Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Character Interviews » Hi, I'm Liz

Author Topic: Hi, I'm Liz
LAJD
Member # 8070

- posted      Profile for LAJD   Email LAJD         Edit/Delete Post 
I am 15 and a sophomore in high school. Up until last week things were pretty normal. I lived with my Mom and went to high school. Just the usual stuff.

Last week I fried my computer by just touching it. I mean I really fried it. With fire, out of my fingers. That wasn't cool, but I did get a new computer out of the deal. 8)

The cool thing is, I can make fire out of my hands. I can juggle it and throw it at things, and yes they do catch fire. I found that out when I set a small grass fire. Oops.

The really wild thing is that I am not the only freak I know! Yesterday in PE, my best friend turned into Maria Sharapova while we were playing tennis. She wiped the court with me, of course. Sigh.

Yeah, my life has taken a turn for the bizarre! I wonder if I should take up smoking?

Posts: 391 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
?
Member # 8177

- posted      Profile for ?   Email ?         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Liz,

How long have you had this power?

Have you ever hurt anyone on accident with it?

How many people know of your power?

Posts: 16 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reagansgame
Member # 8149

- posted      Profile for Reagansgame   Email Reagansgame         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Liz!

Smoking is bad! Wow, a teenage girl who shoots fire.

Is there a trigger for this or is it completely random? Do you have to say something or do something or feel something?

Does your mom know? do any of the grown-ups know you're playing with fire?

What kind of circles do you run in at school? What kind of grades do you make? Does you fire-starting interfere with your social life?

What's the last movie you went to?

Posts: 243 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tchernabyelo
Member # 2651

- posted      Profile for tchernabyelo   Email tchernabyelo         Edit/Delete Post 
Do you read superhero comics?

Did you get Maria's autograph?

Posts: 1469 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annepin
Member # 5952

- posted      Profile for annepin   Email annepin         Edit/Delete Post 
Ouch! How/ when did you discover this power?

How many other kids in your school have powers? Are you all freaks? What do others think of you?

What do you plan to do about this?

Posts: 2185 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shimiqua
Member # 7760

- posted      Profile for shimiqua   Email shimiqua         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Liz,
So what are the limit to these freaking awesome powers? Can you make fire whenever you want?

What is going to stop you and your best friend from taking over the world? I mean besides terrorism.

And is it a coincidence that you and your best friend got powers at the same time? Did you run into any mutant Spiders?

Are you the only ones in the world who have abilities?

Are your abilities helping or hindering your love life?

~Sheena

Posts: 1201 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LAJD
Member # 8070

Wow! You guys sure have a lot of questions!

This fire stuff is all new to me. I'm not sure what all I can do with it, but I know that I can juggle it from finger tip to finger tip. That's pretty fun. To make it start all I have to do think about sparks. It's kind of like I'm a big lighter and I have to flick it on. That's how my computer got fried. I was pissed at my friend Grace, and I hit the enter key. Zap!

I've never really hurt anyone with it. Or on purpose anyway. The zappy thing is kind of hard to control. I guess its like I am real staticky.

Hmm, Lets see. I am a pretty good student. Well, not bad anyway. I am pretty popular. I nearly beat out Hannah Everett last year for Homecoming queen and I was only a freshman.

Well, gotta run.
bye

Posts: 391 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LAJD
Member # 8070

Hi.
I thought about your questions some more. I don't really have a boyfriend. My Mom won't let me. See, I'm all she has. My Dad died when I was a kid. She's pretty careful about who I see and what I do. When she found out about Homecoming last year, she was pretty mad. And then she was OK when I lost. What's with that? Shouldn't she want me to win? Also my friends Dave and Grace were also shocked when I was nominated. Huh, Whatever! I'm pretty enough. But I lost. Oh well. It was kind of cool to be popular for awhile.

Hmmm...last movie. I guess it was Dark Knight. It was kind of sad though since Heath Ledger is dead. I also liked the Saw movies, too. Ewww, but they had these impossible choices...

I guess I am worried about the firestarting. It's fun and I can see that it could be useful. But (shivver) what if I fry my Mom? What if I set a forest fire or burn my homework? What if someone finds out? Grace and David grew up like this, freaks I mean. I guess their whole families are freaks. They're not really talking to me about this a lot yet. Yeah, I know who are *they* to be shocked!

I hope they'll tell me more about them and their families. This is all so new and weird. It's nice to know that there are other freaks out there Now that they know, will they tell their parents? Should I tell my Mom? She thought Homecoming was extreme! She's so protective.

Now I have this fire-thing. I think it's much cooler than Homecoming Queen. Excerpt for, well fire is destructive. Oh well.

I think you are right about the smoking that really is not cool! But I gotta do something with this. I think I will google some careers in demolition or firework displays, that might be fun! Although maybe a firestarter around explosives is a bad idea. Wasn't there some guy who put out oil well fires with more fire?

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.