FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hey Bob, Roomba Question (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Hey Bob, Roomba Question
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm suspicious of the Roomba. My big vacuum cleaner has a big vacuum cleaner bag for all the dirt to go into. The Roomba is little. There is no big vacuum cleaner bag. So where does all the dirt go? I've seen the ads for those where they putt-putt around the room and then head under the bed for a spell. I do believe that they are binging on room dirt, and then bulimically vomiting it up under the furniture. I am not interested in taking on a household appliance with an eating disorder.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
I have a small place, and it's mostly hardwood...but I think it would be good to have a dustbuster or something to help clean up. Would a Roomba be a good choice, then? The only room in my condo with carpet is the bedroom, which to me is not enough to warrant a large vaccuum taking up space.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
pH, my upstairs is all hardwood, with rugs, and it gets the floor really shiny clean, plus does the rugs well too. I would recommend it!
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
I do enjoy a clean floor...and I'm always afraid of mopping it; it's in really, really nice condition, and I'm afraid I'm going to mess it up.

Hmmmm. I am owed graduation gifts soon...

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Is it ElJay that has a Scooba (the mopping version of the Roomba)?
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OlavMah
Member # 756

- posted      Profile for OlavMah   Email OlavMah         Edit/Delete Post 
The Dyson is a push vacuum, so it doesn't run by itself. I am considering getting a Scooba, because the robot was so convenient.
Posts: 700 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
A Roomba story
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Lol, Cay! I read that thing! It's hilarious. Funny thing is that my cats don't care that much. They were a bit leery at first, but much less so than of the real vacuum cleaner, which they flee like the pest.

After a while they realized it didn't move very fast, and stayed on the floor, and they were like meh, annoying little thing but it does get the floors clean.

They like things clean. Cats are quite fastidious.

Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
If anyone is considering buying one of these, you may be interested in today's woot.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
We had a Kirby that's engine blew out. It was a gift from my mom's friend who was moving out of a huge farmhouse into an appartment, and I don't think my family ever filled out any change of ownership forms. But we do still have it. The biggest problem was it was nearly impossible to get up and down our spiral staircase.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
Tatiana:

I was trying to read it out loud with my younger daughter (10) and we were giggling, snorting and laughing loudly. We had to take turns because I would read a bit, and couldn't go on for the tears in my eyes from laughter. [ROFL]

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.