FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Oblivion Glitch!! I am at a complete loss...SOLUTION PROVIDED BY BETHESDA SITE!! YEAH

Author Topic: Oblivion Glitch!! I am at a complete loss...SOLUTION PROVIDED BY BETHESDA SITE!! YEAH
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I am having a HUGE problem with my Oblivion game now, and I am at a complete loss on how to fix it.

I am always moving forward. At all times. Either running or walking, even sneaking.

I thought I had a keyboard problem, but that is working fine, as every single key works in notepad, and I can strafe side to side.

I looked in the controls, and even reset to default values as I had not intentionaly changed any of them, but that didn't check out either.

I tried pulling the "Q" button up, as that is the Auto-Move button, but it isn't stuck at all.

it began by my mouse going completely dead, even outside of Oblivion. I reset my computer, and the mouse began working fine again....but I was constantly moving forward. [Frown]

In every saved game. Even the really low level ones. [Frown]

I checked my connection to the back of the computer, and it seems fine. All buttons are working fine outside of Oblivion.

Weird.

I really like this game, and it is basically unplayable now. [Frown]

I tried resetting, I tried virus scans....I tried everything but starting a new game.

I have the Frostcrag Spires plugin, and the OSCUROS OBLIVION OVERHAUL mod (with armor and saddlebags), but they have been installed for quite some time and worked fine. I even tried loading without any of them activated, but it didn't help.

Any ideas, other than starting a new charcter? I don't even know if it will help, and I have about 57 hours invested in this charcter....

[ July 10, 2006, 02:33 AM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
What happens if you hammer the "Q" key again? Do you move forward in a different way, or is there no change at all? I suspect that "auto-move" has become stuck for you somehow.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
I had a similar problem once on Everquest. The problem was one of my keys, the CTRL or SHIFT or something similar, was sticking. Try cleaning keyboard (can of air should suffice)
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
CapsLock maybe?
Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Tried all of that. When I try to use the button in Notepad it isn't stuck, if it was it would show.

Nothing happens when I hit that button again. All the other buttons, other than back up (S), work fine.

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

qqqqq wwwww e sss

See? The buttons are working fine. [Frown]

I just tried to start a completely new game, from the intro, and it isn't working. [Frown]

Kwea
Member # 2199

Uninstalled the game, and reinstalling it now.

If this doesn't work it is off to the store to buy a shiny new wireless keyboard and mouse. [Big Grin]

Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Do you know anybody you could borrow a keyboard and mouse from? Or could you borrow them from work? Not that either are really that expensive, but I'd be loath to spend the money on them just to do a little troubleshooting.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

I asked...I can return it within 30 days. [Big Grin]

I was thinking about getting a wireless keyboard and mouse anyway, so if it works it is all good. [Smile]

It is a Logitech, and was $38 with tax.

Kwea
Member # 2199

Well, it isn't the keyboard. [Frown]

I tried removing Oblivion, but when I loaded it all the plugins were still listed, so I deleted everyhitng, including saves. I made copies of the saves though. [Big Grin]

I am reinstalling it now, and hope that will cure whatevre is wrong with this.

Anyone have any ideas? I reset the controls to the default 3 times, and the "S" key was listed as backward movement, the "W" key as forward, and the "Q" key as "automove" which means move forward constantly.

Weird, huh?

Kwea
Member # 2199

OK, I am at a complete loss.

It isn't the keyboard, as this is a brand new one that works PERFECT with every single application other than Oblivion....

It isn't the in game controls, or a mod, as I did a complete fresh install and even on the new character, in the intro and cell it keeps moving forward...

I did the newest install from scratch, without any mods or even old saves.

I even tried to set different keys to move forward and "automove", but nothing changed.

I am really pissed at this point.

erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
Have you tried contacting customer support and/or checking the official game forums? Bethesda is usually pretty good about troubleshooting their products.
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Working on it now. I just hope nothing inside my computer is messed up, as I can't afford to have it fixed at this point. [Frown]
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
woah i was able to fix my glitch by reinstalling (saves are stored in my documents so i dint need to back them up) but i am also at a loss of what could cause this.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

The official forums are down, but I posted this at a couple of others.

The bad part is that despite an hour of google-fu and another hour of browsing forums....

I am the only person to ask about this so far.

That does not bode well. [Frown]

Kwea
Member # 2199

Talk about random solutions.....

It seems that even though Oblivion doesn't support, officialy, playing with a joystick, having one plugged in can intefere with teh keyboard commands. [Big Grin]

I had one plugged in the whole time I have been playing, but for some reason all of the sudden it was a problem.

Weird.

I DO like this keyboard, so I think I will keep it though. [Big Grin]

erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
Sweet. ^_^
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

It was weird that the joystick suddenly started interfering randomly, isn't it? [Smile]
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Was there recently an update to the game? Perhaps they've started working on adding joystick support.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clément Reader
Member # 9467

- posted      Profile for Clément Reader   Email Clément Reader         Edit/Delete Post 
I had the same thing once with Morrowind. I had to totally erase everything (game, mods and saves), then reinstall. Now it does work, it's one of bethesda's well known problems...
Posts: 2 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.