FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » IGMS?

Author Topic: IGMS?
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

- posted      Profile for TheHumanTarget           Edit/Delete Post 
Any updates on IGMS? I really enjoyed the first two updates and was looking forward to the next one...
Posts: 1480 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
IGMS is a quarterly 'zine; most likely, we won't see the next issue until June/July.
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, but.......
Coming Soon to Issue 2:
• From the Ender Saga - Pretty Boy - The Story of Bonito Madrid
by Orson Scott Card

Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

quote:
Yeah, but.......
Coming Soon to Issue 2:
• From the Ender Saga - Pretty Boy - The Story of Bonito Madrid
by Orson Scott Card

Yeah...that was pretty much my point...I need my fix!!!!
Posts: 1480 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
We all want to see "Pretty Boy" on IGMS, but we all also want to see Empire out, and we all also want to see Ender's Game the movie, and we all also want to see The Wives of Israel, and we all also want to see the next Enderverse novel, and we all also want to see Alvin Maker.

So, I think OSC has quite a bit on his plate right now and it'll come out when it comes out.

(Not to sound snippity. I want to see "Pretty Boy" at least as much as the next guy, but patience is a virtue.)

Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

quote:
We all want to see "Pretty Boy" on IGMS, but we all also want to see Empire out, and we all also want to see Ender's Game the movie, and we all also want to see The Wives of Israel, and we all also want to see the next Enderverse novel, and we all also want to see Alvin Maker.

So, I think OSC has quite a bit on his plate right now and it'll come out when it comes out.

(Not to sound snippity. I want to see "Pretty Boy" at least as much as the next guy, but patience is a virtue.)

Vonk,
All snippitiness (sounds like something from a Colbert "Word of the day" skit) aside, IGMS is an entirely different beast than books or screenplays.

Yes, the effort of writing them is still there (and much appreciated), but the medium of the internet gives a perception of immediacy to everything. I think that this is compounded by a general confusion over what the publication schedule is for IGMS. Is it quarterly? I didn’t see anything on the site that indicated that it was, but I did see a section called monthly columns…

Scott R
Member # 567

THT--

The "quarterly" definition was released in the initial marketing of the zine-- it may not be referenced anywhere on the site.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

quote:
The "quarterly" definition was released in the initial marketing of the zine-- it may not be referenced anywhere on the site
Ahhhh...so if you weren't there in the beginning, you should have no expectation of knowing.
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Yeah, but I've already paid for Pretty Boy. <_<
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bella Bee
Member # 7027

- posted      Profile for Bella Bee   Email Bella Bee         Edit/Delete Post 
*Puts on annoying caterpillar-from-Alice-in-Wonderland voice*

'Patience is a virtue.'

Sometimes we have to wait for what we pay for. [Razz]

Posts: 1528 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm trying to figure out if I should give or take away points, given that you're aware that you're being annoying. [Razz]
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

quote:
Ahhhh...so if you weren't there in the beginning, you should have no expectation of knowing.
Well...what do you mean by 'there?' I knew it was quarterly because a lot of the news articles I read mentioned it was. It's not like I had some secret insight into the program...
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

I've never seen IGMS referenced in a news article, and a search of the boards didn't turn it up either. So by "there", I suppose I mean that abstract, metaphysical location where all unknown knowledge is stored...
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
you mean the internet?
Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

quote:
you mean the internet?
No, no, no...I said knowledge not unsubstantiated rumors
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

If you cannot get knowledge from the internet, what's the point of this thread? [Razz]
CRash
Member # 7754

- posted      Profile for CRash   Email CRash         Edit/Delete Post 
Who needs knowledge, anyway? [Razz]
Posts: 973 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.