FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Looking for official approval.

Author Topic: Looking for official approval.
Billy Joel
Member # 5357

- posted      Profile for Billy Joel           Edit/Delete Post 
I just applied to the Hatrack Celebrity Deathmatch Commitee for a 4 way battle:

John Lennon
Billy Joel
Donny Osmond
And that Bono guy.

Tickets go on sale, 2 hours after approval, assuming I get approved.

All proceeds go to the "Rockstars of Hatrack" fund. Christ, you know it ain't easy trying to raise funds for us Rockstars.

Posts: 116 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roger Miller
Member # 5534

- posted      Profile for Roger Miller   Email Roger Miller         Edit/Delete Post 
::unloads shotgun on pansy rock stars::

Now you got a doo-wacka-doo!
[Big Grin]

Posts: 7 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Billy Joel
Member # 5357

Roger, shut up. You're not in this.
Posts: 116 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gwen Stefani
Member # 5753

- posted      Profile for Gwen Stefani           Edit/Delete Post 
I could beat all four of you.
Posts: 17 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Billy Joel
Member # 5357

Again, this doesn't involve you. This is between us four. So stay the heck out.
Gwen Stefani
Member # 5753

Why should I? You wanna fight? Possibly a Celebrity Deathmatch fight?
Posts: 17 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roger Miller
Member # 5534

- posted      Profile for Roger Miller   Email Roger Miller         Edit/Delete Post 
Attaboy girl!

[Big Grin]

Posts: 7 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donny Osmond
Member # 5349

- posted      Profile for Donny Osmond           Edit/Delete Post 
Bring it, Billy Bob. I'm not afraid of you.
Posts: 79 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Lennon
Member # 5453

- posted      Profile for John Lennon           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm with Billy on this one; it'd be nice to have a match just between us four, and it would be great entertainment for everyone. People have been dying to see this for months now, and it's far beyond the time to give it to them, you know?

This match is going to be bigger than OSC.

Posts: 16 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Her Royal Sweekiness
Member # 5747

- posted      Profile for Her Royal Sweekiness           Edit/Delete Post 
What about Saruman?

John Lennon: Woah, there. NOTHING is bigger than OSC. You owe this thread an apology.

[ September 29, 2003, 07:40 PM: Message edited by: Her Royal Sweekiness ]

Posts: 59 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Billy Joel
Member # 5357

Feeling the PRESSURE, Donny? Still feel like you're a BIG SHOT? Well, Donny, I've been waiting for this FOR THE LONGEST TIME, so SAY GOODBYE TO HOLLYWOOD cause Billy's comin' to town.

HRS, winner can take on Saruman all by himself. This one is exclusive to us four.

[ September 29, 2003, 07:43 PM: Message edited by: Billy Joel ]

Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
As officiator of all Hatrack Celebrity Deathmatches, I approve this fight and set the time and location for 10:00pm MST, here, with everyone invited to watch. Get ready to rumble, boys.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bono
Member # 5394

- posted      Profile for Bono   Email Bono         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be ready. This is going to be even better than the real thing.

*dons fly goggles*

Posts: 23 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Billy Joel
Member # 5357

Whoa, Annie Girl. Slow down, there. We're gonna be doing this tomorrow afternoon, 5 pm MST.
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll take you, Gwen Stefani, and your skinny-stick-like body!!!
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Lennon
Member # 5453

- posted      Profile for John Lennon           Edit/Delete Post 
Billy's just scared. He wants to talk to Captain Jack before we kill him, heck, even I want to talk to Captain Jack before the match. But that's no excuse, Billy. You're a coward. But if I have to wait till 5:00 MST tomorrow to do this, then so be it.
Posts: 16 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

Um, OK Billy. I'll be sure to notify the official committee.

Hey wait, I am the official committee!

Well, I'll let it slide this once, but remember, all other deathmatch requests must be submitted in writing 48 hours in advace. And notarized. And throw in a $75.00 processing fee.

And I am currently taking applications for referee, seeing as my own perfectly objective judgement, though sure to be unbiased, may suffer from a little impropriety were I to judge this match. You know, being Bono's personal favorite fan and fashion advisor and all.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OHDRC Chair
Member # 5730

- posted      Profile for OHDRC Chair           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey now Annie, I am the Official Hatrack Deathmatch Regulating Committee Chair, as my name implies . . . get offa my turf! or you and me will have to have our OWN deathmatch [Evil]

Oh and guys, the paperwork has finally gone through - your *Official* Deathmatch is on!

Posts: 4 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

*de-pantses so-called chairman*
Her Royal Sweekiness
Member # 5747

- posted      Profile for Her Royal Sweekiness           Edit/Delete Post 
I copied my resume in quadruplet, Annie. Anything else I have to do to be considered for ref?
Posts: 59 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OHDRC Chair
Member # 5730

- posted      Profile for OHDRC Chair           Edit/Delete Post 
So-called?? what is this so-called you speak of? I'm OFFICIAL , and you know it! You're just jealous I beat you in the Committee elections [Razz] *pies Annie in the face*
Posts: 4 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gwen Stefani
Member # 5753

Ryuko, look at this. I don't even need to fight you. I can just kill you with my beauty. But if we did fight, I would soooooo win.
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
(PSHHT) Not even. I'm a black belt, and can probably even write better music than your wimpy sell-out hind end.

I will destroy you, Gwen Stefani, any day.

[ September 29, 2003, 08:20 PM: Message edited by: Ryuko ]

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh no. Another thread where everyone gets a new username!! [Roll Eyes] [Razz]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

- posted      Profile for lcarus           Edit/Delete Post 
*pat pat*
Posts: 1112 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
rivka! was it YOU that started that *pat pat* thing??? That makes me laugh all every time someone does it! [Taunt]

Icarus, don't worry, I don't WANT another user name...I just remember the Hatrack Historical Research archive thread...remember that? Well Khavanon found that one month had a bunch of new users registered...and I pointed out that that was also the month that the "Applications to be a Hatrack Horseman of the apocalypse" thread had been going strong. [ROFL] I thought it was hilarious!!

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
The first person I saw do it is mack.

[Smile]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm
Member # 4653

- posted      Profile for Sarcasm           Edit/Delete Post 
That thread was the coolest thing ever.
Posts: 276 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fluff
Member # 4835

- posted      Profile for Fluff           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah!

[The Wave]
[The Wave]
[The Wave]
[The Wave]
[The Wave]
[The Wave]
[The Wave]

We should do it again!

I mean, from the very beginning!

[Big Grin]

Posts: 83 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

[Laugh] at all of you. I needed that.

Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Captain Jack Sparrow
Member # 5440

- posted      Profile for Captain Jack Sparrow   Email Captain Jack Sparrow         Edit/Delete Post 
You called?
Posts: 8 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

I hear that maybe Bono is busy tomorrow. Like, maybe he's writing a French lit paper. But I'll try to work things out with his manager and get him there on time. Yeah.
Annie
Member # 295

(mmm... coconut cream...)

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.