Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Character Interviews » Gadzooks - Ship's Pilot - Lucius Cardigan

Author Topic: Gadzooks - Ship's Pilot - Lucius Cardigan
genevive42
Member # 8714

- posted      Profile for genevive42   Email genevive42         Edit/Delete Post 
The pilot from the Zook has just entered the room. He is a brown skinned Earther and his black hair rises about a foot above his head. There is a fist-sized cavern sculpted in his hair with a small blue bird residing in it. The pilot is wearing a dark blue t-shirt featuring a variety of characters and creatures covering it completely and the style makes you think it’s hand-painted. His worn black pants are made of Earth-type denim and his shoes are black and blue with rubber soles. He steps up to your desk and extends his long-fingered hand.

“Hi, I’m Lucius Cardigan. It’s nice to meet you.” He sits down after shaking your hand. His demeanor is calm and relaxed, his tone soft. “I guess the Captain wants to get word out about our trip so we can pick up some jobs along the way. That was the deal. No single payment could cover our costs for traveling all the way across the galaxy. So we have a generous amount of time and can pick up other cargo. I saw the package we’re delivering anyway. It’s small. I have no idea what it is but I know the Captain wouldn’t accept anything that wasn’t safe.”
“So what is it that you want to know?”

Posts: 1993 | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ScardeyDog
Member # 8707

- posted      Profile for ScardeyDog   Email ScardeyDog         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Luc. Is it Ok if I call you Luc?

Well, I was just wondering, how much piloting experience do you have? Across the galaxy must be a long, dangerous trip. Is there anyone you're leaving behind? How do you feel about this journey?

Posts: 238 | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
genevive42
Member # 8714

- posted      Profile for genevive42   Email genevive42         Edit/Delete Post 
"Actually, I prefer Lucius. I mean, it's only two syllables." He smiles and shrugs.

"Anyway,I've been flying for about ten years. I was going to go to college but a friend taught me how to fly his ship and I loved it. Have a bit of a natural knack for it too. So I went to Flight School and I haven't set down roots since. Home is whatever ship I am on."

"As far as the trip, well, at least most of the space we'll be traveling through is populated. It's just rare for a single ship, especially a small one like the Zook, to make the journey solo. How do I feel about it?" He leans back and stares off for a moment. Then a sly smile creeps across his face. "I think it's going to be a great adventure. Okay, so I'm a little concerned about passing through the Maelstrom Spiral and I'm sure there'll be some tough times but I'm looking forward to it. Life will bring what it brings."

Posts: 1993 | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.