Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Grist for the Mill » Lutheran Hospital's Treehouse

Author Topic: Lutheran Hospital's Treehouse
Crystal Stevens
Member # 8006

- posted      Profile for Crystal Stevens   Email Crystal Stevens         Edit/Delete Post 
I keep forgetting to mention about the treehouse I saw at the hospital where Dad is staying. It's just past the main lobby with the tree running from the first floor to the second and made me think of our Hatrack treehouse.

The one at the hospital is actually a disguised elevator for children to go to pediatrics on the second floor. The trunk is huge enough to contain the elevator shaft. Adults can ride it too, though I never did. (If I get the chance, I'll ride it the next time I'm there.). The treehouse sits with branches all around it on the secend floor, and guests come out its door to exit the elevator. The treehouse is bright yellow with a red door, red roof, and red trim around the windows. One branch is a couple feet above the second floor's floor with a bird's nest containing two or three babies, or so I've been told, with the hallway painted to resemble a stream like you'd see in a forest.

I felt like I was seeing the Hatrack treehouse for real, and I bet the children, patients and visitors alike, just love it.

Posts: 1320 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Josephine Kait
Member # 8157

- posted      Profile for Josephine Kait   Email Josephine Kait         Edit/Delete Post 
That's so cool!
Posts: 456 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.