FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » What should be done? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: What should be done?
Adeimantus
Member # 5219

- posted      Profile for Adeimantus   Email Adeimantus         Edit/Delete Post 
We need to reform our political parties. Why does Congress get nothing done? Why are there so many stalls and lags in the political and law processes? Because we have bickering and nit-picking between our two dominant political parties. This is creating an epidemic of low political interest and even lower voter turnout. When poltical headlines are filled with the long drawn out fights back and forth between these two political parties is so disconcerting to me, a member of the electorate, that I can't distinguish the party's platform from what they are saying about the other party's "ignorance."
Posts: 107 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Moozh
Member # 4549

- posted      Profile for Moozh   Email Moozh         Edit/Delete Post 
The party probems are definatly a problem. No government can work fast enough or efficiently enough with all of this side stuff going on. I can't so far think of a fair solution.

National Health care. We have the money for it, or had, or would have if we didn't spend 19 trillion on the War effort, and proabably will have again when the economy smooths out. The problem is that our government isn't built to have such a system and it would take massive amounts of work, but as long as we're creating a new one, why npot put in a clause for health care. Given, it is collapsing in england, but that is because England is loosing money, it doesn't have many resources, and their coasting right now on past succeses, it's starting to show. As long as were not at war, we can definantly afford the system.

Posts: 103 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adeimantus
Member # 5219

- posted      Profile for Adeimantus   Email Adeimantus         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree. Universal Healthcare would be a definite help in the social problems this country is having. While were talking about Healthcare, Malpractice, at least in Pennsylvania has really become a problem. The premiums for Malpractice insurance keep rising because the number of malpractice cases won in favor of the plaintiff has sky-rocketed and because the payouts involved in those cases are just absurd. Let's put that on the list as well. Maybe making a cap on payouts....
Posts: 107 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.