FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » My Twitching Eye

Author Topic: My Twitching Eye
Ayelar
Member # 183

- posted      Profile for Ayelar   Email Ayelar         Edit/Delete Post 
So for the past few years or so, my left eye has been twitching on and off. Sometimes for as long as a week, usually just for a few days at a time. It's annoying, but ignorable. Nothing seems to stop it.

It started twitching again today, and I covered the eye so at least my vision wouldn't wobble. And it stopped! Opened my fingers back up a crack, and it started again. Covered it completely again, and it stopped again!

Woohoo, it's photosensitive! I kept it covered for a few minutes, and now it's not twitching anymore!

Has anyone heard of anything like this? What the heck is going on with my eye? Or, more specifically, my upper eyelid, I think. It's crazy!

Posts: 2220 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure about eyes, but there was a thread about muscle twitching a while back.

Weirdos.

[Wink]

Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting. My eyelid sometimes does that, too. Though I don't think covering it up makes it stop.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Stupid twitching eyes. I hate them.

Haven't heard anything about that way to stop it, though. Being as bored as I am right now, I looked up eye twitching (it gave me a few resources to extreme cases, mainly 'blepharospasm') and in the resources I found, it said that some of the things the support centers do is have them reduce the amount of sunlight.

This has been your useless information for the day.

Gosh, I'm bored.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep. My eye does that sometimes, too. More often if I'm annoyed. [Wink]
Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
ummm....yeah, that could be it. [Smile]
Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayelar
Member # 183

- posted      Profile for Ayelar   Email Ayelar         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, but that's not me... I haven't had less than 8 hours of sleep in 5 years. I average 10. [Smile]

I'll try to keep track of when it starts... in sunlight, maybe?

Posts: 2220 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubadour
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Troubadour   Email Troubadour         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I'd go along with Brettly here - My boss & I both suffer from a twitchy left eye much like you've described. We've recently had nearly a week off, and we've both been sleeping almost constantly - and what was once constant is now gone - at least until I get tired and stressed again.
Posts: 2245 | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starla*
Member # 5835

- posted      Profile for Starla*   Email Starla*         Edit/Delete Post 
That makes sense that the twitchy eyelid thing happens when you don't get enough sleep. Last semster I was really stressed and both of my eyelids would be going at once.

Real annoying.

Though someone suggested to me it might be some sort of vitamin deficiency, but I can't remember what vitamin...

Posts: 463 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I also get a twitchy right eye, every now and then, and was told it was related to excessive computer use; apparently, I focus too often on a single plane.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
narrativium
Member # 3230

- posted      Profile for narrativium           Edit/Delete Post 
Seeeeeeee! Seeeeeeeeeee!
Posts: 1357 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BelladonnaOrchid
Member # 188

- posted      Profile for BelladonnaOrchid   Email BelladonnaOrchid         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm... I was always told that it was because another on some other plane of reality I was blinking...

...or maybe I wasn't told that and I dreamed it.

Interesting thought, anyway.

Posts: 701 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.