Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Character Interviews » Connor (age 16)

Author Topic: Connor (age 16)
Zoe2
Member # 8391

- posted      Profile for Zoe2           Edit/Delete Post 
Hi! My name is Connor and I am a 16 year old Prince. I am no ordinary Prince though, I am a wizard. I have a brother who is called Brendan ( 14) and a sister called Niamh ( 12 ). My story is a complex one but I hope you can give me lots of help. I need it. For you see I have to fight 2 naughty people. The first is my father `s enemy Fiachna who has been trying to take over my father `s catle and lands for years but without any success. The second is a wizard called Venator. He comes from a distant land.

The story goes like this. I am quiet good with divination. I can tell what is about to happen from my dreams. It scares me sometimes. I wake up sweating. One day I overhear a conversation between my father and the messenger. Fiachna is to attack again. Don `t know when but I know I haven` t got much time. I told my other siblings and they agreed to help me fight off Fiachna. We were out practising in the nearby wood when we overheard some voices. As we got closer we could hear Fiachna telling the main of how to disable the spells that my father has used to protect the castle. How did he know how to break the spells that my father has been using for year? We soon found out. He traded his life with Venator to break the protective charms. So that is how? Now we are going to fight two men and we are a little scared but this fight is going to safe my father `s castle.

We got a long journey ahead of us before we even defeat Venator. Our journey takes us across snow caped mountains, a sea where there is an island which we have to avoid for if we don`t we will be trapped on there forever by the fairies. Forest where a Unicorn lives and a troll who lives in a wood and is bullying people from the nearby town.

We also stay overnight in a hilltop town. I also forgot to mention that I have three tasks to complete because you see I am not good with casting spells I need supervision. Sometimes I can do them on my own and sometimes I cannot. So these tasks that where given to me by an Orcale ( who just happened to be my grandfather ) are to really help me gain confidence. The last is a difficult one for I retrieve a flower from a cliff `s edge near a waterfall. While doing that however I was caught off guard because my two siblings where captured and taken to Venator.I have another task to complete.

Posts: 5 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyraxis
Member # 7990

- posted      Profile for Pyraxis   Email Pyraxis         Edit/Delete Post 
Naughty people? What did they do, steal the cookies?

Sorry. I know that was kind of rude.

What kind of help do you want? I don't know much about divination.

How come you guys are fighting Venator and Fiachna on your own? You said they haven't been able to take your father's castle. What can you do to stop them?

And how come you have to journey over snow-capped mountains to do it? Won't these two guys be attacking as soon as they can, before your father figures out they can break the spells?

- Fiona

Posts: 188 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zoe2
Member # 8391

Yes, our father does figure out that Fiachna knows how to break his spells and he does also know that we have gone to Venator to destory him. Which he is very angry about. He has sent some of his men to go after us.To bring us back. The reason why I have gone to the snow caped mountains with my siblings is because we took the wrong path and there was no way back. We were misled.

Divination is a kind of fourtune telling. There are different methods one of which you might know is the crystal ball. My sister Niamh uses that.

Brendan does not have a gift of divination but he can cast spells better than me. I have to work that little bit harder. Infact Niamh is also better than me and Brendan. She is a clever little witch. But I must say she is quiet bossy at times (ssshh don`t tell anyone I said that will you?)

I though, can be quiet stuuborn. Tend to storm off in a huff if people are trying to help me, when all I wanted is to try out a spell for myself.I know they mean well but like to do it on my own if you know what I mean?

Brendan is the quiet type and is thoughtfull towards others.

Posts: 5 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shimiqua
Member # 7760

- posted      Profile for shimiqua   Email shimiqua         Edit/Delete Post 
Connor,
You sound kinda like me. I have a brother and a sister, and they both are gone, too. But i am not a prince. What makes being a prince diferent than being a kid? Do you have people following you all around? Do people not want you to go on your adventures?
Aren't their other people, who aren't royalty, who could do what you are doing? Maybe some guards or someone?
Do lots of people have magic?

Love, Caleb (age five and a half)

Posts: 1201 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zoe2
Member # 8391

Yes, we have a governess looking after us. She follows us making sure we don`t go to far. Which is annoying because I really want to go on adventures. She won`t let us and not even our parents. We musn`t go beyond the wood, which is towards the snow caped mountains.

Yes, there are people who are not royalty. These people live in nearby hilltop villages and towns.We have gaurds to and knights.

Our whole world is magic. Everyone can do some magic of somesort.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.