FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Annual Hatrack Gift to The Heifer Project. (Current Total: $695) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Annual Hatrack Gift to The Heifer Project. (Current Total: $695)
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
It's that time of year again.

The past two years many of us have joined to give a group donation First Book.link
link

Several People have already suggested that we give to the Heifer Project.

Who is interested in participating this year?

PS. It's been a rough year and we've given to both the Tsunami victims and the Katrina victims since the beginning of the year. If people feel like its just too much Hatrack givin', I understand.

[ January 03, 2006, 06:31 PM: Message edited by: The Rabbit ]

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be giving to tsunami relief efforts locally (I've been doing that regularly through the year), and donating overseas is difficult at best, so I won't be participating, but I do applaud efforts like this. Rabbit, thanks for so willingly taking care of this.

Hatrack lovin' is great! [Kiss]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
I just got paid and for the time being I don't have to worry about food, so I know I will be able to donate this year.
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll have to wait for the next paycheck, but I'm definitely in again!
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
I personally like giving to First Book as it's in keeping with the forum, but I'm in either way. [Smile]
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in for either. First Book is great, but The Heifer Project is also an amazing organization.
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll give what I can to either.

Rabbit, you know there's a special spot in Heaven for you.

Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Of course, you're expected to organize a trip to that special spot, and take a number of people with you....
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
Certainly Papa, we'll be leaving by bicycle from my home. Date and time to be announced.

[ December 05, 2005, 05:39 PM: Message edited by: The Rabbit ]

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
I've already gone on a bit about liking Heifer International, but I'm fine with whatever people want to do. [Smile]
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Either one is fine with me! [Smile]
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

We aren't getting much input in this thread. Does this mean that very few are interested this year or that they just don't have much to say?

Should I go forward or not?

romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, even a few donations are something.
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

What she said.

Maybe we hold a vote to decide which charity to donate to, and whichever has the most votes in the next 24 (48? 72?) hours wins?

Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

We need to decide whether we will give to First Book or Heifer International. Place your vote now. Which ever charity gets the most votes by Monday will get this years Hatrack December donation.

The Polls Are Open.

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
heifer International [Smile]
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Heifer.

While I would give to either, and understand the attacment to First Book, I feel like trying to work on the more basic needs this year. I'm not sure if it's because of all the natural disasters or what. *shrug*

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Heifer
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Heifer.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
Heifer.
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
Heifer [Smile]

(But: is this a PayPal thing? I don't do PayPal... if it is a PayPal thing, could I mail you a check, Rabbit, and then you could donate on my behalf?)

Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
Wait...what is First Book anyways? I've never heard of it, so I don't know.
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

I'd say First Book, but it looks like it won't matter.

Funny thing, the other group donation I'm participating in this year is also to Heifer International.

The Rabbit
Member # 671

It looks like the consensus is to give to the Heifer Project this year. Here is the procedure.

You can either send the money to me via pay-pal or donate directly to The Heifer Project.

If you donate to the Heifer Project directly, go to the box that says "Please let us know if you are placing this order as" and select "Other Organization". Then type "Hatrack River Forum" in the box. They will send you an e-mail receipt. If you forward the receipt to me I will add your donation to the Forum total.

Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

Someone bump this on Friday, please?
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Rabbit, I forwarded my email to the email address in your user profile last night, did you get it?

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

No Bok, I didn't get your forwarded e-mail. The only contributions I've logged so far have come through paypal. The e-mail address in my profile is correct. Try forwarding it again.
The Rabbit
Member # 671

Sorry Bok, I found your e-mail. It got rerouted by my spam filter. I'll have to see if I can fix that problem.
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
it can't be bumped on friday, it's a sticky.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

Good, I'm just glad you found it (not that I wouldn't have forwarded it to you again).

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
firebird
Member # 1971

- posted      Profile for firebird   Email firebird         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so glad this idea was picked up. Yeah to Hatrack giving!

Receipt will be sent your way Rabbit. Thank you so much for organising!

Posts: 571 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

My gift is made, and an honor card on its way to Rabbit. If you would also like the email confirm, I'll send that as well.
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
How long were you planning on keeping the donations open, Rabbit?

(Little tight this pay period. Would like to wait 'til next paycheck, next Friday.)

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I sent mine. Let me know if you don't get it, Rabbit. [Smile]
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

Done. Glad you're doing this. [Smile]
Bokonon
Member # 480

hey Rabbit, depending on what the current total is, could you email me? I was thinking about doing a dollar-for-dollar match until we reached 1k... But that might be a little much even for me.

So let me know...

-Bok

Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
I emailed mine earlier today.
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

The Total on the topic line is now current.

You guys are terrific.

Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
No it isn't, I just donated. It's $330.
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

The total at the top is current as of 11:00 am MST, Dec. 24.

I will be away from my computer for the next few days, but will update the total again before the end of the year.

For those of you who have sent the money to me, I will pool it together and make a donation on Dec. 31.

Thanks, you are all fantastic!!

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

ANy chance you could wait until Jan 1? I can send some when my next paycheck gets deposited.

Of course, I can always just give separately, too.

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Will $430 buy a whole heifer?
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Nope, but $500 will.

$250 will buy a butt-ugly smelly water buffalo, though. [Smile]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

$440 dollars won't buy a whole heifer, but one of our members sent me an e-mail when we were at $300 saying he/she would match the next $200 dollar for dollar. Assuming that he/she is still willing to do that would push our total to $580 which would be a whole heifer+.
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

We get direct deposit paychecks on Jan 3 this year, as Jan 2 is a university (and bank?) holiday. I'll donate then, regardless of whether Rabbit's fund is still up and running.
The Rabbit
Member # 671

Wow!! You people are fantastic!!
Jeni
Member # 1454

- posted      Profile for Jeni   Email Jeni         Edit/Delete Post 
Do you know when you're going to close it up?
Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

I've made the last donation from the money people sent money to me through pay-pal today. However, if people still want to participate you can still donate directly to The Heifer Project. If you donate to the Heifer Project directly, go to the box that says "Please let us know if you are placing this order as" and select "Other Organization". Then type "Hatrack River Forum" in the box. They will send you an e-mail receipt. If you forward the receipt to me I will add your donation to the Forum total.
Bokonon
Member # 480

Did you get my second donation, Rabbit?

-Bok

The Rabbit
Member # 671

Yup, Thanks Bokonon. Your second donation is part of the total.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.