Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Character Interviews » Euclid, interplanetary confidence woman

Author Topic: Euclid, interplanetary confidence woman
Ethereon
Member # 9133

- posted      Profile for Ethereon   Email Ethereon         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, my name is Euclid, and yes, before you ask, I know that's a guy's name. What was that? Ancient mathematician? I KNOW. It's my name for goodness sake! My parents were more creative than learned. And the fact that I am damn good at math is a ridiculous coincidence.

Forgive my irritability (or don't, I couldn't care less), but I am a classic restless spirit, dreadfully intelligent, and if you are not one of the few good-hearted souls who have earned my trust, I have no time for you.

Speaking of good hearted souls I should introduce you to Sebastian. He's my partner in crime, my voice of reason and the love of my life… though I haven't told him that last part in so many words. Before I met Seb I got by working small cons at the exclusive campuses Uptown on my home planet, relieving trust fund babies of their burgeoning expense accounts, but I never made enough to move out of Docktown.

Seb was the only one of those students who saw right through me, but instead of turning me in, he broadened my horizons. Forget Uptown, we went international, then interplanetary. Together there is no crooked politician, no twisted corporation that one genius-girl from the Docks and one disgruntled ex-socialite environmentalist can't take down. And relieve of their ill-gotten cash in the process of course.

Posts: 291 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm, an interesting life you have there.

So do you only go after the Corps and individuals you think are crooked in one way or another?

Ever have any close calls? Seems like some of those you rob and/or con could get violent and/or try to come after you.

Kinda reminds me of another intergalactic criminal, went by the nick name of the Stainless Steel Rat. Quite the Con man. If I recall correctly he only went after certain types of people. He was always having close calls. Some he got out of rather easily and some he had to work at.

Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ethereon
Member # 9133

- posted      Profile for Ethereon   Email Ethereon         Edit/Delete Post 
Seb might like to see himself as some sort of Robin Hood, but I am neither that innocent nor that presumptuous. Who is wholly good and who is wholly bad? More importantly, who am I to decide? So mostly, I don't. I will swindle anyone who'll take the bait. Experience says that the greedy, crooked and cowardly are the biggest takers and those with dirty little secrets are ripe for extortion, but the sad truth is, someone innocent almost always gets hurt. I haven't exactly come to terms with this, and on some jobs I've kept the grittiest details from Seb. We do strange things to protect the one's we love.

Close calls? I've had my share and that's for damn sure. Private thugs, bona fide police, teched-out Tobracor agents with disappearance warrants embedded in their chests--so far I've managed to slip through their fingers, but not necessarily unscathed. I do take the inherent danger of this business more seriously than Seb does, and if there's anything in this life that worries me, it's that his *%dd$@n positive attitude will eventually get him killed.

I've never heard of the con man you mentioned.

[This message has been edited by Ethereon (edited December 11, 2010).]

Posts: 291 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post 

You are a tough (clears throat)... gal, so is it as it seems you care for nothing or anyone except for Seb?

So what about your parents? Siblings?

Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.