FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack Infirmiry (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Hatrack Infirmiry
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
OK, so I think I will go in a bed and sleep the most time possible. *sigh*
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liquor and Fireworks
Member # 5785

- posted      Profile for Liquor and Fireworks   Email Liquor and Fireworks         Edit/Delete Post 
I have strep throat(waites for everyone to back away in fear) and a bizarre sleep schedule, can I have some pills?
I'm supposedly not contagious anymore, you guys can stop backing away now.

Posts: 331 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
::gives some medicine to Liqor and Fireworks and lays him down in a bed::

Hmn... Slow day today... ::goes back to dinsinfecting the thread::

Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Today was my first day back to work, after being out sick for a week. Thank goodness, I had a fairly easy day, but I could still use a nice nap. Got a spare bed for me?

**Ela**

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
Of course, dear, and some hot cocoa or tea if you want to help you sleep.
Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

::waters the flowers:: I'm glad to see everyone's feeling better. ::continues wiping desk::
ana kata
Member # 5666

- posted      Profile for ana kata   Email ana kata         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm feeling much better now, too. Thanks, Mayday! Your excellent care made a big difference! [Smile]
Posts: 968 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
I would say the same than ana kata. My headache is gone and I feel courageous enough to fce the world... Thank you !
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

::laughs:: I'm glad the two of you are feeling better... Maybe some of our OTHER patients could learn from you. ::continues to take care of Bernard and Correlle, staying up late studying for finals and taking care of them::
Ela
Member # 1365

I enjoyed my nap yesterday so much that I came back for another one today...and again it was just delightful. [Smile]
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Now see Ela, I read that without the first "nap", reads rather well still, but quite differently. [Laugh]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooooh! I want the down comforter!!!

[Sleep] [Sleep] [Sleep]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

::covers Raia with the comforter, and gives some soup to Ela and Hobbes:: [Wink] ::goes back to studying for finals::
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

::looks around sneaky-sneaky and climbs into a free bed:: Oooh... Should have gotten the flu shot... Hey, at least finals week is over for me. Think I'll take a little snoozer... [Sleep]
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a sinus infection. I didnt go to school yesterday or today. I spent 2 hours and 45 minutes waiting to see the doctor yesterday, and still didnt get to see him. Today I had to wait until 2:30pm for the doctor to call my house and ask me what symptoms I had, then he said he'd call CVS and have them get me some anti-biotics.
Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

- posted      Profile for fiazko   Email fiazko         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm recovering from the flu. I work third shift, so I sleep during the day. Well, Monday through Wednesday, I slept straight through until it was time to go back to work. Then Wednesday night, after I got to work, the chills and body aches began and got worse and worse. They let me go at 4am. I went home, put on a sweatshirt and pj pants, threw a sleeping bag over my blanket and comforter, and spent the next six hours awake with fever, chills, headache, body aches, waiting for the fever to break. The most miserable six hours I've had in a very long time. Now I'm taking it easy at a friend's house even though I should be at work. It's so nice to have a job with sick time.

Now that I'm through whining, my sympathies to all the other sick people.

Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

::gets out of bed, feeds medicine to CalvinMaker and fiazko, and sets them into beds:: Poor things, lots of rest. fiazko, when you think you can manage something to eat, let me know so I can give you something other than ginger ale.
ana kata
Member # 5666

- posted      Profile for ana kata   Email ana kata         Edit/Delete Post 
<Gives Mayday some hot chicken soup.>

<Tucks a blanket around her.>

Uh oh, you caught something from your patients! Rest and get better soon!

Posts: 968 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

(((ana kata))) Aw... Thanks. But no, I think I'm just sleep deprived from staying up way too late studying for that acursed computer science test. ::eats soup:: Mmmm... Annie was right, sick food really IS the best food...
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
I guess I should be in here, considering I have strep throat.
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

::feeds Brinestone some medicine:: Y'all get better soon! I want a clear sick bay by Christmas!
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Last night I was so sick I didn't even want to post on Hatrack :gasp:. I watched TV instead. I had the aches and fatigue. I guess I should go take more vitamins now. I go back and forth between "I wish I were dead" and "Please God, I'm only kidding about dying, I really want to live and be healthy, and I'll try to be a better person."
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liquor and Fireworks
Member # 5785

- posted      Profile for Liquor and Fireworks   Email Liquor and Fireworks         Edit/Delete Post 
YAY! I don't feel like I dropped acid and walked into someone else's dream anymore! (Those two combined can mess a guy up)
*walks out of thread without realizing he's wearing no underwear and the back of his hospital gown is opened*

Posts: 331 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

::chases after Liquor and Fireworks and puts him to bed, along with pooka:: Shhh... Sleep... ::plays some soothing music::
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I kept myself up coughing two nights in a row, even though I thought I was getting better. [Frown] I hate having asthma... And I need a flu shot. (pout)
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BYuCnslr
Member # 1857

- posted      Profile for BYuCnslr   Email BYuCnslr         Edit/Delete Post 
:: takes a look at Mayday ::
What are you doing up? You're sick too!
:: feeling much better now ::
:: tucks mayday into bed ::
:: starts dispensing hot chocolate ::
Who ordered the french vanilla?
Satyagraha

Posts: 1986 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

I just needed a little nap, Bernard. [Kiss] Thank you, dear.

::gives Ryuko some medicine and lays her down in a bed:: Sleep, dear, get better.

[ December 14, 2003, 01:06 AM: Message edited by: MaydayDesiax ]

Ela
Member # 1365

Oops, went back to work today after some days off...I feel a headache coming on. [Frown]

I need a nice soft bed for a nap. [Smile]

MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

::lays Ela into a bed, and takes a dose of medicine herself:: Sigh... *sniffle* Sigh again...
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.