Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Grist for the Mill » Book Crossing

Author Topic: Book Crossing
EP Kaplan
Member # 5688

- posted      Profile for EP Kaplan   Email EP Kaplan         Edit/Delete Post 
I had heard of BookCrossing.com, the site that encourages people to share books by leaving them out in the open with instructions to "pay it forward" by then leaving the book for another to find, but yesterday at the mechanic's I actually came across a book crossing book, actually an audiobook, in the form of Mario Puzo's Omerta. Anyone else ever find a Book Crossing book?

I'm a Puzo semi-fan. His stories are cool, but his writing can sometimes leave a bit to be desired. The Godfather was, after all, much better in film than in print. Anyone ever read Omerta?

Posts: 180 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyre Dynasty
Member # 1947

- posted      Profile for Pyre Dynasty   Email Pyre Dynasty         Edit/Delete Post 
There isn't much bookcrossing going on here, but there is an abused take a book leave a book rack at school. I got Charlton Heston's journal from that and it's quite interesting. Sometimes I get the bug to fill it up with cheap second hand books, it's usually mainly empty the next day. (They even grabbed the owners manual to a calculator that I put there as a joke.)
Posts: 1895 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post 

I finally have a comment for this thread.

http://tinyurl.com/3e9fcsu

They are doing this idea in Germany. From the picture there are bookshelves on street corners where people can exchange books. The shelves do not seem all that rain proof but maybe they do better than it looks like.

Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EVOC
Member # 9381

- posted      Profile for EVOC   Email EVOC         Edit/Delete Post 
The hospital I used to work at had one. I never found anything I like to read there but it was widely popular with the nurses.
Posts: 725 | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.