the story giving multiple entry points for writers.

If I don't get a synopsis from a writer, I will have one in reserve myself or ask a VP to provide one.

I will accept updated synopsis up until the day before posting e.g. Thursday night GMT. If I don't get it for some reason and you sent me an update--tough--I will post the most recent one you sent.

[This message has been edited by skadder (edited June 07, 2008).]

Posts: 2995 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snapper
Member # 7299

VP of ME has a nice ring to it.
kathyton
Member # 7780

- posted      Profile for kathyton   Email kathyton         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
would like a list of potential VP's to choose from. . . . When I get five (hopefully more) I will chose three. . . So far:

JustinProse
Snapper
kathyton

I'm lawful good and have OCD. Everything you would want in an administrator.

Posts: 195 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skadder
Member # 6757

quote:
...I have OCD...

That's what we need. Anyone with this particular psychiatric disorder is encouraged to apply--in fact anyone with a neurosis, but no-one with apathy.

I will consider psychotics (snapper)--as long as they are not floridly delusional at the moment and are taking their meds--especially serial killers.

They always have good attention to detail.

InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

- posted      Profile for InarticulateBabbler   Email InarticulateBabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh...in that case...
Posts: 3687 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skadder
Member # 6757

Is that a yes IB?
InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

- posted      Profile for InarticulateBabbler   Email InarticulateBabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if your looking for mentally off volunteers...I'm your huckleberry. (In case of emergency, right?)
Posts: 3687 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skadder
Member # 6757

JustinProse
Snapper
kathyton
IB

ONE MORE THEN??

InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

You could have balanced those names better, they're going to fall off. Except for kathyton, because I don't mind a woman on top...

[This message has been edited by InarticulateBabbler (edited June 07, 2008).]

skadder
Member # 6757

IB
Snapper
kathyton
JustinProse

There...equilibrium restored.

skadder
Member # 6757

OK...since I have three people who were mods with no problems I will nominate the following:

Snapper: Vice-President of Magical Endeavours

Kathyton: Vice-President of Psychic Research

InarticulateBabbler: Vice-President of Technological Solutions

Sorry, Justin.

I will post the New Rules and invite all to comment on them. We will give it two days and then set them in stone--well, a soft kind of chalk, perhaps.

I still need a synopsis from next weeks synopsis writer. Could one of the VPs volunteer to write one in case I don't get one in the next 48 hours--I have given the synopsis writer a little longer due to the change in rules this week.

Could the VP that volunteers just post saying they will do it.

Ship’s Rules:

• The synopsis writer (SW) sends the President or a nominated Vice-President (here after called the Committee) the synopsis on the Friday before it is due to be posted—a week early. If the synopsis has not been received, the committee will contact the next SW and request their synopsis by Sunday night. If this is not received a committee member will post a reserve synopsis.

• The ship sets sail every Friday when a new synopsis is posted by the President or one of his Vice-Presidents.

• Once the synopsis is posted, you may begin writing 13 lines (see Hatrack guidelines for ensuring it is 13 lines).

• You can begin the story from any chronological part of the synopsis.

• Any details not specified in the plan can be made up as long as they do not SERIOUSLY alter the story.

• Remember, this contest is ABOUT mastering the hook--so have one.

• The President or his nominated stand in, will assign your story a number and post it between Monday and Thursday. They will not be posted over the weekend.

• PLEASE don’t look at what other people have done until after you have sent yours to the moderator.

• Edit your work before sending it—no corrections will be made after it has been emailed, and email it only once.

• Email your entry to the President, or his nominated deputy (a post will identify any changes) by latest Thursday night (GMT in my case). Ensure any bold or italic formatting is included exactly as you would format it if you posted it on Hatrack yourself.

o Hatrack Nickname: <nickname>

o Entry # (Committee will fill in number)
o [Space]
o Title: b<title>/b
o [space]
o <story>

o Paste this in your email and ensure you state at the top your Hatrack nickname.

• I will post the competition is closed and voting can commence. If you enter you are expected to vote. People who enter and don’t vote twice in row may have ‘NON-VOTER, DON’T VOTE FOR THIS’ next to their next entry at the committee’s discretion--past good behaviour maybe taken into account. Critting, although useful, is not required, but you are expected to identify a first, second and third, and best title.

• Future Synopsis Writers:
1) Doctor
2) Tiergan
3) illiterate
4) skadder.
5) Annepin.
6) JustInProse

o Copy the above and add your name to the list if you wish to write a synopsis, however pay attention to point one above and try to get something ready at least a week earlier.

All comments welcome for 48 hours. VPs are encouraged to re-write this if they can do it better!

Unwritten
Member # 7960

- posted      Profile for Unwritten   Email Unwritten         Edit/Delete Post 
1) Doctor
2) Tiergan
3) illiterate
4) skadder.
5) Annepin.
6) JustInProse
7) Unwritten

Posts: 938 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snapper
Member # 7299

From the The Vice-President of Magical Endeavors desk.

Thank you for appointing me to be VP of ME. I intend to put all my time and energy into ME. I expect all my staff to give all their attention to ME. I would like to ask that a large amount of the budget be set aside for ME, considering the importantance of the department.
As Vice-President of Magical Endeavors, it would be prudent that I should take up a cause. I urge for the preservation and protection of the elves. They are hunted by orcs, despised by dwarves, and what few are left are imprisoned in a frozen waste land to build toys by an attention getting old man. So please join ME in the cause of My Elfs.
Also I will take charge of the Eye. The all seeing, all knowing eye. Kathyton shouldn't need it as the Vice-President of Psychic Research, and IB will just abuse it as the Vice-President of Technological Solutions.
So rest assured. I will unselfishly spend all my time focusing my attention on ME, My Elfs, and Eye.
The department is in such good hands.

skadder
Member # 6757

Oh dear. He is actively delusional. Take your meds snapper!
snapper
Member # 7299

Meds involves IB's department. Over here we drink potions. Time for another swig.
Oh, that's much better.

[This message has been edited by snapper (edited June 07, 2008).]

InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

I think snapper and I have been mixed up in the VP department...I'm more of a sword and sorcery guy ...well, swords anyway. Maybe VP of Blades and Brutality...
Patrick James
Member # 7847

- posted      Profile for Patrick James   Email Patrick James         Edit/Delete Post 
ME, My Elves, and Eye!?

You're sick! Very funny, but sick!

Posts: 604 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kathyton
Member # 7780

- posted      Profile for kathyton   Email kathyton         Edit/Delete Post 
I knew you'd pick me, of course. Thanks for the promotion to VP of Psychic Research.

My only addition to the rules is to point out that I have a strong sense that someone, somewhere, will have trouble counting to 13. Check out the "Please read here first" forum: topics: "How to tell 13 lines," and "Why just 13 lines?" The forum uses the term "scrolling," which is operationalized as "when the little slider thingy on the side appears, the writer is scrolling (irregardless as if whether the box still has room for more text.)

quote:
You could have balanced those names better, they're going to fall off. Except for kathyton, because I don't mind a woman on top...
--Thank you, IB. You're so chivalrous.

Posts: 195 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skadder
Member # 6757

Kathyton,

Kathleen recently updated that post to show a template that shows exactly what 13 lines is.

Adam

Bent Tree
Member # 7777

I might recomend putting up a sample of the proper format for subs. There are some variations that tend to slow the posting process.
skadder
Member # 6757

Ship’s Rules:

• The synopsis writer (SW) sends the President or a nominated Vice-President (here after called the Committee) the synopsis on the Friday before it is due to be posted—a week early. If the synopsis has not been received, the committee will contact the next SW and request their synopsis by Sunday night. If this is not received a committee member will post a reserve synopsis.

• The ship sets sail every Friday when a new synopsis is posted by the President or one of his Vice-Presidents.

• Once the synopsis is posted, you may begin writing 13 lines (see Hatrack guidelines for ensuring it is 13 lines).

• Any details not specified in the plan can be made up as long as they do not SERIOUSLY alter the story.

• The President or his nominated stand in, will assign your story a number and post it between Monday and Thursday. They will not be posted over the weekend.

• PLEASE don’t look at what other people have done until after you have sent yours to the moderator.

• Edit your work before sending it—no corrections will be made after it has been emailed, and email it only once.

• Email your entry to the President, or his nominated deputy (a post will identify any changes) by latest Thursday night (GMT in my case). Ensure any bold or italic formatting is included exactly as you would format it if you posted it on Hatrack yourself.
Example:

skadder (my hatrack nickname)

Entry # (Committee will fill in number)

Title: The Wrathful Gaze of Allah

The scout’s hand shook as he pointed to the dune. “It lies on the other side, my Lord.”
Caliph Abu Bakr eyed the dune. The cool evening breeze plucked at his robes. Yes, let’s see. He began to walk up the hot sand.
“Caliph, you must not go—it could be a desert djinn.”
“Perhaps.” Abu Bakr turned to grin at the shivering guard. “If Allah wills it so--but Allah put it here, so I will look.”
As he crested the dune he gasped. Before him, half buried in molten, glowing sand, lay a vast metal structure. To one side lay a winged creature with a body like a man. It was totally covered in intricate armour and a single crystal was set in its helm. An angel--a dead one. Then it stirred.
“Quick,” Abu Bakr shouted, “It is messenger of Allah—bring the h

This is the format that you should use to send your work in. I have not included formatting--but you should--as the above is exactly 13 lines--if yours is longer it may get cut.

• I will post the competition is closed and voting can commence. If you enter you are expected to vote. People who enter and don’t vote twice in row may have ‘NON-VOTER, DON’T VOTE FOR THIS’ next to their next entry at the committee’s discretion--past good behaviour maybe taken into account. Critting, although useful, is not required, but you are expected to identify a first, second and third, and best title.

1) Doctor
2) Tiergan
3) illiterate
4) skadder.
5) Annepin.
6) JustInProse
7) Unwritten

o Copy the above and add your name to the list if you wish to write a synopsis, however pay attention to point one above and try to get something ready at least a week earlier.

All comments welcome for the next 24 hours. VPs are encouraged to re-write this if they can do it better!

skadder
Member # 6757

I have recieved a reserve synopsis from one of my VPs--if I don't hear from Doctor, I will knock him back to next week (coming Friday to provide me one by).

Can synopsis writers ensure they send me their synopsis the Friday before they are due up. This allows time to get someone else to step if you don't.

skadder
Member # 6757

What do people think about the 'NON-VOTER--DON'T VOTE FOR THIS' thing I stuck in?

I just figured it would be annoying to have your entry--which may have been really good--not get a single vote or comment. I also think if this is done, the author is not to be revealed at the end--no point embarrassing them.

VP's are to help identifying offenders and email me.

Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
I hereby officially give the president and committee permission to cut any submission to 13 lines if it is longer than the official 13-line template as proposed and posted in the "How to tell if it's exactly 13 lines" topic .

This is to forestall any complaints about submission cutting that participants may feel inclined to make.

signed,
SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED

(or, as Mammy Yokum used to say--yeah, I know, this REALLY dates me--"Ah has spoken!")

Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snapper
Member # 7299

Hey Pres,

Alienskin does a wall of shame. Anyone that doesn't follow the guidelines gets placed on it and why. It would work something like this.

Sassypin

Entered contest but didn't vote

Scabdirt

Didn't follow synopsis

Immaculate Blowhard

Didn't follow proper formatting rules (3rd offence)

Adjustingpose

Has trouble counting to 13

What do you think? Will this work or is this too much trouble?

JustInProse
Member # 7872

I like it. This is much better than what we had before.

And snapper, isn't it cool how many names can be made that include justin!

Like...readjustinprose...

It can be Re-adjustin' Prose, or Read Justin Prose.

skadder
Member # 6757

Hey, I was being creative!

Ship’s Rules:

Example:

skadder (my hatrack nickname)

Entry # (Committee will fill in number)

Title: The Wrathful Gaze of Allah

The scout’s hand shook as he pointed to the dune. “It lies on the other side, my Lord.”
Caliph Abu Bakr eyed the dune. The cool evening breeze plucked at his robes. Yes, let’s see. He began to walk up the hot sand.
“Caliph, you must not go—it could be a desert djinn.”
“Perhaps.” Abu Bakr turned to grin at the shivering guard. “If Allah wills it so--but Allah put it here, so I will look.”
As he crested the dune he gasped. Before him, half buried in molten, glowing sand, lay a vast metal structure. To one side lay a winged creature with a body like a man. It was totally covered in intricate armour and a single crystal was set in its helm. An angel--a dead one. Then it stirred.
“Quick,” Abu Bakr shouted, “It is messenger of Allah—bring the h

This is the format that you should use to send your work in. I have not included formatting--but you should--as the above is exactly 13 lines--if yours is longer it may get cut.

• I will post the competition is closed and voting can commence. If you enter you are expected to vote. People who enter and don’t vote will be mocked in a 'Walked the Plank' thread. Critting, although useful, is not required, but you are expected to identify a first, second and third, and best title.

1) Doctor
2) Tiergan
3) illiterate
4) skadder.
5) Annepin.
6) JustInProse
7) Unwritten

All comments welcome for the next 20 hours. VPs are encouraged to re-write this if they can do it better!

[This message has been edited by skadder (edited June 08, 2008).]

snapper
Member # 7299

quote:
And snapper, isn't it cool how many names can be made that include justin!

Oh just to clarify. Any fictious names I chose that have any resemblence to any actual hatrackers is purely coincidental.

Patrick James
Member # 7847

- posted      Profile for Patrick James   Email Patrick James         Edit/Delete Post 
Coincidental?
Right...

Posts: 604 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick James
Member # 7847

Hey!
Did anybody just see that flying pig go by?

InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

No...but I dodged its droppings--they're hard to miss![<--Appropriate place for an exclamation mark.]
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
I believe the operative term in this case is "co-inky-dinkal."
Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skadder
Member # 6757

Kinky-dinkal? Is that something I should know about?
illiterate
Member # 7997

- posted      Profile for illiterate   Email illiterate         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry guys, was out sick a few days so I missed the last entry deadline......two things-

I being the outstanding, tax-paying, non-biased voter that I am, although not running for politics at this time, do support the unilateral party decisions that govern this body. As to non-voters, I also agree they are automatically entered into "The Database of Doom", and made to walk the plank as mentioned

2- JustinProse and I have switched places, and the new SynWit list is :

1) Doctor
2) Tiergan
3) JustinProse
4) skadder.
5) Annepin.
6) illiterate
7) Unwritten

Posts: 52 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tiergan
Member # 7852

- posted      Profile for Tiergan   Email Tiergan         Edit/Delete Post 
Skadder, Mr. President sir, and reigning Capt Hook,

I wanted to give you a heads up, I sent you my synopsis today. So let me know if you didn't get it.

Posts: 1168 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor
Member # 7736

Wow you're on the ball, I just barely sent him mine yesterday or the day before. Oh and a disclaimer: the character described in my synopsis is NOT me, lol, this isn't some "cry for help," or something lame like that. It's meant to be a humorous/dark piece, for us to have some fun with .
skadder
Member # 6757

Yup--have got both.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.