FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Trailer for "Serenity" going online today (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Trailer for "Serenity" going online today
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
4 pm EST, on www.apple.com/trailers .

But wait until 4:10 or so, so you don't hog the server and screw up my viewing.

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
I only hope my computer (aptly named Serenity) will be generous with me and permit me to view the trailer when I get home from work in spite of hardware problems (I'm relatively certain that apple.com/trailers will be blocked here at work).
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
It is at my workplace, unfortunately. I'll be watching it from home too.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
*bounce*
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portabello
Member # 7710

- posted      Profile for Portabello   Email Portabello         Edit/Delete Post 
*twitch*
Posts: 751 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
::twitch::

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alistair
Member # 7858

- posted      Profile for Alistair   Email Alistair         Edit/Delete Post 
I am so conflicted about this. On the one hand I really want to see this trailer but on the other hand Joss Whedon has said that fans who are familiar with the show may very well notice things in the trailer that will be spoilers. As an avid fan of the show and having watched it more times than I care to admitt I am sure I would notice something, or if I didn't I would keep watching it looking for something that would be a spoiler.

So my options now are risk spoiling the movie, or have to wait until August when the movie hits theatres see anything. *twitch*

Posts: 38 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

He's said that? I may not watch it, then.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

I thought about that for about .8 of a second myself. I'm sure I'd enjoy the movie spoiler free, but I'm just dying for a little Firefly goodness.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

He also said that it wouldn't give everything away--there are spoilers to be mined from the trailer, but surprises will remain even if you unearth them all.

I'll watch it and tell you how big they seem though, if you'd like.

Teshi
Member # 5024

I was going to offer to do that too, Noemon. I don't mind if something is spoilt a little.

[Smile]

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

I'd appreciate that. All I know at this point is that the movie will focus on River's story, the whole crew from the series is back, and there will be reavers.
Teshi
Member # 5024

I'm ridiculously excited [Big Grin] .
Noemon
Member # 1115

I am too! This is the most excited I've ever been about a trailer, honestly. Star Wars Episode I and the Fellowship of the Ring previews are close, but not *that* close.
Grisha
Member # 6871

- posted      Profile for Grisha   Email Grisha         Edit/Delete Post 
just ten minutes. *taps foot impatiently*
Posts: 376 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lord Solar Macharius
Member # 7775

- posted      Profile for Lord Solar Macharius           Edit/Delete Post 
Bum bum bum:

I give you... trailer.

The ending brought a tear to mine eye.

[ April 26, 2005, 04:07 PM: Message edited by: Lord Solar Macharius ]

Posts: 254 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portabello
Member # 7710

- posted      Profile for Portabello   Email Portabello         Edit/Delete Post 
SPOILERS

Two favorite quotes:
"Things are worse than you think."
"They usually are."

"I am unarmed."
"Good. *shoots*"

Two dissapointments:
River going all Matrix kung-fu did not look convincing.
That move where Jayne "clotheslined" the guy and then grabbed him by the legs.

*goes to watch again*

Posts: 751 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephan
Member # 7549

- posted      Profile for Stephan   Email Stephan         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure we'll be forced to see the trailer when going to the movies anyways this summer.
Posts: 3134 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
w00t!

Since my respect for Joss Whedon has grown quite immense, I need to watch Firefly again. I am definitely seeing Serenity. [Smile]

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

*dies* I watched it. I'm about to go through frame by frame. There is a fairly large spoiler but nothing that I believe wasn't speculated on.

(This is the first time I've been part of "cult phenomenon"! [Big Grin] )

"Define interesting."
"Oh god oh god we're all going do die?"

[ROFL]

[ April 26, 2005, 04:11 PM: Message edited by: Teshi ]

Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
To be honest, I'm kind of disappointed, but unsurprised.
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portabello
Member # 7710

SPOILERZ*******

Regarding the first dissapointment in my earlier thread:

Watching it again, I'm not sure that it actually *looked* unconvincing. It might be that I couldn't see that coming from our sweet little River.

twinky
Member # 693

So does this mean I will have to avoid all Firefly-related discussions here until the movie comes out?

(I have not read the post-trailer posts to this thread apart from Teshi's "large spoilers" bit.)

Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll reserve judgment until I see the scene in context, but remember: this is the cute widdle girl who gunned down three guys without looking. Can't say it's not in character, at least potentially.
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

Porter, I was annoyed by the same two scenes, but I think it may be just be the trailer. In the context of the movie it may be somewhat more made fun of. Think back to the scene when she did her little trick (Don't look) for Kaylee. If that had been set to music it might have been unbelievable.
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
man, that looks awesome. I can't wait to see this movie!
Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! I like it!

Holy crap, was Adam Baldwin that hot on the small screen? I hadn't noticed before.

I figure for River, something must have happened. She always had more depths than we knew.

Oh, I just love Mal's voice. Comforting, like.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Is Book in the movie? He isn't even in any of the group shots in the trailer.
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

Twink: Erm, I think you might have to avoid most discussion. It's a fairly key thing for the movie. You may not be able to avoid it.

I'll say again: It's nothing we didn't speculate upon.

Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

Oh, and oh, my, this looks good...
Teshi
Member # 5024

It does look very good, even in trailer-format. It's clearly Firefly [Smile] .

Spoilers, but not about the major "thing":
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
The reavers, who we thought would be fairly key, seem to be, although there, less important than the other "thing".

ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]

The scene with River didn't bother me at all. I think it's perfectly in keeping with what little we know/have seen of her.

I agree the closelining thing was a little cheesy looking.

But all-in-all it looks great!! I can't wait!!!

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

Again, depends. We've just seen two minutes of a two hour movie, cut and edited to appeal to a wide range of fans. For all we know it could be reavers wall to wall...

I'm just wallowing in the production values and the... the... just the look of the thing. I already knew the writing, acting, and music would be great, but damn.

[ April 26, 2005, 04:23 PM: Message edited by: Chris Bridges ]

Teshi
Member # 5024

CB, good point, although they're clearly not the driving force. They may play a major role, though...
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

For that matter there's not a lot of Kaylee in this trailer, but she's definitely in the movie. It's just too early to worry.

However, I have heard that one or two of the characters get less screen time due to scheduling conflicts.

fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
http://homepage.mac.com/fugu13/fireflyandreavers.tiff

Its a big file because I haven't even converted it down yet, but it shows that firefly moves in with the reaver fleet.

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I've never seen Firefly so I'm intrigued. [Big Grin]

Was that Charlie (from Numb3rs) I saw?

My daughter adores him, he's coming real close to being up there with Orlando Bloom in her estimation. [Big Grin]

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

Book and Kaylee are perhaps the least action-related two, so they might have been shunted a little. Simon doesn't count because where there's action and River, there is need for Simon.

SPOILERS:

quote:
Its a big file because I haven't even converted it down yet, but it shows that firefly moves in with the reaver fleet.
Wow. I didn't expect that.

[ April 26, 2005, 04:33 PM: Message edited by: Teshi ]

fugu13
Member # 2859

I bet Book gets entangled somewhere else due to his mysterious past.

He's definitely in the movie, from IMDB:
quote:

Ron Glass .... Shepherd Meria Boo

And Belle, you must see Firefly.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

BTW, I'm glad River seems to choose some very attractive outfits to wreak havoc in.
Teshi
Member # 5024

Okay, now I'm now on a Firefly Crusade to get people to watch it.

EDIT: Unfortunately, my only friend who likes Joss Whedon goes on and on about the actor who plays Mal and not about the series itself.

[ April 26, 2005, 04:37 PM: Message edited by: Teshi ]

Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
How do I see it? Is it available on DVD?
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portabello
Member # 7710

It is very available on DVD.
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

Amazon link for DVD set

I'd advise watching it before you let kids see it, mainly because moral lessons get a bit confused here and there and there is definitely some violence and sexual content.

It's also the show i've lent out more than any other, and to date no one I've pushed it on has disliked it. I'm buying another copy because my first one is getting worn...

Sales on the DVD weren't the (sole) reason for the movie, but they were far out of proportion from what anyone thought they'd be.

[ April 26, 2005, 04:47 PM: Message edited by: Chris Bridges ]

Teshi
Member # 5024

I wouldn't say it's suitible for children at all. Do you mean "teens" because I'd say it's suitible for perhaps 14, 15 or 16 plus?
Katarain
Member # 6659

- posted      Profile for Katarain   Email Katarain         Edit/Delete Post 
I almost started watching it...and then realized it would be unfair. My husband and I watched it all together, so I have to wait until I get home so we can watch it together. Oh, the torture!!

I'm such a good wife. [Smile]

-Katarain

Posts: 2880 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Okay, too much spoiler risk. I'll see you guys later. [Wave]
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

My 12-year old is a big fan, so I couldn't limit it to teens, but that's our family. Your mileage may vary.
Teshi
Member # 5024

Okay, 12 is the very very lowest I would show it to. Perhaps I'm being overly sensitive. But I wouldn't show it "children". Especially not some of the episodes.

Teens, okay.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.