FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Finals (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Finals
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Finals: 1
Me: 1

...the tiebreaker is tomorrow...

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HollowEarth
Member # 2586

- posted      Profile for HollowEarth   Email HollowEarth         Edit/Delete Post 
If your class is a joint grad - undergrad class, always make sure that you are clear on what won't be on the undergrad test, unlike what i just did.
Posts: 1621 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh - in my undergrad/grad classes, it's usually the grad students who need extra help.

*refrains from making rude comments about fine arts grad students in undrgrad art history courses*

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HollowEarth
Member # 2586

- posted      Profile for HollowEarth   Email HollowEarth         Edit/Delete Post 
naw I didn't need extra help. I just studied the wrong stuff.

You see we never had any homework due in this class. So the 'homework' we were given was never looked at discussed etc etc. So when I went to study I first did the homeworks that I hadn't done, and spent all my time on what it seemed i didn't know from there.

However this ignored the finicky details of some of the other stuff that i did need to know.

Somehow it seems to me that the grad students are getting short changed by this, i mean they get the same lectures, (only once all term did he point out something they had to know that we did not.) And the whole first level of grad inorganic chem is the same as undergrad inorganic chem. Not my problem I guess.

Posts: 1621 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyra
Member # 6014

- posted      Profile for Lyra           Edit/Delete Post 
Finals are evil. [Wall Bash]
I really can't take it any more... 4 years of high school only to come to college and have both midterms AND finals...AUUUUGH
I have 2 on next Monday, and a writing portfolio due then. On Tuesday I have 2 more exams. Luckily I only have one on Wednesday. I think my professors want to kill me! [Cry]

[ December 09, 2003, 10:29 PM: Message edited by: Lyra ]

Posts: 8 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
Time for the final push! I'm completely done with five of my nine classes. (*small party*) However, it is now time to get myself in gear and write these two last stupid papers! (Both are due tomorrow at 5:00 and I haven't started either one. [Embarrassed] )

As a result, I am not allowed to come back to Hatrack (among many other things I'm not allowed to do [Wink] ) until after the two papers have been safely turned in tomorrow.

Good luck to everyone else!

Until tomorrow... [Smile]

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, if you think it can't get any worse, think about my finals schedule.

I came down with strep throat Tuesday night. I did turn in the massive portfolio and make the interview then. Wednesday I had two finals and a project due. I was so sick I completed none of them. Luckily, my professors are letting me take the finals tomorrow—I just hope I'm better. Today I had a paper due, which I also didn't get done. The professor for that class is letting me turn that in late. I am now on antibiotics, but I still feel terrible, and I can't even think about how much I have to do still, and I feel that every minute I stay sick is one less minute to finish the things I have to do.

[/whining rant] Sorry to complain here, but Jon Boy's heard it all already. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh no! [Frown]

(((((Brinestone)))))

*makes a bowl of chicken soup*

Here, this will help.

Feel better soon, and good luck!

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

[Frown] That's terrible, Ruth! Let me know if there's anything I can do for you! (Though I'm sure Jon Boy is taking good care of you. [Smile] ) But honestly, I have an extremely open finals week, so if there's anything you need (you know, chicken soup, cookies, whatever...) I'd be happy to help!

(Psst! You didn't see me here. I finished the papers, but I still have a few revisions to do, and I promise I won't come back again until after I have safely turned them in. [Wink] [Big Grin] )

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

OK, so sorry for resurrecting this thread over and over. It seems people just want it to die (probably ignoring finals, right? [Wink] ), but I just have to announce: I'm DONE! [Big Grin] I have three more exams, but compared to the stress of this week they're nothing.

That said, this thread can now die in peace. [Smile]

Good luck all! [Big Grin]

Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
My astronomy exam does not want to be studied for. Nor do I want to study for it. Why must we be forced into this tragic studying relationship? Why? [Cry]

My linguistics final, on the other hand, did not need to be studied for. It was a good final. *pets ling final*

Tomorrow before noon, I will be done. [Smile]

Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
It's all downhill from here on out. I've got a couple of papers to wrap up and a few finals to take (Old English and semantics should be the easiest, followed by Welsh and then editing).

Well, at least one person in my household is having a good finals experience now. . . .

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BYuCnslr
Member # 1857

- posted      Profile for BYuCnslr   Email BYuCnslr         Edit/Delete Post 
Mmmm...I just turned in my final essay (4 days to answer 3 questions) for one class, I'm completely sure I failed it because I had 1 day to write it (I was completely sick the other three), and in 45 minutes I have a Chinese final, which yet again I'm going to completely and utterly fail. tomorrow is my poli sci exam, which I'm debating on not taking (for it's not required), I suppose I'll look at the documents, and then see, and Monday I have a sit in exam that consists of three more essay questions. Goodness I love being sick during finals week.
Satyagraha

Posts: 1986 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
Bernard, you may find that your professors will be more lenient than you think. Mine have been amazing. I mean, I'll still be busy next week, but I have been allowed a few days' slack for being sick, meaning everything will come due Monday or Tuesday next week, after I'm all better, instead of Wednesday or Thursday this previous week. I don't know. Maybe it's too late now to ask for mercy on the Chinese and essay finals, but maybe not.
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Conquistei!!!!

Ah. Life is much better. I went to the Moonstruck Chocolate Cafe for hot chocolate to celebrate.

Ahhhhhhhh....

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Koga
Member # 5646

- posted      Profile for Koga   Email Koga         Edit/Delete Post 
I have two finals tomarrow, one of which I might actually be able to pass.
Posts: 733 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

Yay for Narnia!

I love Moonstruck! Brigitte took me there - I had the Mayan hot chocolate with all kinds of Mexican goodness.

Congratulations, lady!

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyra
Member # 6014

- posted      Profile for Lyra           Edit/Delete Post 
I have 5 finals next week... and I did not sleep last night at all.. I stayed up all night with one of my high school friends working on Physics Labs. College can really be a jerk I am quickly finding out. I have been up for oooh about 38 hours straight now I think. I am becoming delirious, so why am I posting here still??? It's so addictive!!!!!*looks innocent*
*runs and jumps into bed to sleep for at least 12 hours*
YAAAAAAY... but boo because i have to spend from now unil 10:30 next Wed either studying for exams, writing my portfolio, or worrying about studying for exams while procrastinating. *sigh* such is life though neh? [Dont Know]

Posts: 8 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
I felt it was appropriate to ressurect this thread during my five minute Hatrack break while writing my final paper for American Politics. I'm on page 4 out of 8 and it's due at noon. 7 hours 20 minutes to go! And then there's the other paper... and the two essays... and the two finals I have to study for.
::dies::

Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

You'll make it RRR!! I have nothing but love and sympathy for you all.

I got sick, yea the very DAY after finals ended. So now I'm sick on Christmas break, but I guess I should be happy that I made it over the finish line beFORE I collapsed. (I'm trying to see the positive side of everything. [Wink] ) Brinestone and Bernard, I hope you're doing better. (and anyone else that's sick.)

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

Annie is done!

(techinically, she is done with her finals... saying nothing about the 200 other people's finals she is responsible for before tomorrow at 5:00. But this is beside the point)

Let the wild rumpus start!

Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
(To the tune of, "Ya ba ba ba ba DA! Ya da da da da da.")

I've got one exam left!
Only one exam left.

This time tomorrow, I'm done. Of course, no sleep for me tonight. But then, how is that different from any of the other exams I've written this term?

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Mage
Member # 5800

- posted      Profile for Black Mage           Edit/Delete Post 
WOW! I mean, wow!

My SPanish final was easy! I studied so hard and it was, like, basic. It's like getting a battering ram, you know, backing up a good distance, then just when you're about to hit the door someone opens it and now the momentum's carrying you onward and you're slightly off-balance and wondering when and if you'll hit a wall.

Thanks to Terry Pratchett for a good simile I could paraphrase.

Posts: 767 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Yay you guys!! I'm proud of you!! [Big Grin]
sarahdipity
Member # 3254

- posted      Profile for sarahdipity   Email sarahdipity         Edit/Delete Post 
I finished my finals today. I then went and saw Return of the King. Now I'm sitting up working on something else. It's almost like work is some strange drug I can't get off of.
Posts: 872 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
I have my last exam at 9 am, and I haven't studied for it at all. I went to bed at 3:30 and got up at 5. Sigh. And it's my birthday! What a great day to fail an exam.
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Birthday RRR!

[The Wave]

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm done, I'm done! All three evil papers in, and only 16 final exams left to grade, and I'm DONE DONE DONE!

For me, this was the semester that just would not die!

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
According to my teacher friends, finals is FABULOUS when you're a teacher. Dead week and finals are play time!
o_O

The earliet I have been to bed this week is 1 am last night. Two days this week it's been 2 am, and two days (counting Sunday night) it's been 4 am. And that's been wrapping up the quarter and preparing my finals and keys. I've only actually graded two out of my six classes. The rest of the grading is coming home with me for over the break.

Your friends are dirty liars, and I hate them.

[Razz]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.