Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Writing Challenges » Your best story. Pitch it! ENTRIES

Author Topic: Your best story. Pitch it! ENTRIES
History
Member # 9213

- posted      Profile for History   Email History         Edit/Delete Post 
See "Your best story. Pitch it! Discussion" Thread for details and discussion.

Provide a one sentence elevator pitch of what you believe is your best completed story.

Deadline: Wednesday NOV 14th 6PM EST

Respectfully,
Dr. Bob

Posts: 1475 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
axeminister
Member # 8991

- posted      Profile for axeminister   Email axeminister         Edit/Delete Post 
A homicide detective reluctantly teams with a psychology student to track a serial killer, whose recently deceased mother has given him freedom to kill.
Posts: 1543 | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post 
When they sail to that part of the map labeled "Here be dragons", Astrid must use her gift for telling the right story at the right time to help her people find a new home.
Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brendan
Member # 6044

- posted      Profile for Brendan   Email Brendan         Edit/Delete Post 
When a devotion virus takes over a shopping mall, it falls to a security guard suffering from Alzheimer’s to prevent it spreading into the entire country.
Posts: 789 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
telflonmail
Member # 9501

- posted      Profile for telflonmail   Email telflonmail         Edit/Delete Post 
Who said the man of your dreams had to be human when an alien model is just a portal away?
Posts: 116 | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rcmann
Member # 9757

- posted      Profile for rcmann   Email rcmann         Edit/Delete Post 
When times are hard, there are some doors a wolf would do well to avoid.

[ November 08, 2012, 01:49 PM: Message edited by: rcmann ]

Posts: 884 | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
History
Member # 9213

Oppressed by his past, a rabbi must solve a series of arcane murders before a demon composed of their dead remains brings Hell to Earth.
Posts: 1475 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Owasm
Member # 8501

- posted      Profile for Owasm   Email Owasm         Edit/Delete Post 
What's a girl to do when she holds the greatest magical power on her world and absolutely no ability to use it, while those who can are actively seeking her death.
Posts: 1608 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Owasm
Member # 8501

- posted      Profile for Owasm   Email Owasm         Edit/Delete Post 
This one doesn't count, but it may be the most effective elevator pitch of them all:

I want you to buy my book, but if you don't, this gun poking in your side will have it's trigger pulled.

Posts: 1608 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AndrewR
Member # 1563

- posted      Profile for AndrewR   Email AndrewR         Edit/Delete Post 
This one I wrote with my wife:

A couple desperately looks for a pre-owned home on a planet full of different types of aliens.

Posts: 180 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
phule1970
Member # 9944

- posted      Profile for phule1970   Email phule1970         Edit/Delete Post 
To save his daughter he will have to brave a unpredictable magical region where chaotic forces threaten to destroy the fabric of the world.
Posts: 13 | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rabirch
Member # 9832

- posted      Profile for rabirch   Email rabirch         Edit/Delete Post 
An old woman, dying of a fever that has left her the last of her tribe, has one last wish--to meet her grandson before she dies--but, with the help of Raven, discovers she must make the painful decision to pass on before her family arrives, or risk spreading the contagion.
Posts: 248 | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattLeo
Member # 9331

- posted      Profile for MattLeo   Email MattLeo         Edit/Delete Post 
An irascible space captain always manages to give her gregarious ex-husband the slip, but this time he's coming for her with something she desperately needs: a job.

[ November 14, 2012, 05:56 PM: Message edited by: MattLeo ]

Posts: 1459 | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
History
Member # 9213

And...ding! ding! ding! ding!
The candidate entry deadline has passed.
On to the:

Primary Vote (*You must have entered to vote): Email me (address on link above or rfinegold@rsmaine.com) your three favorites candidates (excluding your own of course [Smile] ).

Any entrants who fail to submit their votes by the deadline will become ineligible.
Deadline: Wednesday 21 NOV 6PM.

You may also send me your critiques of the ten fine upstanding entries. I'll post the three finalists and all received critiques on or after Thanksgiving. Even earlier if our ten candidates do their civic duty before then.

Respectfully,
Dr. Bob

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.