FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Digital IQ and Mythbusters (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Digital IQ and Mythbusters
Kyle Katarn
Member # 3567

- posted      Profile for Kyle Katarn   Email Kyle Katarn         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, it takes a while to get past the ugly exterior of the Mac's for a guy like that to actually BUY one.
Posts: 85 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking as a network administrator who's been dealing with Panther networking bugs all morning, it's worth noting that there's currently a flaw in Panther that permits any authenticated user to gain write access to any AFP share in the same realm. You could probably do quite a bit with that, if you wanted. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayelar
Member # 183

- posted      Profile for Ayelar   Email Ayelar         Edit/Delete Post 
True, true.... but Apple has an excellent track record for fixing such things quickly and thoroughly.

And being able to fiddle with your officemate's pictures folder is a far cry from crippling a large percentage of computers in the U.S. When you're talking users in the same subnet, you're usually talking physical access, anyhow, and a ball-peen hammer would have a much more devastating impact. [Smile]

Still, I'm sorry Panther is causing trouble for you. I've held off on updating until I really need to. Why fix what ain't broke?

Posts: 2220 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
You could use that as an exploit, Tom, but its not nearly a widespread enough circumstance to be a terribly effective virus.

I shall have to play around with that bug, though [Smile] .

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey hey, I scored a 13! It took me until question 43 to even have a positive score. [Blushing] It would have been even lower except we have some stuff like a wireless connection at home that I had nothing to do with. Yikes. [Wink]

[ November 18, 2003, 06:58 PM: Message edited by: hansenj ]

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
Another gripe: one of the questions asked where you check your personal email, but only allowed you to pick one place.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
My digital IQ score was three points off my tested IQ score from fourth grade. o_O

I also use a PDA. It comes in incredibly handy for carrying tons of info and for scheduling, as I have tons of appointments and tons of paperwork.

Digital is cleaner.

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asQmh
Member # 4590

- posted      Profile for asQmh   Email asQmh         Edit/Delete Post 
dIQ: 213.

I think I have too many gadgets.

Q.

Posts: 499 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.