FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Thank You Thread (Hatrack Christmas)

Author Topic: The Thank You Thread (Hatrack Christmas)
Kasie H
Member # 2120

- posted      Profile for Kasie H   Email Kasie H         Edit/Delete Post 
I know my Secret Jatraquero will be receiving a handwritten thank you note in the mail, but I wanted to thank Narnia on Hatrack for the uber-cool CD she sent me!

[Party]

Thanks!

[ December 20, 2003, 09:23 PM: Message edited by: Kasie H ]

Posts: 1784 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
You're welcome dear. I hope you didn't already have it. [Smile]

Thank you to Speed the fantastic for that nifty DVD that I bet NONE of you own. I'm definitely cooler than all of you now. [Big Grin]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

- posted      Profile for odouls268   Email odouls268         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah? what is it? Youd be surprised the kind of hookups I can get. I can even get Miak this time of year.

A dollar to whoever can identify that movie reference. [Razz]

Posts: 2532 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Speed
Member # 5162

- posted      Profile for Speed   Email Speed         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, de nada. Glad you liked it. [Big Grin]

...Do you know who I am? I'm J.B. Bigsley, that's who I am, in fact that's who the hell I am...

[Big Grin]

Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm starting to wonder if my secret santa got hers!

I sent it ages ago. [Frown]

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Koga
Member # 5646

- posted      Profile for Koga   Email Koga         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't do the hatrack secret santa thing, but I think odouls refrance is to "Earnest Scared Stupid" or what ever the one with all the trolls was.
Posts: 733 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kavon
Member # 6038

- posted      Profile for Kavon   Email Kavon         Edit/Delete Post 
And Koga gets a dollar!
Posts: 23 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
I left for home before mine got to me [Frown] But I'm still grateful for whoever it is, and just so you don't think I'm being ungrateful, I'll be back to Bozeman in January.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert Hugo
Member # 3980

- posted      Profile for Javert Hugo   Email Javert Hugo         Edit/Delete Post 
I got mine, and I'm saving it to open Christmas morning. [Smile] I love the wrapping paper!! The very clever Annie wrapped it in bacon.
Posts: 1753 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, that sounds messy. But oh so tasty.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

I got it at a funky little downtown boutique, but it looks like you can order your very own bacon wrapping paper online. Nothing says "happy holidays" like gifts covered in meat.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I left for home before mine got to me [Frown]
me too, thanks in advance...
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
YEAY BECKY! [Big Grin]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
I got an email from receiving at my college that I got a package, but I'm already at home. [Frown] Gracias por adelantado.
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Ophelia, that monkey makes me laugh every time I see it. Except for at night. At night, I swear it looks exactly like that monkey from The Family Guy.

Should I go ahead and read that book first, or get the first in the series? Does it matter?

From time to time, my family has received those chocolate things. Man, I love them. And the toys are awesome, too.

In otherwords, thanks, they are totally awesome. [Smile]

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Kasie, Thanks.

Got mine last night, and no, I haven't aquired the movie yet.

I wasn't going to open it up until tomorrow, but I did check the envelope that came with it. In big bold letters it said Pirates of the Caribean.

Thanks again.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

RRR, when do you go back?
Kasie H
Member # 2120

- posted      Profile for Kasie H   Email Kasie H         Edit/Delete Post 
[Grumble]

Stupid Amazon people, spoiling all the surprises.

But I'm glad you liked it [Smile]

Posts: 1784 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

Thank you T Smith!

I got an adorable blue teddy bear that will go perfectly with in my stuffed animal colony. But the best part of the gift? 500 hours of FREE aol time!

Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
Mack, I fly back January 19th. I'm going to see if they can forward it to me.
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Should I go ahead and read that book first, or get the first in the series? Does it matter?
I usually tell people to read Mort first--while it's not the first in the series, it's the first in the Death sequence. I wrote a lot more at sakeriver about what to read in what order.

I'm glad you like everything. [Smile]

And to whoever got me--I won't be back in Houston until January 10, so don't think I'm not appreciating you unless it gets to be the 12th and I still haven't said anything. [Razz]

Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zemra
Member # 5706

- posted      Profile for Zemra   Email Zemra         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Carrie,
I loved your gift and I think that the book is awesome. Hope to use it sometime and I thought that the notebook is really cool the little leaflet made me love it even more since it had "The history of a legendary notebook" in Italian and I have not read Italian for so long. Once again thank you so much
and Happy Holidays to you.
Have fun in Greece [Smile]

[ December 25, 2003, 11:12 AM: Message edited by: Zemra ]

Posts: 69 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Leonide and Strider!!

I got a set of J.R.R. Tolkien himself reading selections from the Hobbit, the LotR, Tom Bombadil, and the Silmarillion. (Wait, Christopher Tolkien reads the Silmarillion bits.)

Thanks thanks thanks!! [Smile]

*Eyes CD player hungrily*

Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

RRR, get it shipped! I am your secret santa. *wants to know if you like it*
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
It's totally fun to see what everyone got from everyone else. I'm impressed with all the creativity!! [Smile]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert Hugo
Member # 3980

- posted      Profile for Javert Hugo   Email Javert Hugo         Edit/Delete Post 
Annie, thank you very much for my Chinese cookbook. I'm so excited! This is wonderful. [Smile]
Posts: 1753 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

I'm so glad you liked it! I'm always a little sketchy about getting someone a present just because I think it's fabulous, but I hope you enjoy it a lot [Smile]
Suneun
Member # 3247

- posted      Profile for Suneun   Email Suneun         Edit/Delete Post 
Wooh. All of you who have gotten presents already, can you take a photo? It'd be fun to have a photo album of folks with the presents they got!
Posts: 1892 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

I got my dollar from Hot Nathan! [Big Grin]
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh thank you thank you thank you katharina!!! I got a fun CD of Christmas music (which I'm listening to right now), a finger paint set (masterpieces will be posted once I've gotten back into the fine art of finger paint) and a beautiful puzzle of Notre Dame in Montreal!

[Big Grin]

I also got a dollar from hot Nathan. Thanks for the smile!

[ December 27, 2003, 06:19 PM: Message edited by: Dragon ]

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a few more thanks for Saxon75 for his wonderful and awesome care package of ninja stuff that's kept me in Pez for the last week. ^_^ He's the coolest.

And thanks to T_Smith for my surprise dollar! ^_^ It put a smile on my face even before I opened the letter!

I'm kicking thank-you notes out to the two of you right away. ^^ Cuz my momma raised me right.

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Speed
Member # 5162

Hey. I just thought I'd make a quick post before this thread gets lost forever. I want to make it clear before I say anything that I'm not complaining, but... I still haven't received anything. I don't mind, but I'm starting to worry that maybe my gift got lost in the mail, and if that is the case, I didn't want my secret Santa thinking that I'm the world's biggest ingrate. If it is still on its way, disregard this notice. [Smile]
Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suneun
Member # 3247

Hey Ryuko! Just got the present today. Nice timing =).

Excellent choices. I've actually been meaning to get that short stories collection. Had to choose between that and Exile's Honor last week, and chose the latter. Heehee.

Thank you!

Posts: 1892 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
♫ I ain't got nothing on my plate
Please let me sleep in late ♪

Couldn't have said it better myself. Thanks twink! I haven't heard the whole CD yet, but what I've heard so far is pretty darn good. How did you know I was into blues?

And Nathan, thanks for the dollar. It did indeed bring a smile to my face. Who gave you my address?

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

I'll spoil it.

Strider/Leonide did you get your stuff?

I sent it weeks ago and I need to know if I should yell at the post office.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

Speed-

your secret Santa lost your address and I re-sent it a few days ago, so your present must still be in the works [Smile]

Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Suneun: Awesome! I'm glad you got it on time, and glad you liked it! I worried you might already have them. [Big Grin]
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
>> Couldn't have said it better myself. Thanks twink! I haven't heard the whole CD yet, but what I've heard so far is pretty darn good. How did you know I was into blues? <<

I have my ways. [Wink]

You're welcome! I'm glad you like it. Big Sugar are one of my favourite Canadian rock bands. I've seen them live three times and they always put on a fantastic show. They invariably play O, Canada (our national anthem) and the singer/guitarist does it with his guitar over the back of his head; it has a Canadian flag painted on the back. [Big Grin]

I feel very patriotic whenever I go to a Big Sugar show. They're the only band to release albums in both official languages. Sadly, they're done after this tour. At their last show here in Waterloo, I got Gordie's autograph and told him how sad I was that they were calling it quits. He shook my hand, smiled, and replied that he couldn't stop making music, so he'd probably be back here in some other fashion, just not with Big Sugar.

So there you go, saxon. A piece of Canadian history. [Smile]

(And a great collection of songs. [Smile] )

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, Dan, we did...i thought I posted about it too! Maybe on the original thread? Well, heck it was so nice we don't mind thanking you again!

Dan sent us an original short story that he wrote, signed and everything! It's really good, Dan, Strider and I both enjoyed reading it. Intelligent, well-written, and philosophical, with a little humorous bite to it -- just the way both of us like it. [Smile] And the St. Louis postcards are fun, I'm going to have to look for an oppurtunity to send one [Wink] And we haven't made the chili yet but are planning on it sometime in the near future. Perhaps it will even convert Strider into a bean lover! How can anyone not like beans?!

Thanks a thousand times, Dan! Hope your holidays were fantastic [Smile]

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

You had me worried a bit. I sent a package at the same time to India, and it arrived Saturday. Thought yours took longer.
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
So by now you're probably thinking that I'm an ungrateful little brat. Really I've just been kind of crazy this week.

Suneun, I loved everything. Especially Mad Libs and the Big Hunk! Thank you so much!

And T, the dollar and your note did indeed make me smile. Thanks.

[Smile]

Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suneun
Member # 3247

Heheh, yey!

I was being impatient quietly [Wink]

Speed
Member # 5162

Xnera:

Hey, I just got your package. It got here yesterday, but I worked 14 hours and didn't even notice it on the way from the door to the bed. So when I got home from my short shift today, there it was. Thanks so much. It's amazing. I'd never got around to seeing Firefly while it was on TV, but I love good sci-fi, and I heard that it was primo. I felt like I'd missed a cultural phenomenon aimed straight at me, and now I get to catch up. I'm so excited.

Anyway, there's a thank-you note in the works. I just wanted to say thanks on the forum first. Muchas gracias. [Big Grin]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.