Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Character Interviews » Chloe

Author Topic: Chloe
shimiqua
Member # 7760

- posted      Profile for shimiqua   Email shimiqua         Edit/Delete Post 
Everything I say is monitered. Hell, everything you say is monitered, so that aint nothin weird. What is weird about me, is that there is a micriphone surgically attached in my cheek, and there is a fat balding guy, named Steve, who types everything I say, and gets paid 47,000 dollars a year to do it.
I'm a precog, which is a fancy way to say I see the future. I like precog, it's better than freak. The government took me sept 12 2001, which for me was worse than the day before. I offically became property of the NSA. George Bush got the credit for keeping the country safe from terrorists, but really that was me. And you're welcome.
So I live with my mom, who's a waitress, and we live mostly poor. My mom won't let me use what I do to make any money, She doesn't think its fair. But I say screw that, and I keep a stock portfolio, under my father's name.
My father is a loser. He left us when I was a baby, and I don't know where he is. Though maybe in the north east, maybe Portland. I don't see the present. But in all of his futures, it's cloudy and he dies. Usually of drugs, though once he died as a Senator. I don't know where that one came from.
The future always is changing. It's frustrating, let me tell you.
I'm not much for friends. It's hard to be friends with people when you can see how they die. Most everybody has a variation of the same future. They grow up, get fat, do some job they don't like, have kids, or don't, and then die usually from being fat.
People don't like that you can see them with vericose veins, even if you keep your mouth shut.
There's one future that's different than the rest. My lawyers son Adam. See, up till a year ago, he was going to get the Hiesman trophy, and retire from the NFL at 57, because he wanted to spend more time with his grandchildren. Then I tried to find his father, tried to make my way out of my hell of a life. I didn't see, but I changed his future. Stole it more like. See, he was going to fall in love with me, and those grandchildren where going to be mine. But then I met his father, and his future disapeared. So I started eating. Every pound brought back that future in shiney bits.
I'm okay with it though. Who would want to be with someone, who won't love you if your fat?
My future, hmmm. Me, I enlist in the Army, at seventeen. Within three years I am the head of the NSA, and at thirty, I become the secretary of defense. I never marry, never have children, I just keep America bright and shiney. Ain't that right Steve. (Wink, Wink.)
My future's none of your business.
But my present...Feel free to ask whatever you want.

[This message has been edited by shimiqua (edited January 12, 2009).]

[This message has been edited by shimiqua (edited January 12, 2009).]

Posts: 1201 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
satate
Member # 8082

- posted      Profile for satate   Email satate         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice to meet you Chloe. What your favorite movie? Do you like to read? Do you really have no friends? Surely there's someone your close to. How'd you meet Adam? How come gaining weight makes it more likely that Adam will fall in love with you?
Posts: 968 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shimiqua
Member # 7760

- posted      Profile for shimiqua   Email shimiqua         Edit/Delete Post 
What your favorite movie?
Oh man, you gonna make me choose just one. Choosing a favorite story, or movie is like if I made you choose your favorite child.
Oh, the four year old. I get it.
I love books and movies so much. Do you know what it is like for me to read a story I don't know the ending of? It's like a vacation from my life. Honestly. My favorites are the classics mostly. I love everything Austen, and Tess of the Derbivilles.
For movies, I guess my favorites would also be considered classics, at least to me. Ferris Buellers Day Off, it's perfection. I also love Suburban Commando, with Hulk Hogan.

Do I have friends? Currently , no. I'm going to have friends though. Lots of them. In about six months, some serious stuff is going to happen here at St. Johns, and I'm going to get more friends than I'm gonna know how to deal with.

I was supposed to meet Adam when I was twenty three, and we worked together to umm... prevent something from happening. Sorry Steve. I won't breach confidentiality.

But instead, I messed up and emailed Mr Green. I was fourteen, and I guess he needed those nine years, cause I don't remember him being so annoying when I am twenty three. We met in court, his dad was negotiating my release, and Adam was there.

How come gaining weight makes it more likely that Adam will fall in love with you?
Sorry chickedee, you got that one dead wrong. Not your fault, I was unclear. But see, this is what happened. So I emailed Mr. Green, which put in motion my freedom, and also the too early meeting with Adam. When the vison gets to the point where I met him, it leads to his death. I don't know what happens to him. I'm not there when it happens, it's not in any of my futures, and I don't know why I can't see it. That has never happened to me before.
Anyway, so when I realized that meeting me too early would cause him to die, it stressed me out, so I ate too much, and a tiny bit of his future comes back, only it wasn't me in there with him. Its some lame gorgeus floozy who gets to have my grandchildren.
When I realized that I shaved my head.
See, Adam is the kind of guy that falls in love with the looks before anything substantial. He's that kind of loser.
So I make myself unattractive, so he won't fall in love with me, and then he can live.
The ungrateful b... sorry steve. He hates when I swear.
~Chloe

[This message has been edited by shimiqua (edited January 13, 2009).]

Posts: 1201 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.