FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Posts of Newfoundlogic

Author Topic: Posts of Newfoundlogic
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I looked around a bit before starting this. Let me know if I'm duplicating efforts. I don't know if a simpler answer will come up but this thread and the actual text in it could be archived at any rate.

Information reached through links in the thread are not guaranteed to be archived, so if you see something that should be archived, the best thing to do is paste it to this thread (I think I've got that right, anyone feel free to correct me).

I thought a good place to start would be links to Steven's posts re: Israel.

July 2003
Aug 2003
Nov 2003
Dec 2003

Dec 21 2003

Ask the Rebbetzin

JerusalemCon
On Hamas (How Ironic) Hmm, that was the one thread my husband posted to. How funny. My husband is the polar opposite of Steven on that topic and I'm somewhere in the middle.
"So, Bin Laden, Eh?" There are some that I'm not posting because his participation was very brief. This one was pretty heated, and I wondered if I should skip it. But it has a lot of his writing.

Bush's relationship with God The first page is the only one on which he is active.

How Israel Lost

On "Pro-Israel, not Anti-US"

If anyone else wants to go by topic that would be great. I'll be adding more to this as I have time.

[ February 06, 2006, 05:08 AM: Message edited by: pooka ]

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
I think if we're going to save it we'll need to copy and paste the actual text. I don't have time to do anything right now, but I'll have some time this weekend to start digging around.
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps the thing to do would be to save the threads as HTML (so as to preserve the formatting), organize the files, and then send the archive to the family.

Also, NFL's father emailed the webmaster and they are going to look into retrieving his posts:

quote:
The webmaster said he will be contacting the site designer to see what can be accomplished as to the posts beyond 300.
There may be a way to do it automatically, so as to ensure nothing is missed.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Newfoundlogic 's Dad
Member # 9094

- posted      Profile for Newfoundlogic 's Dad   Email Newfoundlogic 's Dad         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for your interest and efforts. As twinky said I am hoping the site designer has the answer. If not I'll take all the direction and other help you can provide.
Posts: 19 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

So has there been any word on other methods of retrieving or archiving the posts?
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Newfoundlogic 's Dad
Member # 9094

- posted      Profile for Newfoundlogic 's Dad   Email Newfoundlogic 's Dad         Edit/Delete Post 
I followed up with the administrator again last Thursday and offered to reimburse the site for costs but I still have not gotten any response.

Pooka, I do appreciate you and couple of others highlighting some that you knew of. I also found some earlier than the last 300 by googling newfoundlogic.

At this point we would be very grateful for any help or suggestions on retrieving additional posts

Posts: 19 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

I've been kind of out of the loop for a few months with trying to sell my house and move. Now I have suffered an injury and am not to clear-headed. I think the search by topic and member name is the way to go.
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
pooka: I've archived every thread nfl posted on at http://rjduhon.com/home/ . Included are two compressed files with all the threads (the .tar.bz2 and the .zip).
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay for fugu! I'm so glad someone did this!
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.