FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Bump! (..The Immortal Thread..) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Bump! (..The Immortal Thread..)
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Hatrack, Chizpurfle. [Hat] Don't worry, his hair freaks everybody out at first.

Bumpy, we can talk about jello.

There, consider yourself purposified.

Bump.

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bumpy
Member # 6297

- posted      Profile for Bumpy   Email Bumpy         Edit/Delete Post 
Jello? No.. I won't allow that to become this threads topic.. how about Halo?- My favorite thing to do in that game is to come up behind them and give them a nice bump on the head with the handle of my shotgun..

Bump.

Posts: 23 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chizpurfle
Member # 6255

- posted      Profile for Chizpurfle   Email Chizpurfle         Edit/Delete Post 
The point? Post count. Duh.

Do you know how high people raised there post count from the Last Post thread? Yeah, a whole lot, that's what. Years with my other screen names and I only have a little under 100 posts combined. Threads like these are a jack pot for low posters like me.

*nods empathetically* Genius thread, Bumpy.

*bump*

Posts: 35 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

Oh, so you're just a pseudo-newbie?

Well, forget my welcome then! I refuse to welcome anybody who's been here longer than me.

:::raises nose the the sky, 'hmph's, and walks out:::

And bump.

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
Which is exactly why I think postcounts are fairly useless in determining someones worth to a forum. I would take one one intelligent post to 100 posts of forum pollution like this thread. Does it really deserve to be on the front page?

At least the hug thread has a purpose and makes a lot of people happy. Threads like the last post thread and this one deserve to be on some other forum, you know, like the thousands of lame ones out there.

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chizpurfle
Member # 6255

- posted      Profile for Chizpurfle   Email Chizpurfle         Edit/Delete Post 
Xavier: Aw, shucks. I was only kidding. [Smile]

This thread is rather fun, no? It's nice to come home to a thread of mindless fluff after plowing through all the heavier threads all day.

*bump*

Posts: 35 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

Well, I mean, its not so bad right now.

If it is still here in a month I really will be mad though.

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting point, Xavier. And to some degree I agree.

However, one of the things I love about Hatrack is that it makes room -- with grace and courtesy -- for threads of all kinds (except those that violate the user agreement, natch).

As for "deserve" . . . [Dont Know] I don't claim to judge deserving-ness of threads. I leave that to our hosts and/or the consensus of Hatrack.

There are forty threads on the front page -- surely a few can be pure nonsensical fluff without any problem? After all, no one's making anyone click on a thread they dislike -- there tend to be a number at any given time that I am studiously ignoring. [Wink]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

Xavier,

I agree that a postcount is an impractical way to measure somebody's worth to the forum, but silly threads like these are just as much a part of Hatrack as the controversial debates and emotional attachment of its members. It may just be me, but if Hatrack was all cake and no frosting, I'd get a heart-attack.

[ March 08, 2004, 02:21 AM: Message edited by: Da_Goat ]

rivka
Member # 4859

Almost forgot! [No No]

ker-BUMP!

[Evil]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

Don't get me wrong, I love fluff. The BTQ thread is one of my favs.

I just prefer my fluff to be at least somewhat funny, or interesting in some way.

Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
[Grumble] grumpy old timers.
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

Back in your box newbie! [Wink]

[Kiss]

Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
Floppy says:

Shut up stupid Xavier.

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bumpy
Member # 6297

Bump.

(It may not be annoying quite yet.. but give it a few months.. seeing this pointless thread all the time is going to make people send bombs to my house)

Posts: 23 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm back......bump. OWWW!!!!!!!
*decides it is time to go to dinner*

bye again

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Bump. Wow, that's actually funny !
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bumpy
Member # 6297

Bump.
rivka
Member # 4859

[Sleep]
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Ciabola, Ciabola, Bumpty Bumpty BUMP!
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cochick
Member # 6167

- posted      Profile for cochick   Email cochick         Edit/Delete Post 
Just thought I'd be annoying and

*BUMP*

Night Night All [Sleep] - well its almost 2.00am here and I've work tomorrow.

Posts: 394 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bumpy
Member # 6297

Bump.
Bumpy
Member # 6297

Bump.
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

- posted      Profile for Slash the Berzerker   Email Slash the Berzerker         Edit/Delete Post 
I have to agree with xavier. Funny or interesting in some way should be a requirement even of fluff.

Is it really that much fun to type <bump> over and over again?

Posts: 5383 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

[Sleep]
Bumpy
Member # 6297

Bump.
Bumpy
Member # 6297

Bump.

Humans.. the cons definately outweigh the pros on their existing...

fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
Bumpy is as bumpy does.

[Cool]

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bumpy
Member # 6297

Bumpy does what a bumpy is..

Bump.

fallow
Member # 6268

what's a bumpy?
Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bumpy
Member # 6297

A bumpy is... a... shutup!

Bump.

fallow
Member # 6268

bumpy's got sass!

bouncy and sassy combined?!

that IS bumpolicious.

rivka
Member # 4859

[Sleep]
Marek
Member # 5404

- posted      Profile for Marek   Email Marek         Edit/Delete Post 
so is this thread really immortal?
Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

[Angst] That is the second post bumped in the last few hours that hadn't been posted to in ages . . . and the last old post was mine.

I'm a thread-killer, aren't I? *weeps*

Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
well you did snooze on it. [Razz]

Bump-splat!

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

of course not, but if it turns out I'm wrong, then you might turn your talent to the last post thread.
Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
pumb
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Pfft. NO ONE can kill that thread, Marek.

And believe me, I have tried.

Marek
Member # 5404

oh i beleive you.
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Do the Bump!!!!!!!! [Party] Or isn't that a dance?

[ December 23, 2004, 04:49 PM: Message edited by: SteveRogers ]

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 6593

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
dingle dingle dingle!

bump bump bump!

Posts: 3214 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trisha the Severe Hottie
Member # 6000

- posted      Profile for Trisha the Severe Hottie   Email Trisha the Severe Hottie         Edit/Delete Post 
Bumpy: The smurf that refused to wear a girdle.

:bump:

Posts: 666 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Stories that Go Bump in the Night [Angst] [Evil Laugh]
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave]
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tater
Member # 7035

- posted      Profile for Tater           Edit/Delete Post 
bu...ffoonery.
Enough of this buffoonery.

Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

MC Hammer once rapped," The pumps and the bumps Oh the pumps and the bumps!
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Ouch! I have a bumpy on my butt! *squeezes, checks for pus*
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.