Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Character Interviews » Adam

Author Topic: Adam
shimiqua
Member # 7760

- posted      Profile for shimiqua   Email shimiqua         Edit/Delete Post 
When I was born, the nurses tried to give me a shot, and the needles bent. My skin is like wicked weird, you know. I'm kind of everything weird in fact. Everything physical comes easy to me, thats all, I'm still human. And I didn't get zapped by cryptonight, and my parents aren't anything weird, like cyber something or nother.
Okay, so my parents are a little bit weird. My mom sings in the car everytime. Her favorite station is Radio Disney, and she know all the words to all of the Jonas Brothers songs. And she sings loud. She's everything loud. But, you know, at least she is always at everything. She goes to all of my games, football, and basketball, and all my swimming meets, and everything, She is always there. My dad says that she is only embarasing if I let her be, so I tend to sing along with her, and pretend that it doesn't bug me all over the surface of the earth.
My dad is a really wicked awesome defense attorney. He's my lawyer, too. He's defended me, and kept me out of the hands of the United States Government. I'm weird, but I'm not property. We work with the scientists though, I go in about once a month and they chart my progress, chart my abilities.
See, my skin is tough, and my bones are even stronger. I can't fly, I'm not Superman, but I can jump. Really high. Like higher than normal people can. Like eighteen feet is my record. Normal people can do that, but I don't use a large pole. And you can break my skin, you just need a bullet to do it. I've had scholarships to all the best schools, USC, Florida, the whole BCS, since I was seven, and there are scouts from like the NBA, and the NFL, in the pictures of my third birthday. I play full back, and I weigh 160.
I'm kind of a celebrity, here at St. Johns academy. My future looks bright, all the girls want me, and the guys are all glad I'm on there team. I'm popular, but I'm still different, you know? You wonder if people only want to be your friend cause of your genetic abnormality, not cause you're a nice, cool, good lookin kid.
There's this other girl who's different like me. Her names Chloe, and she wasn't always so lucky. She's a precog, she can see the future, and up till two years ago, she was property of the NSA. My dad though helped her, once he heard bout her. She goes to my school now. She's kind of fat.

Posts: 1201 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shimiqua
Member # 7760

Excuse me Adam Green?
You better shut your mouth. Fat? Well, you're a fat head, you super jerk.
You just make me so mad. You're just such a waste. Every future I see of you, your life is bright and shiney, but you never, NEVER, look at the people around you.
Do you know how much good you could do if you were a cop, or a marine, or had some semblence of duty and morality, and take these gifts you have and help people?
You only think of yourself. You only think about what you can see right in front of you. You have no vision.
Screw you.
~Chloe

[This message has been edited by shimiqua (edited January 13, 2009).]

Posts: 1201 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shimiqua
Member # 7760

This is about answering questions, Chloe.

So just to show how good I am at following directions, I will answer your questions.
First question:
Excuse me Adam Green?

Your excused Chloe. I know you haven't had the chance to socialize with civilized people, So I won't comment on the insults. Super Jerk? Original, haven't heard that one before, but fat head? Are you two?

Fat?

Just a little bit, mostly around the torso. I have some great ab workouts on tape if your interested.

Do you know... Blah blah blah... and help people?

Sure, I'm sure I can do lots of good to the people around me, and I probably will. Haven't you ever watched TV? The NFL cares, Chloe. They really do.
And I plan to do more in the future. I do, I want to be a good person and help people out, the way my dad does. It's just..
Look. My whole life, all these people have been training me, you know leading me on to this perfect life, that I want. I do want that future Chloe.

Is it a choice, really, to become what everyone wants you to be?
It's like my life is this conveyour belt leading me to be some kind of person that maybe I won't even like. Like what I just said was rude. I was a rude person just now, and I am sorry Chloe. I didn't think you would be on here, and I was trying to be honest. I'm sure that probably just hurt you feelings worse Chloe, and that sucks, and I'm sorry. But I am not doing this to insult you.
Just...get out of the way, and let normal people ask me some questions.
~Adam

[This message has been edited by shimiqua (edited January 12, 2009).]

[This message has been edited by shimiqua (edited January 13, 2009).]

satate
Member # 8082

- posted      Profile for satate   Email satate         Edit/Delete Post 
Excuse me Adam and Chloe,

Sheena you're the best. I just didn't see that coming and I laughed so hard when I saw you had you're characters talking to each other. Not that it was funny, I was just very entertained and was expecting the normal interview.

Sorry Adam, is it hard to be popular? Do feel pressure to perform, or is it so easy that there's no pressure. If it's easy do you get bored and want a challenge? Is sports your passion? What's your passion? What is about sports that you love? Is it the competition, or just that you're the best at it and get tons of positive attention?

Posts: 968 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shimiqua
Member # 7760

It's kind of hollow being popular. I don't know if that makes sense. Like the picture, is great, but that is all it is, just a picture. I'll tell you a secret. Those people, that everybody wants to be friends with, because they are just wicked awesome, are honestly kind of dull. Like there so afraid to do something people will think is dorky, so they don't do much of anything. Like the parties, that people are dying to go to, are just boring. Nothing like it is in the movies. Not that I know. I don't watch much movies, or read, nothing more than the occasional comic. I usually spend my time texting my friends, or shooting hoops.
Do I feel pressure? yes and no. Mostly I feel like a piece of steak, and everyone around me is starving. I mean, Yeah, I'd say that was pressure. But it's easy, you know, it's just who I am.
I'm the best, I have to be. I wasn't always a good shot, you know, I would just dunk the ball everytime, but there was this boy, a kind of cool dude named Jeremy. Well he had this amazing shot, he could shoot three pointers like he was two feet away. He's just got this great aim. Well it bugged me that he was better than me, cause it's who I am to be the best ever. So I worked at it. For months, maybe a year. And now, I would say I'm a better shot than he is.
It's not the attention, I would rather just be watched by say five people then thousands. The attention is the part I don't like, really. I'm just the best, you know, It's who I am. Its who I was born to be.
~Adam

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.