FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack Geek Topic Number One... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Hatrack Geek Topic Number One...
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, we all know the Tie fighter was quite deadly, but the majority of the Empires fleet was Tie Bombers, which didnt do so hot. Why not all Tie fighters?

Rhaegar

Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Mostly TIE Bombers? Since when?
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
Read the script of ROTJ undedited, it gives fleet stats.

Rhaegar

Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
I really think that the canon should only consist of the films and television shows as released. No unedited scripts, no fan fiction, no novelizations (or just novels, for that matter).

Now, the real question is whether to use the special edition Star Wars films or the original versions.

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Amen, Saxon. But I think that none of the novels should count. Have you read any of them? Timothy Zahn and Kevin J. Anderson wrote some decent stuff, but I don't think it's quite Star Wars. The rest is pretty much crap. Even Zahn's second series (the Thrawn duology, or whatever it was called) was pretty lame. And I think that since Lucas has said that the special editions are the definitive editions, you'd have to go with those.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

Ah, you misunderstand. By "or just novels" I meant that not even the novels that were original works and not merely transcripts of the films should count. So we're in agreement.

You know one of the things that always stuck in my craw about the special edition films? I was always just fine with thinking Han shot first.

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Yeah, me too. Was Lucas just trying to make Han look better? 'Cause I thought he wasn't supposed to look very good (no, not in that way) until he saves Luke at the end.
saxon75
Member # 4589

Exactly! He's supposed to be this selfish, sort of scummy mercenary type who in the end redeems himself at the last minute. Having him dodge a blaster bolt like a cowboy wrecks it for me.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.