Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Grist for the Mill » Are Pics Okay?

Author Topic: Are Pics Okay?
Crystal Stevens
Member # 8006

- posted      Profile for Crystal Stevens   Email Crystal Stevens         Edit/Delete Post 
I've always wondered since I've been on Hatrack if it's okay to post pics. I realize this is a writer's forum, but I have several I believe some of the members would like to see. Wouldn't it be great to have a face to put with the names of some of the Hatrack regulars? I won't do this without permission, but I'm more than willing to get the ball rolling.

So, what say you fellow members? Kathleen?

Posts: 1320 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zero
Member # 3619

- posted      Profile for Zero           Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck getting the forum to understand the picture. This is an old format, it will probably just see the embedded file as gibberish.
Posts: 2195 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zero
Member # 3619

- posted      Profile for Zero           Edit/Delete Post 
That aside, I would be in favor of it. If it somehow came to a vote.
Posts: 2195 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick James
Member # 7847

- posted      Profile for Patrick James   Email Patrick James         Edit/Delete Post 
I have never belonged to another forum, nor do I belong to one other than this one. I have never been attracted to another. Maybe, changing this one is not such a good idea.

That said, I am in favor of photos--though, I might not be able to furnish a photo of myself. My face is harsh enough to stop cameras from working before a photo can be taken.

Posts: 604 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rommel Fenrir Wolf II
Member # 4199

- posted      Profile for Rommel Fenrir Wolf II   Email Rommel Fenrir Wolf II         Edit/Delete Post 
to tell the truth i am all for it myself as long as hatrack dosent go a under extream make over. i kind of like the look of the sight compaired to other sights i go to. ex Myspace, hotmail (i am getting realy tired of them changing the look all the time. it is like i am just getting use to a new hotmail layout and they go update everyaccount with out the concent of the user.)

RFW2nd

Posts: 856 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BenM
Member # 8329

- posted      Profile for BenM   Email BenM         Edit/Delete Post 
Not having pics here is actually kind of refreshing compared to life on other forums; some folks tend to overdo the images and you end up with large glaring signatures and so on that really distract from the text. Since we're particularly interested in written communication I'd expect many readers to be annoyed by it.

But I can't see there would be anything wrong with going to a site like http://imageshack.us, uploading your pic, and then posting a link to it here. It makes looking at the picture optional and unobtrusive.

My newbie 2c.

[This message has been edited by BenM (edited November 25, 2008).]

Posts: 921 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
So far as I know, this forum isn't set up for photos.

BenM's idea would work, though, or people could post their blog URLs or website URLs, if they have photos there, and want others to know how they look.

Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WouldBe
Member # 5682

- posted      Profile for WouldBe   Email WouldBe         Edit/Delete Post 
code:

A little off topic, but UBB images are turned off, but if one "tab image" could be enabled without opening up all other images, we could have tabs in our posts.

Posts: 746 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
I wouldn't want to add anything that added to the time it takes to load these pages...
Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crystal Stevens
Member # 8006

- posted      Profile for Crystal Stevens   Email Crystal Stevens         Edit/Delete Post 
What I had in mind was posting a link. For Pete's sake, don't go changing to entire forum just so we can post pics. I like it just the way it is.

I use Photo Bucket myself because it's possible to post pics from there on another forum I'm on. I just thought you folks might like to see a few pics of me and my four-legged daughter. Here's one of my favorites on a trail ride in Hoosier National Forest in southern IN:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/GKredhawk/100_0554.jpg

I've talked about my Foundation Appaloosa mare several times when welcoming new members. Now you can see her for real. Her name is Terra and I've had her for 9 1/2 years. Too bad that ugly old woman on her back spoiled the picture .

I have a couple more if anyone is interested. If not, I'll stop while I'm ahead .

[This message has been edited by Crystal Stevens (edited November 26, 2008).]

Posts: 1320 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LAJD
Member # 8070

- posted      Profile for LAJD   Email LAJD         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Crystal,

Your horse is lovely. I once had a foundation Appaloosa mare, and I miss her.

Pics are nice. And who is that hot chick riding her?

Leslie

[This message has been edited by LAJD (edited November 29, 2008).]

Posts: 391 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick James
Member # 7847

- posted      Profile for Patrick James   Email Patrick James         Edit/Delete Post 
Crystal Stevens said of a picture of her horse:
quote:
Too bad that ugly old woman on her back spoiled the picture .

My photos are spoiled by the same thing, Stevens... and I wish my mother would stop followeing me around. Hehe.

No my photos are plagued with an ugly young man who needs a shave.

[This message has been edited by Patrick James (edited November 29, 2008).]

Posts: 604 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

- posted      Profile for InarticulateBabbler   Email InarticulateBabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm smart enough to take may pictures--so the ones of me are to dark to really distinguish (and rare).
Posts: 3687 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tempest
Member # 8242

- posted      Profile for tempest   Email tempest         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm the one with the camera in our family too. Not many pics of me survive and those that do are under my strict control.

Crystal- great picture! I like the idea of the optional link. Its really interesting to me to see and read more about the people here.

Patrick J.- thanks for a good daily laugh, again. You're extending my life span.

Posts: 171 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.