Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Character Interviews » Krevlain

Author Topic: Krevlain
Bent Tree
Member # 7777

- posted      Profile for Bent Tree   Email Bent Tree         Edit/Delete Post 
Prophesies...hmph!I suppose an oracle somewhere has forseen this very conversation!

Our Dark Lady has seen my demise. I can sense she is witholding this to serve her own purposes. Yes, even the mighty Krevlain, the osteomancer is a puppet. Yet I know, as she does that while the past is certain, the future is fluid as the blood which spills from every living thing. It can be shaped.

"Beware the Nimble hand and the snake!" she warns. Beware the osteomancer, Nericima, my lady. I will chew their bones and draw from them the power I need to destroy you. And I shall be a puppet no more.

But yes, The boy does interest me deeply. A child hero--a prophet-- such a heart moving notion. But, he is the child of one familiar to me. I wear what is left of his skeleton around my neck. Its--his power has served me well. If this child has even a fraction of the magic as his Sire, well what a trophy that would be.

I will visit the blind man and see for myself your prophesy. Take me for a fool, mistress and it could be your end.
*soliloquy*

[This message has been edited by Bent Tree (edited November 26, 2008).]

Posts: 1888 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
micmcd
Member # 7977

- posted      Profile for micmcd   Email micmcd         Edit/Delete Post 
Do you believe her prophesies, or do you intend to thwart them? Can such a thing even be done - of a real prophesy? Is the Dark Lady a real prophet?
Posts: 500 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bent Tree
Member # 7777

- posted      Profile for Bent Tree   Email Bent Tree         Edit/Delete Post 
Her prophecies are seen through the eyes of her master...her goddess, Taksilla.

I have in my employ, a seer of my own. The bind man sees only the river of time and heartfires of men. I have used his services before,as he is one of the most important bone collectors. His ability to see the magic fires in the souls of all men is advantageous, and his ability to offer me my own view into the river of the time serves me well, for he, unlike the Dark Lady, has no agenda agaist me.

But, yes...yes I can prevail. As I mentioned, While the past is certain, the future flows like living blood and it can be altered...For those with the guile to take charge and forge their own destinies.

Posts: 1888 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.