FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » It's my day to waste how I want (was 'sndrake-centered quiz') (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: It's my day to waste how I want (was 'sndrake-centered quiz')
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmmm....all these people are mentally deranged?
Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maethoriell
Member # 3805

- posted      Profile for Maethoriell   Email Maethoriell         Edit/Delete Post 
Who knows?
Posts: 4628 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
My kids are always trying to sing "feliz cumpleanos" and they really have no clue. They will pronounce it wrong 10 different ways in the same verse.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll have y'all know my age is quite young for a hobbit. Not to mention trees and tortoises. But I have more in common with hobbits than I do with trees and tortoises. [Wink]
Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

quote:
..and your definition of youngsters is???
Definition: "youngsters are those people who refer to me as old." [Razz]

It's a good, functional definition. Notice the elegant circularity of the logic. [Wink]

[ November 22, 2003, 03:19 PM: Message edited by: sndrake ]

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maethoriell
Member # 3805

- posted      Profile for Maethoriell   Email Maethoriell         Edit/Delete Post 
Well you are old. [Big Grin]
Posts: 4628 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Birthday sndrake!

[Party]

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

Only two years till your a half a century, right?

[ROFL]

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, that IS old! [Wink]
Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Wishing you all the joy of this most special day and all the days to come.
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

quote:
Only two years till your a half a century, right?
Yep - 2 more years until the AARP invitation arrives in the mail. [Smile]

I just figured out that I am 336 years old in "dog years."

Kayla
Member # 2403

I have nothing to look forward to when I'm old. Since I'm on Medicare already, the AARP database thinks I'm retired. I already get all their junk mail. Stuff like "retirement community apartments" and so forth.
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope your day was restful and wonderful. [Smile]

quote:
Yep - 2 more years until the AARP invitation arrives in the mail.
I got mine almost year ago. I have rarely laughed that hard.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

Thanks all - today was a total waste. In other words, an absolutely great day. We actually managed to watch 4 movies today. It's been a very long time since Diane and I have devoted a total day to that kind of passive entertainment. Caught the original "Village of the Damned" on cable - it plays very well for a 43-year-old film and is still superior the the remake of it with Christopher Reeve. Next was Austin Powers - "Goldmember." Probably the weakest movie of any we saw this weekend. That was a cable offering as well.

Finally got around to watching "Matrix Reloaded." Finished up with "Finding Nemo." One of the good things about not having much time to watch movies is that when we actually do get a chance to rent a few, the shelves are filled with stuff we haven't seen and want to.

I guess if this thread has taught me anything, it's this: No matter what some people think, at least AARP doesn't think I'm old. Either that, or I'm just not in any of their target demographic areas.

Got another nice present, btw. There's a Reno newspaper online that has an article online now - the Sunday edition has quite a bit from me and has my picture in it. (And the resemblance to a hobbit is quite pronounced.)

'night and thanks to all. I'm to bed.

[Sleep]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.