Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Writing Challenges » A New Vice-President, please.

Author Topic: A New Vice-President, please.
skadder
Member # 6757

- posted      Profile for skadder   Email skadder         Edit/Delete Post 
I reckon I need another vice-president to help spread the workload.

The new vice-president would hold the title of Vice-President of Monsters and Demons.

Could people please put their names forward. You will need to be able to preside over the competition and stick to approximate timings, according to your own time-zone.

We need help to keep the competition running. We also need synopsis writers or the competition will die.

So names please.

Posts: 2995 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annepin
Member # 5952

- posted      Profile for annepin   Email annepin         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not nominating myself for V-P (I'm too much of a softie!) but I wouldn't mind cranking out synopses on a regular basis. You could always bump mine if someone new comes along wanting to write one.
Posts: 2185 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skadder
Member # 6757

How about a part-time Vice-President of Monsters and Demons? All you will need to do is preside over the competition every so often for a week.

With regards to synopsis writing I will bear you in mind--have you done the one due to me for his Friday? Don't forget you have to send it a week early. I am harping on, I know!

Posts: 2995 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wolfe_boy
Member # 5456

- posted      Profile for Wolfe_boy   Email Wolfe_boy         Edit/Delete Post 
Tack me on the list of synopsis writers. But not VP unless your need becomes dire - I'm scheduling challenged.

Jayson Merryfield

Posts: 733 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annepin
Member # 5952

- posted      Profile for annepin   Email annepin         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
With regards to synopsis writing I will bear you in mind--have you done the one due to me for his Friday? Don't forget you have to send it a week early. I am harping on, I know!

Did I misunderstand? I thought the deadline for me was Friday. Either way, I'm working on it now and will have it to you shortly. I'm not sure I'm the best synopsis writer--my stuff tends to want to be novel-length, but I'm finding it a valuable learning experience.

Yes, I guess I could be part time VP, if no one else comes forward. I suppose i can be a hard ass. I will be gone next week, though, without internet access *0* so I won't be able to start right away. I will return on July 4 or thereabouts.

[This message has been edited by annepin (edited June 24, 2008).]

[This message has been edited by annepin (edited June 24, 2008).]

Posts: 2185 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skadder
Member # 6757

Yup, a week early.

Justin Prose didn't forward one in time so we were all bumped up the list. My synopsis is up this Friday, yours is up a week on Friday and therefore due to me this Friday--and I have received it, so thanks.

I will accept your offer of part-time VP if there are no takers for the full-time position, but my Presidency will come to an end soon and I will resign (in about 4 weeks--I am off to Turkey for two weeks so it seems ideal time to go.). I then need to hand this over to a VP and they become President and a new VP steps in to fill their shoes. While I am happy to preside again in a couple of months (perhaps as a VP for one month first)I cannot do it all the time as it does encroach on the amount of time I have to write and as there is no paycheck (it's all about money) for doing this (except Hatrack's undying gratitude) I am not going to do it forever.

The point is that unless people are willing to step up and preside over the competition with the President managing things (and presiding too) the competition WILL DIE. All it requires is that for 10 days you manage to:

a) Post the synopsis on Thursday night/Friday Morning, specifying the timezone you will be using (doesn't have to be yours--just whatever is convenient for you).

b) Receive the entries, log the details in a spreadsheet I will send you, post entries once a day between Monday and Thursday midnight(ish).

c) Close the competition and open the voting Thursday midnight(ish) by posting that fact after the entries.

d) When people vote fill in the spreadsheet with the scores (it tots up the scores for you).

e) Close voting on Monday midnight(ish) and publish the results.

f) Publish on the Roll of honour and Ship's Punishment (non-voters).

g) Breathe a sigh of relief you aren't the president.

If you want to write a synopsis PUT YOUR NAMES ON THE LIST please, as we are getting low. See the current thread for week 12 prompt.

[This message has been edited by skadder (edited June 24, 2008).]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.