FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Horrible Exam :(

Author Topic: Horrible Exam :(
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
I had my Administrative Law exam this morning - and it was horrible!

[Frown]

The worst part was that I knew all the answers but due to some spectacularly bad time management on my part couldn't get them all out.

The exam was worth 100%. [Mad]

If I get a bad mark not only will that be bad in itself, but because of the wacky way law honours marks are given it could affect the whether I get 1st/2nd class honours.

[Frown]
[Frown]

My only consolation is that everyone else seems to have had the same problem. Roll on the bell curve!

(And I still have three exams to go... )

[/self-pitying whinging]

[ November 09, 2004, 02:58 AM: Message edited by: imogen ]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
(((imogen)))
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Tests suck.

Taking 'em, and writing the darn things.

(((((im)))))

*goes back to writing tests* [Razz]

Good luck on the other ones!

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for vwiggin   Email vwiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
Never underestimate the stupidity of your classmates. [Razz]

If you're tops in your class and other people had similar problems with the race horse exam, I'm sure you'll manage to pull off that A. Good luck. [Smile]

Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
whinge intr.v. Chiefly British whinged, whing·ing, whing·es
To complain or protest, especially in an annoying or persistent manner.

I learnt something today. Thank you.

I'm sorry your exam was so terrible. [Frown]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Awww, imogen!! (((((((imogen)))))))) I'm sorry!! [Frown] Good luck for when you get the results back!
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] ((((imogen)))) *good thoughts*
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]

I'm sorry your exam went badly. If it's any help, my first law final went badly this semester, but they improved from there on and by the last one I did really well. But bleh, I hate that feeling - specially when you still have others to study for.

*hugs*

Good luck. [Smile]

Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

Thanks guys.

[Smile]

I learnt that for the purposes of calculating the law average for one's honours marks, the lowest two semester subjects don't count. Which is a great relief - even if I did do really badly, it won't affect my honours grade.

*phew*

You all really are lovely, you know that? [Kiss]

[ November 09, 2004, 05:13 AM: Message edited by: imogen ]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
That's a relief!

And if you think I'm lovely . . . well, it's 2am-ish here, and I don't need a mirror to know you're wrong. [Wink]

But the rest of 'em are. [Big Grin]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
imogen, how wretched. Sounds like you had some good news after all. [Smile] Hang in there -- it's just a series of hoops, and once you are through, you won't have to worry about them any more.
Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Y-y-y-y-you, imogen dear, are lovely!! [Kiss]

Don't dispute that. [No No]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suneun
Member # 3247

- posted      Profile for Suneun   Email Suneun         Edit/Delete Post 
*hug* good luck on the others!
Posts: 1892 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Bummer, imogen. I bet you did better than you think you did. I'm gearing up for mine, and I'm far, far behind in getting ready.

Fortunately I only have 3 this semester.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
imogen, you probably did better than you think. I'm glad the pressure's off, though.

Andrew was telling me about a law school exam he had - he finished it and went to the registrar and asked what happens if you fail a course. He ended up getting a "B."

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

I hope that happens to me, Mrs M!

I've had one more exam, which went ok. 3 hours of frantic scribbling on civil procedure is never going to be an overly enjoyable experience, but it could have been far far worse.

Constitutional Law tomorrow (exams on Satuday - [Grumble] ), Commercial Practice, Conveyancing and Drafting on Monday (ungraded pass/fail unit - easy) and then I am done for this year.

And almost done for my degree. *phew*

[ November 11, 2004, 10:37 PM: Message edited by: imogen ]

ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
*hugs* Good luck on the rest... and congrats on being almost done. [Smile]
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry it was rough, Imogen. [Frown]

I hate law exams. Granted, I only did a two-year paralegal course at a community college. However, the director of the program, who taught several of the classes I had to take, seemed to think that he was teaching at Harvard Law School. Translated: He didn't cut anyone any slack, and the exams were substantive and tough. Tough enough that I still suggest to anyone I meet here locally who is planning on law school that they go over to the the CC and take his two semesters of legal research and writing for a good head-start on their law-school comrades.

Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.