Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Character Interviews » Emily, a shapeshifter (sort of)

Author Topic: Emily, a shapeshifter (sort of)
Yufae
Member # 8346

- posted      Profile for Yufae   Email Yufae         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm Emily. I'm fifteen. The worst thing that could possibly happen has happened. I have to take theater. Big deal, right? Except that it's hard enough to keep my face from changing when I'm sitting in class taking notes, let alone when I'm pretending to be someone else on stage. I'm a shapeshifter. I think. I don't know any others, so I'm not sure what to call it. I can't change into a werewolf or a duvet cover, only into other people.

No one knows. Except my mom, of course, and my mean big sister. And the neighbors. They've been our neighbors my whole life, and I wasn't very good at hiding my shapeshifting when I was a kid. The neighbors are Hawaiian, which makes them about the only interesting thing in Llano, Texas. Ipo, the oldest son, is seventeen, and mouth-watering. His brother, Manu, is my age, and his hobby is tormenting me.

My best friend is Nicole. We call her Cola, though Liar would be a better nickname for her. Cola doesn't know what I am, of course. If you have a secret, you don't tell Cola. If you have a wedgie, you don't tell Cola because before the end of Geometry class, everyone will be whispering about it. Why is she my best friend? Well, besides that one big secret, I don't have any others, which makes me the only person in our tiny school that Cola hasn't ticked off. Plus, talking to her is always interesting.

Ask me questions! Or give me advice. I don't quite know how to survive my school's nineteenth production of Fiddler on the Roof.

Posts: 33 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyraxis
Member # 7990

- posted      Profile for Pyraxis   Email Pyraxis         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Emily. I'm Pyraxis.

How come it's hard to stop your face from changing? Is it something you drift into when you're not thinking about it? It is something strong that sweeps over you and you can't stop it? How have you learned to control it better than you did when you were little?

Have you ever used this talent to trick anyone? Have you ever come really close to getting caught?

Do you imitate people's voices as well as their faces? What about body language, does it change instinctively or do you have to think about it?

Do you have any idea why you can shapeshift?

Posts: 188 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noele
Member # 8081

- posted      Profile for Noele   Email Noele         Edit/Delete Post 
How about your dad? I hope I'm not touching on a sensitive subject, but I noticed you didn't mention him. I bet your sister hates that you can do something that she can't. Have she or the neighbor kids ever tried to get you to use your powers for bad things?

19th? Wow! I'd say aim for a small role, maybe something you haven't seen taken in the movie. Don't watch the movie, you'll think about the actors when you perform! You know, sometimes backstage stuff works for drama credit too.

You might be setting yourself up for something terrible with a friend like Cola! Be careful!

Posts: 26 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.