Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Character Interviews » Chelsea Barb from Choices

Author Topic: Chelsea Barb from Choices
Spencer Thurgood
Member # 8913

- posted      Profile for Spencer Thurgood   Email Spencer Thurgood         Edit/Delete Post 
Chelsea is average size with a slender build and flowing brown brown hair that comes roughly to the small of her back. She spends most of her time studying for her college classes on genetics and learning greater control over her manipulation of biology.

(Ask any questio you like, trying to get a better grip on her character so that I might advance her from the brainstorm state to actual short stories.)

Posts: 12 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corky
Member # 2714

- posted      Profile for Corky   Email Corky         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, two questions.

What does Chelsea want (as in why does she want to manipulate biology)?

What would really hurt her?

Posts: 603 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
genevive42
Member # 8714

- posted      Profile for genevive42   Email genevive42         Edit/Delete Post 
Chelsea, what abilities do you have? And what do you plan to do with them?
Posts: 1993 | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spencer Thurgood
Member # 8913

- posted      Profile for Spencer Thurgood   Email Spencer Thurgood         Edit/Delete Post 
To answer the first two questions:

Chelsea wants really only two things out of her life. She wants to live a normal life without her ability and she wants to be a genetic engineer.

If I understand the second question correctly, for somebody to dicover her ability would do the most damage to her world.

And in answer to the second set of questions:

I don't know much about my ability. What I do know is that I can some how manipulate the attributes of my body, even possibly going as far as to shapeshift into another person.

And I can also heal myself, though it would appear that I have to be aware of the injury and know how to heal it. I recently noticed I can do the same for other people though I hate when I do it as I have to feel the pain in order to understand what is causing it and how to fix it.

What do I plan to do with them? Get rid of them. They terrorify me when I do use them or rather the feeling of power terrorifies me. All I want to do with my life is be normal and not have to worry about making sure I wake up every morning looking the same way I did when I went to sleep.

Posts: 12 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
genevive42
Member # 8714

- posted      Profile for genevive42   Email genevive42         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't you think you could use your powers to do some good in the world? A lot of people could use your help.
Posts: 1993 | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bent Tree
Member # 7777

- posted      Profile for Bent Tree   Email Bent Tree         Edit/Delete Post 
Chelsea,

When did you first realize that you had this particular gift?
How does it make you feel? Do you feel isolated by your peers because of this or is it something that is easy to hide?
In what ways have you tried to understantd it better? Is this the reason that you study biology and genetics? what answers have you found? Is there anyone that has helped you along the way? is there someone in whom you confide? DO you have family? if so do they know about your gift? Do you consider it a gift or a curse? Do you try to make the most out of this ability or are you bothered by it?

Posts: 1888 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
macmicool
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
More than you fear or missunderstanding of power, what do you fear most in life. What were some of your childhood fears?

When you wake up looking different, what happens? Do you look totally different? Have you ever explored the vanity side of your abilities? You could be the envy of all women.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonM
Member # 9064

- posted      Profile for BrandonM   Email BrandonM         Edit/Delete Post 
Are you studying genetics to get a better understanding of what you might have. OOO! BETTER QUESTION! What do you REALLY want to do in life besides get rid of what you have?
Posts: 15 | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.