FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Annie's Ice Cream Stand (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Annie's Ice Cream Stand
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
I've actually seen Cayenne Pepper used in some chocolate desserts. It's spiceyness is supposed to enhance the taste, especially on dark chocolate.

I love pulp... orange pulp, lemon pulp, grapefruit pulp, lime pulp. It's all good for me.

Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
One scoop of Pulp Surprise for Larisse.

And I'll testify to the power of cayenne and chocolate. Since I started making my own candy a couple years ago and invented my "Chocolates That Bite Back," I have at least 27 new best friends.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
(waits for her huckleberry sorbet)
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

And a big dish of chuckleberry for Ryuko!

(watch out, too much and you start singing about sandwiches in the middle of the night when you should be doing your homeweork)

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
(Eats voraciously)

(Through mouthfuls of ice cream) Yeah, but I know what you mean about the sandwiches... They have the best wheat bread here at my school... Mmmmm

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

I can't decide which is better: ice cream, sandwiches, or lovin'.
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Since I started making my own candy a couple years ago and invented my "Chocolates That Bite Back,"
Is it possible to get a recipe? Or is it one of those "I could tell you but I'd have to kill you" things?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

It just involves high quality dark chocolate, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper. Pour them out like Hershey kisses (keep them small!), and dust with powdered sugar and cinnamon.
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Do you have any coke back there?

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

*hands Hobbes a Coke*

yeah... ice cream is tough to eat on a bike

Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks! [Big Grin]

*Bikes off into the sunset with a Coke*

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
*wonders how the heck Erik can drink lemonade with chocolate*

Back in the day, when I could eat chocolate, one of my favorite things was German chocolate cake and fresh-squeezed lemonade. Makes my mouth water just to think about it.

Alas, 'tis not to be. Not unless I want a huge case of acid reflux. [Grumble]

Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Thanks, Annie. Err, approximate proportions?

And I'll have what Erik ordered -- yum! (the second time)

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KEGE
Member # 424

- posted      Profile for KEGE   Email KEGE         Edit/Delete Post 
Watch the movie Chocolat if you doubt the idea of spicy chocolate!

Annie - I thought you were giving us your "interpretations" of what our ice cream favorites said about our personality!?

I'd like either Dulce du Leche or Honey (only ever had this at Marble Slab Creamery in TX/LA).

note: need "yum" smiley to insert here

Posts: 874 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Perhaps something like this?
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
I do a different take on Chocolate and Hot. I drop some chocolate, darker the better, in my Chilli recipe.

However, salt and sweet go great together. I would like a Peanut Buster Parfait, but with good ice cream, not the DQ Squirts, and lots of salty peanuts.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chade Fallstar
Member # 5581

- posted      Profile for Chade Fallstar           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't suppose me asking for a scoop of chocolate chip and a coke would make Annie any happier with my boring choices?

If that won't work, I could use a roast beef sandwich with lettuce, pickles, black olives, and swiss cheese.

Posts: 155 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Chades. [Smile]
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chade Fallstar
Member # 5581

Hi Ralphie.
Posts: 155 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Annie, that was yummy! [Big Grin]

But is it going to get me in trouble with my Atkins diet? [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KEGE
Member # 424

rivka - that drooly smiley is perfect!
Posts: 874 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Can I have a big scoop of pineapple sorbet (like they used to have at Thrifty)? I've been craving some all week. [Frown] Maybe my mom and I can figure out how to duplicate it....
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

Alright KEGE - it is your lucky day. I've been really excited about honey for the last couple days for some reason, so I've mixed up just for you a batch of honeycomb ice cream; honey flavored with inexplicable crunchy bits and instead of granulated sugar, I use big crystals of raw sugar. It makes the ice cream sparkly.

And your penchant for the smooth and sweet does indeed say quite a bit about your personality. You've got a flair for the exotic, but you're also quite refined and you have flawless taste in matters of high culture. You're witty and quick, but suave enough to never come off as obnoxious. You really enjoyed Mr. Rogers's Neighborhood as a child [Smile]

For Chade it's a scoop of Chocolate Chip; nothing prosaic about it. He's a fun-loving, down-to-earth type of kid with a secret unexpressed love for all things Norwegian.

*hands Chade the ice cream and a coke in a classic glass bottle*

And if you're in the mood for a good sandwich, I'd reccommend Tony Caputo's, right down the virtual street about 3 blocks on your right.

And for Ludosti, a nice big serving of pineapple sorbet served in a frozen half-pineapple like it comes in Mexico. Garnished with mint leaves, of course.

She's also a high-class babe, but also a lover of tradition; she also looks great in khakis, a feat which few of us can successfully pull off.

ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Awww - the sorbet is perfect and I love the half pinapple bowl!!
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chade Fallstar
Member # 5581

All things Norwegian? I sure didn't see that one coming. I think the factory where I used to work sent some stuff to Norway, that's about as close as I've come to something Norwegian. Weird.
Annie
Member # 295

I didn't say my readings were accurate.

Here - have some chocolate syrup on that.

Chade Fallstar
Member # 5581

I think this is false advertising or something.

Thanks for the syrup.

Annie
Member # 295

No, you've definitely got secret Norwegian love going on. Maybe you just don't know it. Go buy yourself a troll.
Chade Fallstar
Member # 5581

Unfortunately, the troll store here went out of business last month. If I wanted a troll I'd have to order it online or something. That sounds like too much work.
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

- posted      Profile for Erik Slaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Just wait around here, Chade. A troll will show up sooner or later...
Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

I don't get a reading? [Frown]

Maybe with my next scoop? Hmm, let's make it mint chocolate chip. It's an old favorite of mine.

Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Reading? I didn't even get my second ice cream. [Cry]

PS. Want a troll? Build a bridge. A troll's natural habitat is underneath a bridge.

Just don't have any of those cruel and devious billy-goats around.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

Did I miss an order, Dan!?! Ever so sorry. What'll it be today?

For Rivka - I've got something even better - Montana Moose Moss. It's a tangy mint ice cream with chocolate mint-filled cups and a fudge ribbon. I think it's best eaten in a chocolate-dipped waffle cone. *hands it to Rivka*

And you gotta love the chocolate mint girl - she's spunky and witty and quite the tease. She's also highly fashionable in a quirky sort of way, and secretly collects Star Wars pez dispensers.

SANTA
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for SANTA           Edit/Delete Post 
I'll have peppermint!

[Wink]

Posts: 16 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

A little peppermint to Santa, who is feisty, spirited and... jolly.

And, he has really good taste in footwear.

Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like some ice cream please! Any flavor, so long as it's chocolate and has nuts...

Thanks!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I had my first coldstone. It was divine. Could you whip me up a scoop of cheesecake icecream with graham cracker crumbs and peanut butter cups?
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

ooh - Boon, here's my favorite European treat that I enjoyed once in Carnac, France and didn't shut up about for days:

One scoop of guambara (a really dark chocolate gelato) and one scoop of noisette (hazelnut) - it's like frozen nutella, but richer.

And this, of course, demonstrates your intensely female qualities. You're sultry, suave and confident and not a little mysterious. Plus, you have nice hair and never got caught up in the "hammer pants" fashion craze.

Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Perfect, on all counts...

...wanders off dreamily sucking on spoon...

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

Sure thing, muppet

*hands her a dish of the stuff*

This penchant for peanut butter and cheesecake is a sure sign of a quirky, flirty type. You love Japanimation and often wear the color pink.

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Annie,
Could I please have two scoops of Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Mystic Mint ice cream, which no longer exists?

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
mmmm...Annie has another satisfied customer.
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Annie, look at the trouble you have caused!!!!!!!

"Moscow's Bolshoi Theater was embroiled in a high-profile row on Thursday with an ice-cream-loving ballerina it says is too heavy for ballet partners to lift...

'I love ice cream so much that I can't imagine life without it," she said in a statement handed out at the news conference.'"

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=573&ncid=757&e=2&u=/n m/20030912/od_nm/russia_ballerina_dc

[ September 14, 2003, 03:42 PM: Message edited by: Elizabeth ]

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KEGE
Member # 424

Annie - you're right on target except I don't remember watching Mr. Rogers but did watch Captain Kangaroo and Buckskin Bill. I gotta believe that Mr. Rogers probably watched THEM too!

I'll need LARGE quantities of your Honeycomb Special sent me right away because it sounds really yummy!
[Big Grin]

rivka
Member # 4859

Ooh, Annie that does sound divine! *samples* Mmm, it is!

Right on target with everything until the pez dispensers. [Wink] Star TREK, not Star Wars. [Big Grin]

Chade Fallstar
Member # 5581

Ok Annie, give me your weirdest thing today. What is the strangest ice cream I can eat?
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

It's really hot here. How about a nice refreshing sorbet? Not really picky, just as long as it's icy and citrusy.
Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wieczorek
Member # 5565

- posted      Profile for wieczorek   Email wieczorek         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
[Smile]

"Remember, the enemy's gate is down"

Posts: 667 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

Alright - for Elizabeth is my closest approximation to Mystic Mint. I, too, was saddenned at its loss, but it appears to have gone the way of Wavy Gravy. Dommage! And I knew you would be asking for something like this, since you have always struck me as the socially conscious type. You dress conservatively and vote liberally and find yourself at home in the solving of moral dilemmas. You also have a strange quirky admiration for something involving buffalo, but the ethers are a little unclear on that one.
*hand Elizabeth a frosty dish*

I claim no responsibility for the Russian ballerina debacle. Apparently the surgeon general's warning on my packaging mis-translated somewhere. It probably has something to do with my inability to type even standard diacritical marks, much less the cyrillic alphabet, on my keyboard.

*Packs a to-go pint of honeycomb for KEGE, and hands a cone to Rivka* Inexplicably attractive, no?

And for Chade it's Casbah Cream - an almond icecream with chunks of halvah, discreetly flavored with coriander and sprinkled with bits of sesame seed brickle.

And we all know what that says about your personality...
You're trendy and unadventurous and watch a little too much American Idol [Evil]

And for Erik (my best customer) - how about some Mexican Lime sorbet that is just as good as a margarita with none of the worries about amoebas in the ice.

*hands it to Erik in a salt-rimmed glass*

Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

YEAH!!! [Cool]
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.