Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Character Interviews » My name?

Author Topic: My name?
MikeL
Member # 9138

- posted      Profile for MikeL   Email MikeL         Edit/Delete Post 
This is my first attempt. This is the main villan in my book who is behind the scenes.

-
-

The large room of the study was very dimly lit. Shadows conveniently obscured the mans face, revealing only a silhouette of his shoulders and head. A short wall stands in front between you and the man. Two guards with M16s standing like statues prevent anyone from venturing close.

"You asked my name eh? Well, that may be a bit difficult." the man says in a deep, methodical manor. "You see, just as I sit here in the dark so as not to reveal my appearance; I see no reason to give you a name the could grant you any power."

He crossed his legs at the ankle and set them on a low footrest. "I will tell you this, I have placed many people in high positions to guarantee that this great country of East America will not fall pray to meddling dissenters." He folds his hands across his lap calmly. His voice grew slightly soft. "I don't know why I have agreed to this interview, but it would be unwise to consider speaking of our meeting to the wrong ears. ...and I abhor having to deliver consequences." His voice grew light. "I prefer kind persuasion. Don't you?" He let the question sit.

"I am not a heinous man, but I must take precautions you see?" He offered. "I have talked too much, you have many questions...Please..." He lifts his right hand in gesture for you to begin.

[This message has been edited by MikeL (edited June 19, 2010).]

Posts: 154 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonM
Member # 9064

- posted      Profile for BrandonM   Email BrandonM         Edit/Delete Post 
What race are you? Also, do you see yourself as a terrorist?
Posts: 15 | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MikeL
Member # 9138

quote:
What race are you? Also, do you see yourself as a terrorist?

What race, eh? I have a small mix of races in me, but I do come from a line of Lords in the once Great Britain. My particular family heritage is not important. What is important is that I have taken up the goal and it has become my destiny to unite the people. The task, inevitably will cause some to dislike my methods, but no, I am no terrorist. Terrorists are brainwashed fools out to make a statement. I intend to make a change.

What we need is a new form of thinking, a new form of government. I can offer the leadership necessary without the fame to tarnish my desisions. Some will disagree, yes, but they will eventually learn to accept their state in life.

Posts: 154 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JSchuler
Member # 8970

- posted      Profile for JSchuler   Email JSchuler         Edit/Delete Post 
You've obviously been preparing this for a long time, thinking dozens of moves ahead of the rest of us. I can only assume you are an avid and gifted chess player. Tell me, what is your favored piece, and why?
Posts: 388 | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MikeL
Member # 9138

quote:
You've obviously been preparing this for a long time, thinking dozens of moves ahead of the rest of us. I can only assume you are an avid and gifted chess player. Tell me, what is your favored piece, and why?

"My favorite chess piece? Well now; this is much more the discussion of gentlemen. Please, have a seat, this interview has piqued my interest..."

A servant brings you a chair a motions for you to sit. A glass of water and some fancy cheese with crackers are brought out to you and set next to your chair. Another servant, brings him a tall glass of water. He reaches for the glass and takes a sip. He continues.

"That is a most interesting question, a very good one at that. While most people may choose the queen because of her obvious power, they forget that she is in the lime light. Each move she makes is guarded against. Even the rooks and bishops are to be watched with caution. The king is the target, so not among my favorite peices. The knight is excellent, but the pawn is the piece that will win or loose the game for each respective player."

He leans forward slightly.

"Think about it, how many nearly ignore the pawn. They forget the mastermind behind them. They think each a simple sacrificial peice, and yes, while they are to be sacrificed from time to time, they are what lay the foundation for the powerful pieces, and ultimately your goal of winning the game."

He leans back in his luxurious chair. "Would you care for a game?"

[This message has been edited by MikeL (edited July 14, 2010).]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.