FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » NYC Jatraquero meeting... No, you're not invited. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: NYC Jatraquero meeting... No, you're not invited.
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, mack, but trust me, staying in West Point isn't as cool as staying within walking distance of, well, _everything_ in NYC.

[Smile]

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
Then again, Bok, mack doesn't drink, really, so it's not like the hotel needs to be within staggering distance...

[Wink]

Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

Yeah, but the while the city never sleeps, a lot of the long-distance public transit does. When you two are having the time of your lives (which I hope for), only to have it cut off at 11pm so you can catch the last train, or find your car in a garage (paying absurd amounts for parking), realize that the subway runs all night and you could be out until the wee hours having a blast, and taking the subway right to the Arlington Hotel much later [Smile]

Just saying...

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the heads up, but we're well aware of that. Jexx promised to hunt us down and kill us repeatedly if we didn't come back to her place for dinner, so we'll be leaving the city in the late afternoon.

Personally, I can only afford to be killed once, and I take the prospect of repeated death pretty seriously.

[Big Grin]

[ March 09, 2004, 07:58 PM: Message edited by: FlyingCow ]

Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
*snaps up credit, even though she doesn't know why*

I think my reaction to the two of you chatting was "D'oy! I wish I'd thought of that!" Because I know you both and you seem like a good fit from where _I_ stand, anyway.

You could still have absolutely no chemistry or something. Hairy Moles, Foot Odor, whatever. [Razz]

But I doubt it. [Big Grin]

You'll just have to name a baby after me. [Wink]

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

*mutters*

Stupid homicidal Jatraqueras...

[Wink]

I think you made the right choice FC

-Bok

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*giggle*

Interesting choice, Olivet -- emphasizing the "I" that way . . .

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't threaten to kill you, Airborne Bovine.

I threatened you.

But not fatally.

*evil grin*

Yes, I will get on AIM.

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

So guys, will the Freak Snow Storm tonight affect your arrival time in NY?

And no, I don't think I *will* get on AIM, thank you. [Razz]

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
NO! IT WON'T!

*runs in circles*

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

Today's the day!

w00t!

BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
When Mack types
*runs in circles*

I get this mental image of a generic Newfoundland-like brown dog, chasing its tail.

But wait... I thought Flying Cow was going to be the one chasing tail...

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!]

AnnaJo, I am horrified.

*subliminates

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

(i.e., directly becomes vaporous [Big Grin] )
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

I guess cows have tails too.

(and yes I got your joke CT... you didn't have to condense it to make it clear)

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

[ROFL]

It's just a phase I'm going through.

BannaOj
Member # 3206

ack now I've got this mental image of a big brown dog chasing a Holstein around in circles.

What happens if they colloid?

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

I can't even absorb the thought. It's an amalgamation of bad ideas!
BannaOj
Member # 3206

If they do get together they could have a eutectoid situation on their hands, hooves? Paws?
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

The question is too diffuse! I can't handle it. [Cry]
sarahdipity
Member # 3254

- posted      Profile for sarahdipity   Email sarahdipity         Edit/Delete Post 
My car has a new oil change! I'm meeting mack in about 2 hrs. wheee. I'm even getting to the point where I'm not worried about getting my homework done or about the fact my house is still a disaster.
Posts: 872 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

I thought it was quite concrete!

Will Flying Cow's foaming at the mouth turn Mack's knees to gel?

[ March 19, 2004, 11:19 AM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

jexx
Member # 3450

AJ,
You have given me (yes) the vapors.

*sigh*

Sarah, if you don't worry about MY house being a mess, I won't worry about YOUR house being a mess. [Big Grin] Seriously. If you have clutter issues, we'd just better have dinner at the Burger King. Hee.

BannaOj
Member # 3206

I think I punned about all of the exotic phases there are... though CT could delve into partical physics and end up in the plasma somewhere.

AJ

[ March 19, 2004, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

jexx
Member # 3450

I just talked to mack on the phone, she'll be leaving for NY in about an hour.

I can't wait!

Whee!

jexx
Member # 3450

Well, I would have posted an update last night, but the internet was broken. *frown*

Flying Cow accused me of breaking the internet myself, but it was clearly not true because my husband said it wasn't working earlier, so obviously my Husband broke the internet. So there!

I'll post more later, but let me use this opportunity to apologize to sarahdipity for leaving her alone(-ish, my husband was there) with my six year old son while she made all the chocolate chip cookies. I had to go to the hotel to drop off mack's things and let Flying Cow follow me to my house so he wouldn't get lost. Poor Sarah! At least the dogs were still in their boxes, at that point! [Wink]

Also: apparently boxerdogs have hive-producing drool. I thought I was just really allergic to my dog, but everyone else got red welts after petting him! Poor everyone.

Tonight mack cooks for us--yay!

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.