FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Read this first -- AGAIN! (first posted Jan 2004) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Read this first -- AGAIN! (first posted Jan 2004)
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Am I the only person that has no idea what this thread is about?
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
sndrake, so you were responsible.

You have been exposed, sir!

Er, that is, by yourself. Does this mean you are wearing a raincoat? *suspicious look

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
Mr Potiero- no, you aren't.
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
Sadly, the only raincoats I have ever owned have been the bright yellow rubbery kind.

I have been told they do not meet muster with current standards of "flasher chic." [Wink]

[ March 16, 2004, 10:41 PM: Message edited by: sndrake ]

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skrika03
Member # 5930

- posted      Profile for skrika03   Email skrika03         Edit/Delete Post 
Just do what the title says, mans.

(I was going to say aka pooka, but I guess that would lead to some confusion. Oh well. I'm pooka on landmark exile)

Posts: 383 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a theory, but this seems too hush-hush for my guesses to be appreciated. I will keep my thoughts to myself.
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knightswhosayni!
Member # 4096

- posted      Profile for knightswhosayni!   Email knightswhosayni!         Edit/Delete Post 
::hugs CT::

I'm glad this thread is here, cause I've been tempted to troll lately. Promise I won't.

Ni!

Posts: 828 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Just do what the title says, mans.
So I'm not supposed to post on some other unnamed thread because somebody else may or may not be a troll?
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

There was a long (and well-written stylewise) post about weight concerns some time ago. Although the style was of quality, the content sucked, and there were several cheap and cruel shots just made for effect. I hated to think of some of my friends here reading about being compared to (what was it -- an outhouse? a toilet?), so I made a side thread to try to ward off bumpage while I waited for Kathryn to clean it up.

I wanted it to disappear off the first page.

Looks like there is something inflammatory up now, and so somebody (sndrake! sndrake! [Big Grin] ) ghostbumped this thread.

I have no vested interest in this particular fight, but I do admit to a pleasant buzz at being remembered. Ahhh ...

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Porter, heck, do what you want. Nobody can smack your fingers here (except for Kathryn and Kristine), but they can ask nicely.

Like with "please," as in the start of the thread.

But jimminy cricket, if you really wanted to snort jujubees on the Ides of March, would we stop you? Nope. We'd think it was a waste of some good jujubees, but that still is your choice.

Please, though -- don't waste your jujubees.

[ March 16, 2004, 10:58 PM: Message edited by: ClaudiaTherese ]

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

(((Becky)))

(I'd still be on your side, you know. I'm just pro-kwsni that way. [Smile] )

Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't understand what thread or person this is referring to.
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skrika03
Member # 5930

Actually, wouldn't jujubees be rather difficult to extricate? (I'm not the troll, am I?) It doesn't have to be specific. Not feeding the trolls is always a good idea.

[ March 16, 2004, 11:04 PM: Message edited by: skrika03 ]

Posts: 383 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

CT -- I'm just slightly annoyed at being asked to do something, but not being told what I exactly I have been asked to do.

I'll survive.

[ March 16, 2004, 11:08 PM: Message edited by: mr_porteiro_head ]

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Porter, I am delighted to be resisted by such a gentleman. [Hat]

pooka, no, I think sndrake may have meant the "We" thread.

skrika03
Member # 5930

I think I know who wrote the "We." thread and I think they (androgynous use of they) have a point. Though obviously I wouldn't put it quite like that. So I deleted my Lamest Dobie Ever.
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
This thread seems appropriate right now.
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
Must be for something I skipped.
Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
So a troll is someone who crosses the line from snarky to downright rude? Heck, there's a couple people here I just skip over so I can avoid that exact problem. [Big Grin]
Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
:ba da bump:
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
I _think_ this has to do with Stargate's latest reincarnation, but don't quote me.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

Why do you all keep replying?
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Cuz as Pratchett proved, with a little effort even trolls can be civilized into becoming productive citizens.
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, there have been a feew people who started rough here, but came around...

For a while I thought it might happen again, but one thing I learned from this...

I will never again defend someone because they have been less rude of late.

It's just asking to be stabbed in the back.

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

[ROFL]

Not that it's warranted. It's just another part of the code of the brotherhood of the little black book.

Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

Actually, I doubt I was influential enough to rate a mention in the little black book [Grumble]
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
You're in mine. [Wink]
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.